Issue 106

Andymii

'Hoy, small fry!
Poll Committee
It's been delayed. Yaaaaay

Maybe I can revise my sections, since we have more time.

Yes; the issue itself was automatically delayed since Issue 105 was pushed back a week. Since this month has five Saturdays, it will reset back in February.

Yeah, I was gonna say, I'd figured it had been planned for next weekend all along, seeing as submission deadlines were this week and whatnot.

I didn't realize it was delayed, so my section was sent in really early then.

Although I would like to know how these are scheduled. Are they random dates, or something else?

I saw it delayed and I'm like "not again!"

I've already sent my section like, 2 weeks ago and I don't think it needs any changes, at least, not that I know of.

Issues are released the third Saturday of each month. December's was pushed back a week so January's was too. But, since January has five Saturdays, we'll be back to normal for February.

I still haven't gotten mine in because as you know I'm having image problems.

What time (in hours) are issues normally released?

Heeeeere it comes! From the 'Shroom studios at MarioWiki in the Userverse, it's our next issue!

In other words, it's coming out now.

Can we like, wait for SMB to announce it? And not bombard the staff about getting the update out?

I just noticed that even links to nonexistent pages are blue in the issue.

Idk why though, but the issue looks great so far.

Everything is up!

I would like to welcome Andymii to the Core Staff! He has agreed to be the Fun Stuff Director for the next term, and we're excited to have him on board. We're also pleased to have Tucayo return from being a staff consultant as Statistics Manager! Turboo, Marshal Dan Troop, and Palkia47 will assume roles as staff consultants.

Please be sure to check out the Tropical Freeze Art Contest (The_'Shroom:Issue_106/Palette Swap#Tropical_Freeze_Art_Contest) announcement in the Palette Swap, as well as the anonymous submissions for the Lightning Opinion Piece Contest (The_'Shroom:Issue_106/Critic_Corner#Lightning_Opinion_Piece_Contest) in Critic Corner! Voting for the latter has started now; whoever gets the most votes will receive a prize.

Please enjoy this edition! We have a Zelda and Pokémon theme going on next month, since those series are having anniversaries. More on that soon.

I feel that Andymii is going to be a really valuable addition to the team and that he will carry out his duties admirably. I also am excited to see Tucayo return as our Statistics Manager. Last, but not least, of the returning Core Staff membes is Superchao, who makes another term as our esteemed Activities Manager. All of those are exciting things, but we've got two entirely new positions called Programming Manager, done by 2257, and Graphic Design Manager, done by Edofenrir, that definitely will spruce up future issues of The 'Shroom.

Here's to a great 2016, everybody!

Super Mario Bros. said:
Please be sure to check out the Tropical Freeze Art Contest (The_'Shroom:Issue_106/Palette Swap#Tropical_Freeze_Art_Contest) announcement in the Palette Swap

Would have done it if anyone submitted Tropical Freeze models to the Model's Resource. Sadly, there isn't any models of that game at all. Garry's Mod would definitely benefit from a better Kongs ragdolls.

Also I'd like to thank anyone who has voted my section last month, as it is an utter shock to me, but really, everyone did a very wonderful job. For this month, I've really enjoyed the effort put into Walkazo's, Time Turner's, and Dippy's sections in Palette Swap.

Baby Luigi said:
Would have done it if anyone submitted Tropical Freeze models to the Model's Resource. Sadly, there isn't any models of that game at all. Garry's Mod would definitely benefit from a better Kongs ragdolls.
I just used models from Brawl.

I know the feeling of thinking my bear feet slippers would protect me from LEGO cities, but not, all too well :'( :'(

Hohoh, I won 'Shroom Tokens! :D I'm getting good at these things.

Overall yet another neat issue of the paper. Good to see that the headers now use Times New Roman, the old Kunstler Script font was a pet peeve of mine.
I also didn't know what silly shoes people come up with. Think of the pranks you can do with those bear-shoes :shifty:

Only problem I had is that some sections with reporting content where submitted very early and not updated when changes happened. Like, it's jarring to read that no proposals happened in Community Report while at least five happened, or read about 'ongoing' TPP's with deadlines in 2015.

Fun Stuff - Hiding Koopa: HKJan16.png doesn't exist, and Smg2daisy's name is spelled with two Ds.
Pipe Plaza - The 'Shroom Report: the Writer History spreadsheet that is linked to is inaccessible.
Strategy Wing - Insider 64: Vanish Cap Under the Moat - redlinks.
Overall - Almost all tables style their rows and cells individually, despite the existence of the shroomtable CSS classes. In this issue, only Paper Yoshi makes use of them.

The Pyro Guy said:
I just noticed that even links to nonexistent pages are blue in the issue.

Idk why though, but the issue looks great so far.
Every redlink is like that since July 2015. They updated the layout then with Issue 100.
I have stuff in my common.css to see through hidden redlinks, so I'm seeing them anyway.

Also can the actual core staff create these topics next month?

@LTQ: I'm almost sure the sheet is set do anyone with the link can view, is this link below working?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HXTtvO2DPRj4mHWFfckBtHpPI1TAwOjKmNkuT0VNm0E/edit?usp=docslist_api

Hobbes said:
@LTQ: I'm almost sure the sheet is set do anyone with the link can view, is this link below working?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HXTtvO2DPRj4mHWFfckBtHpPI1TAwOjKmNkuT0VNm0E/edit?usp=docslist_api
Yes, it works now. Thanks for fixing, always an interesting sheet.

(I see you created a new one, maybe update the link in the Writers History topic also.)

Back