noises you can't stand

Styrofoam gives me really bad headaches, even thinking of the sound right now gives me a huge headache. Also really high pitched sounds will probably give me a headache for the rest of the day.

Hooo boy, way too many to list. I'm going to list some anyway.

The sound of scratching over a certain type of fabric
Heartbeats
The sound the tiles on my roof make during heavy wind
Irregular snoring
The sounds my throat makes with every breath when I've inhaled too much dust
Noisy children
Yoshi's voice clips in Super Mario Galaxy 2
A very particular sound you can make with guitar strings
A whole bunch of relatively insignificant noises that I don't know how to describe (like, right now the cable of my headphones is rubbing against something, creating a sound that reverberates in the parts that go on your ears and its very annoying)
Diddy Kong's voice clips in Donkey Kong Country Returns
Annoying verbal ticks once I become aware of their pattern/people saying the same thing over and over again
The sound of my computer processing shit (it likes to do a thing where it's quiet, then makes a short processing noise, then goes quite again, and repeat. Drives me nuts)

It's very easy to set me off with sounds. Idk why.

Snoring, screaming babies, and the sound of metal rubbing against metal.

Dogs barking/whining. And the trains that go by my house all night, and screaming.

Motorbikes.
In fact any loud sudden noises can scare me, being very sensitive to noise as blah blah autism and sensory issues.

Nyrie said:
the sound of people chewing

Oh god, I forgot about that one!

Especially the sound of eating an apple. Also the sound of gulping. Ugh!

I remember playing an RTS once and they played a sound clip of someone chewing an apple every time you moved the screen past the food storage place. Drove me up the wall. I had to go into the game files and replace the files that contained the apple biting with something else.

The only noise that bothers me is when you have two forks stuck together and you pull them apart and they make that terrible metal screech sound thing. Everything else doesn't seem to bother me, but that one is unique.

Also, fortunately rather rare.

anything insanely high pitched annoys the hell out of me

anything that's really loud

although gunshots don't bother me for some odd reason

Slamming of doors
Thunder
The beep the Wii makes when it freezes
Snoring
That noise when you rub those holographic animate-y things the wrong way
Mosquitoes
Crying babies
Kazumi Totaka as Yoshi
Freight Train horns
Crickets when they're right in proximity of me
The sound of illegal street racing
An audience screaming
Firecrackers
Broken glass

I might miss some

Running your finger over a glossy surface, like a photo. Combined with the smooth-yet-grippy texture, the squeal really is uncomfortable.

Baby Luigi said:

I actually find thunderstorms extremely relaxing (given that I'm indoors, of course).

Andymii said:
I actually find thunderstorms extremely relaxing (given that I'm indoors, of course).

you're weird

every sound a child makes... unfortunately, I work in the kids mall at a shopping centre

Back