Hamilton: The Musical

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Unless you live under a rock, you've probably heard of the new biggest hit on Broadway and my latest obsession, Hamilton. This hip-hop/rap about the life of Alexander Hamilton has taken the world by storm. Everyone is talking about this show. It's drawing not just the musical theatre crowd, but also hip-hop fans, history buffs, and all sorts of people who normally wouldn't be interested in the going-ons of Broadway. Everyone from Obama to Tom Hanks to Beyonce has seen it and are raving. It's just a shame the earliest you can get tickets in for February. The show is so popular it's actually sold out for the rest of the year.

Here's a playlist of the whole musical on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUSRfoOcUe4avCXPg6tPgdZzu--hBXUYx
Should be a no-brainer, but listen to it in order. It's an incredible experience. If you enjoyed it, I highly recommend supporting the show and buying it in iTunes or whatever music service you use. Physical disc also works of course.

Those of you who have listened to it, what did you think? Those who haven't listened to it, what are you waiting for? What do you stall for?

It's kinda weird to say, but I feel like I'm witnessing musical theatre history. Not since Les Miserables or Phantom of the Opera has there been a show with this much hype. I guess you could make an argument for The Lion King and Wicked, but this really feels like something big and new for musical theatre as a whole. Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now.

i listened to the whole soundtrack a while ago

it's definitely amazing, but, as with anything with hype, it's overhyped

First off you are a hero and a scholar for making this thread oml

I've listened to most of the soundtrack, and I love it so far. I have like ten tracks left to listen to, and I've been putting that off for ever .-.

Also the offcial website has a link for auditions for the national tours, I'm sure people are excited about that (though idk if those are still open or not, they've been open for a few good months to my knowledge)

Also theatre nerds love this musical to death, I speak from experience (some of my friends who are also theatre nerds who love this musical got me to listen to the soundtrack, therefore dragging me into yet another fandom... send help asap)

Dia Kurosawa said:
I've listened to most of the soundtrack, and I love it so far. I have like ten tracks left to listen to, and I've been putting that off for ever .-.
You get nothing if you wait for it, wait for it.

Back