Most memorable cutscenes from Mario games

Invisiboo111

The Pun and Joke Master
Those cutscenes from Mario games that you can't get out of your head.

Mine? The moment in New super Mario bros for the DS, when you defeat bowser in World 1, and... well... Bowser turns to dry bowser. That gave me nightmares for weeks. How Disturbing.

What's yours?

the endings of ttyd and spm were really memorable.

:luigi: From Luigi's Mansion from the GCN

When Luigi finally saves Mario , he cries out of joy. That's very emotional and make me love the game even more and Luigi alone as a character.

:peach: From Super Princess Peach , everytime Perry dreams about his past and when Peach Recues both Mario and Luigi , not an actual scene but it's there.

:daisy: When Daisy slaps Bowser in Mario Party 3

:rosalina: When Rosalina helps Mario at the end of Super Mario Galaxy

The one that disturbed me for some reason was the giant vortex-like thing at the end of Super Mario Galaxy.

Invisiboo111 said:
Mine? The moment in New super Mario bros for the DS, when you defeat bowser in World 1, and... well... Bowser turns to dry bowser. That gave me nightmares for weeks. How Disturbing.

I'd say it's fine as long as you don't see Bowser actually losing his skin. *shivers*

Swiftie_Luma said:
:daisy: When Daisy slaps Bowser in Mario Party 10

I don't remember that one. When is it shown?

Oooh that one. I vaguely remember that (it's been like forever since I played MP3).

The ending of Partners in Time. It's happy, but also pretty upsetting at the same time. The Super Mario-Kun drew how I felt pretty well.

364px-SuperMarioKun_v._37_Ending.png

I also remember the various baby shenanigans from Partners in Time as well.

The beginning of Galaxy was cool.

The ending of sunshine was memorable for all the wrong reasons.

I still think the most memorable cutscene in the Super Mario games I played (I didn't really play New Super Mario Bros. so far, but I don't like the Dry Bowser cutscene anyway...) is this:
And I am a NES/SNES era guy, so my reaction to this reveal was "wait, another?"

If we want epicness, the choice is really easy:
Best intro so far.

Some weirdness like Bowser apparently dying, the Comet Observatory being destroyed and a giant Rosalina, but all is well that ends well, so best ending so far anyway!

Dark ProtoMan said:

It's more like they're one big family, or maybe a troupe of actors.
Miyamoto was deadly serious!

the opening cutscene from mario power tennis is genius

The opening of Super Mario Galaxy. When Bowser's airships were coming in with the SMB3 airship theme orchestrated to perfect was just so mind blowing to me.

Everything in TTYD.

Everything.

The cutscene right before the final phase of the final boss fight in TTYD.

The ending of Sunshine when...
F.L.U.D.D. breaks downs and Mario slowly tilts his head down. (presumably grieving?)

The opening of Galaxy.

The ending of the first Mario vs. Donkey Kong where...
Mario forgives Donkey Kong and gives him a mini. D'aaaaaaaw. : 3

Wario and Waluigi's shenanigans during both the openings of Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Literally all the animated cinematics in Wario Land Shake it.

The endings of both of the Luigi's Mansion games.

The cutscene before the Blooper boss in Bowser's Inside Story is very... memorable.
Fawful: It is I who added the nuts to that statue.

LunarTanooki said:
The ending of Sunshine when...
F.L.U.D.D. breaks downs and Mario slowly tilts his head down. (presumably grieving?)
eh, that was kinda pointless when
fludd just comes back a moment later

What about the ending cutscene from Captain Toad Treasure Tracker? It even has a starshroom cameo. Galaxy references warm my heart; it was my first Super Mario game.

The ending of captain toad was cute and the continuity with 3D world was nifty.

Well, this is more an area than a cutscene, but...
Dream's Deep really got to me. It's still one of the most stand-out things I've ever seen in a Mario game. It cemented what I already knew about Luigi in regard to his bond with Mario and it set up a nice character arc that would become complete throughout the game.

Not to mention the fact that it was a nightmare, too...

"Leave my mama alone you, bad man!"

In the other hand, every time I hear Bowser Jr. utter it, I have to laugh.

Back