Anybody else curious as to what the kids these days think of Mario?

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
I think we all generally know what we the more long running fans of the series think but what about the younger folk? Those whose most recent games are barely a few years old and are only a few years old?

Do they like Mario? Do they hate it? Do they have any opinion on the current series of games? Afterall they are definitely a major part of the demographic for this franchise and I feel like many of the older fans often forget these games are enjoyed by a wide variety of ages. Especially kids.

Oh, kids still like Mario.

One time I wore my Yoshi shirt (my mom bought it for me for anyone who asks why the hell i would wear one) and a kid recognized it so I had to smile and say "Yoshi" back. It's very cute when kids recognize the shirt.

plenty of kids these days still like mario, just due to nintendo's recent failings its probably not as popular

Baby Luigi said:

One time I wore my Yoshi shirt (my mom bought it for me for anyone who asks why the hell i would wear one) and a kid recognized it so I had to smile and say "Yoshi" back. It's very cute when kids recognize the shirt.

That's actually really sweet

Baby Luigi said:

Well ain't that just precious.

Though I do wonder what they think of certain games that many older fans don't like.

one of my siblings (who's a kindergarten teacher) has like six kids in her class who call themselves "hardcore" Mario fans. however they're completely oblivious to the existence of all the spin-off series except for Mario Kart

Happy said:
one of my siblings (who's a kindergarten teacher) has like six kids in her class who call themselves "hardcore" Mario fans. however they're completely oblivious to the existence of all the spin-off series except for Mario Kart

Tell them to come here

we need more new users

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:

Well ain't that just precious.

Though I do wonder what they think of certain games that many older fans don't like.
What, like Mario is Missing? They would probably think it's stupid for being a boring educational game.

No. Stuff like sticker star, Mario Party 9 and 10. NSMB2 that kinda stuff.

Mcmadness said:
And Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

Mcmadness said:

I would indeed be very interested to see what kids* and people who don't have exposure to the previous Mario RPGs think of Sticker Star

*tbh, I think they'd be very frustrated by the puzzle and trial and errors elements, but whatev.

Fun fax: Mario Party 9 is the most-viewed Mario game on Youtube

CMOIY60WgAAVeGq.png:large

Glowsquid said:
Mcmadness said:

I would indeed be very interested to see what kids* and people who don't have exposure to the previous Mario RPGs think of Sticker Star

*tbh, I think they'd be very frustrated by the puzzle and trial and errors elements, but whatev.

Fun fax: Mario Party 9 is the most-viewed Mario game on Youtube

CMOIY60WgAAVeGq.png:large

Good good, Mario Party 9 deserves it.
In fact I consider this game better than all Mario spin off we got on Wii U.

how is fucking cars 2 the most viewed gaming video, seriously
Magikrazy said:
Even Mario Kart 8?
i recall saying cirdec isnt a big fan of mk8

I've heard some students in my high school in my math class in Grade 9 say that "Dude, Mario's for like six to twelve year olds" and "Mario is for like people aged 8 to 12 year olds". Kids are also kinda insulting Mario nowadays.

Mario Party 9 is fun to watch the RNG screw others over I guess

Despises is a better word I'd say.

Myrmidon NSY said:
how is fucking cars 2 the most viewed gaming video, seriously
Magikrazy said:
Even Mario Kart 8?
i recall saying cirdec isnt a big fan of mk8

Yeah because I find the weight imbalance and the terrible item distribution ruin the fun of this game.

I already know several kids who love Mario, but I've also seen kids on Amazon reviews of the San-ei plushie who absolutely adored them, I've seen kids with Mario shirts (some even exclaim about the Mario shirts I wear; I can't help smiling), and I've even seen kids play with Mario plushies. I think there are always new kids introduced to the Mario series and it pleases me a lot since I went through the same thing and I'm still a huge Mario fan today. I wish I can talk to a few.

Back