Lovable fangames topic.

Zae

Donkey Kong
Banned User
Yeah another one of those OOOO IVE THINKING ABOUT THIS FOR AWHILE situations.

But yeah i like fangames, its the reason why im such a determined gamer, i tried to make games and it often failed but in those times i played some very impressive fangames, mostly mario though.

But dont let the mario thing stop you, im always out to try out new fangames, while a lot are not that great, ive found some really good gems in my time comparable to even top line games, let's see what we can come up with, ill start.

[Another Metroid 2 Remake]

metroid2remake.blogspot.com

By far the most impressive fan game ive ever seen in my life, its good its godly on levels comparable to great gems like super metroid, metroid zero mission, and metroid fusion.

Visually, its like a combination of super metroid and zero mission, blending in a few nods from fusion, all blending in to make a perfect metroid style, from terrain, to samus, to enemies. Beautiful animated like mzm, and having its own modern touches to make the game utterly sexy visually.

Music wise, its metroid prime style baby, one of the most critically acclaimed ost of all time, and its great, since metroid 2 had little music to begin with, most of the soundtrack is entirely new and it works wonders in both atmosphere and just lovely hear, its a great soundtrack. Sound wise, not quite as impacting as fusion but still enough to fit well and be satisfying at the same time.

Gameplay, its metroid beyond its prime, very smooth controls, keyboard or gamepad, it works great, its very smooth, you feel in control, having amazing controls from the top of the line 2d metroid games and its just glorious. I feel what i want to feel in a metroid game, its easy to adapt and everything, it is solid.

Yeah sorry i really fangasm when i talk about the game, but i cant help it and when its coming close to completion, its hard to resist. It's a metroid fans wet dream, and its happening.

[Psycho waluigi]

http://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=25698

one of the best fangames to ever exist, and probably my favorite mario fangame.

The creator ive talked, thunder dragon, thought of the gameplay idea in a dream, and to be honest, it really seems like it. The game itself isnt really so weird, but rather insanely creative in what it does.

The graphics are pretty nice, seems like a more detailed super mario world really, but like i said better, no real issues here and it plays smoothly too.

the music is very nice, very fitting for an older mario game, and very fitting for a waluigi game, im really fond of the title screen music in particular. The sound delivers in general and i like the sound direction, very well done, and fitting.

Gameplay it has the mario platforming basics with a nice interesting twist to it, psychic powers add all kinds of variety to the game such as controlling enemies and tossing them, enemies having projectiles, even able to grab about anything with powers. A variety of different powerups as well to find in stages or buy in the shop to make things interesting and the level design and challenge is excellent.

overall amazing game by far.

I'm sure there are more to add, but these are the ones that really stick out for me.

i'm not sure if super mario bros. x counts as a fan game, but yeah, that

Baby Luigi said:
i'm not sure if super mario bros. x counts as a fan game, but yeah, that

yeah it pretty much is just has some level creation with it.

Despite being No. 1 Waluigi fan I didn't actually play Psycho Waluigi (I've been meaning to though :waluigi: ) but AM2R is absolutely beautiful and I cannot wait for the final version. I love the music, the graphics, the gameplay (I use a keyboard and can handle it), and everything about it. As somebody who played the original Metroid 2 before it, the locations seem so familiar yet so different. The atmospheres are changed drastically and set an feeling the original simply cannot compare to. I love the original very much, though. I've been waiting a long time for this moment, thanks for letting me know it's coming out because I haven't been up to date.

Another Metroid Text Adventure is way better though. Hands down.

81q4Cna.png

yep its getting there for certain to say the least, the big thing now that is being worked on is the queen metroid and the ending itself, after that its pretty much or just absolutely finished, lots of people are going apeshit about it and that itself is pretty understandable, its been in progress for a long time but i dont think ive ever been disappointed with it, i just hope nintendo doesnt get jealous of it and close it down.

Rockman 8 FC and Rockman 7 FC.

if mugen counts then that

I dare you to find another game where you can play as ronald mcdonald and captain america

Edward Elric said:

I dare you to find another game where you can play as ronald mcdonald and captain america

i wouldnt count it since its not really a game, its a game making program, but not a game in itself such as smbx or super mario war

Edward Elric said:

945C15F8D68D2C2D61718A752CE9D8D5F64FAB41

but yeah like Zae said, it's more like a....thing and not really a game, since it's 99% user content and you decide what gets put in it mostly.

Time Turner said:
It's still a fighting game, though. Minecraft's still a game regardless of how much redstone and how many command blocks people use.

no since its not used for making games, theres no game to mugen, thats like saying rpg maker is a game or python is a game, you make games with them, they're not games themselves.

I would say that the base game itself is like, extremely light. Like, only one character and one stage, and I think their purpose is to serve as a template of what you can do.

Time Turner said:
Unless I'm seriously misremembering something, MUGEN gave you a base game to start off, which you were then able to mod to ridiculous lengths.

not really, that was nothing more then a testing ground, it gave you a testing character, with other testing stuff, but its barebones and doesnt even qualify as a game, i spent years in mugen and thats all it ever was.

Serio's Castlevania Fighter is a good fangame. I love it.

alright people am2r is going to be released august 6th, the countdown has already begun.

Shout out to Godzilla: Daikaiju Battle Royale for being more film accurate than licensed games. It's a ton of fun for a Godzilla fan.

LESS THEN 4 DAYS FOR AM2R GET HYPPED

http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

Back