The Definitive Unused Fighter List

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

This is a great article that details all the characters that were considered, planned, and scrapped for each Smash game. It debunks a lot of old rumors about which characters were discussed for each game, such as the popular "Wario was cut because he deserved better than being a Mario clone" and "If all the clones were cut, Dedede was going to be added to Melee"

This website in general is a great source for all sorts of Smash information. They've been translating Sakurai's famitsu columns and digging up any info on Smash that they can. They also do some speculation articles (not anymore I guess since DLC is done) and are very wise and smart about keeping their predictions realistic.

I really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for the link.

I sorta feel bad for Takamaru, I hope he makes it in playable in the next Smash Bros.

Nah, no one knows Takamaru. He's better off as an Assist Trophy. Yeah I know, it could be used to make him more recognized, but then again, many other characters are in his position as well.

Actually, I still, to this day, I'm salty that Little Mac made the transition from Assist Trophy to playable character. At least Little Mac is well recognized... Maybe I'm just biased because I hate him so much.

Or Ness. Or the Mother series. Or F-Zero. Or Kid Icarus.

It's always a good idea to put obscure Nintendo reps into Smash.

Back