Borp's Hurt 'n' Heal: Sign-ups are underway!

Borp

Lakitu
Okay dorks, time for a Hurt 'n' Heal with BALLS.

This Hurt 'n' Heal will allow up to 30 users to duke it out and prove who is the mightiest, and it has advanced rules. If you can't keep up, you ain't gonna last. Friends may become enemies, enemies may become friends. There's no telling who will come out on top.

To give you an idea of how this Hurt 'n' Heal works, I'll post the rules right here:

- A maximum of 30 players must participate.
- Only players on the approved list can play. Only the GM (that's me!) can add or remove players from the list.
- Each player starts with 15 HP.
- On your turn you are entitled to 1 Hurt and 1 Heal, at 1 point each.
- You cannot Hurt or Heal yourself.
- You cannot Hurt and Heal the same person on the same turn.
- You get one turn every 24 hours (GM's time!).
- You MUST use both your Hurt and Heal for your turn to be valid. If they are not used your turn will be discounted.
- Your HP may not exceed its maximum of 20.
- When you perform a Hurt and Heal on your turn, you MUST update the list of players and their respective HP values in your post. Failure to do so will result in a 1 damage penalty by the GM.

Those are the basics, now it's time for some Advanced Techniques:

Combo Attack: If you Hurt the same player multiple times in a row, you may add 1 extra damage point for each Hurt. This can be performed up to a maximum of five times (twice = 2 damage, three = 3 damage, four = 4 damage, five = 5 damage).

- IMPORTANT -
- You MUST announce you are performing a Combo Attack in your post or it will not be counted.
- Combo Attacks cannot be retroactively applied. Any attempts to cheat by retroactively applying a Combo Attack will be met with a penalty of 1 damage.
- You MUST make sure you did in fact Hurt the same player each turn. Attempting to cheat by announcing a Combo Attack where it does not apply will be met with a penalty of 1 damage.

KO Bonus: If you KO a player (that is, reduce their HP to 0) you may add 1 extra damage point to your next Hurt.

- IMPORTANT -
- You MUST announce you are using a KO Bonus in your post or it will not be counted.
- KO Bonuses cannot be retroactively applied. Any attempts to cheat by retroactively applying a KO Bonus will be met with a penalty of 1 damage.
- You MUST make sure you did in fact KO a player before applying the KO Bonus.. Attempting to cheat by announcing a KO Bonus where it does not apply will be met with a penalty of 1 damage.

Focus Attack: You may give up your Heal to add 1 point of damage to your Hurt. This stacks with a Combo Attack or KO Bonus, but it MUST be applied before either.

- IMPORTANT -
- You MUST announce you are performing a Focus Attack in your post or it will not be counted.
- Focus Attacks cannot be retroactively applied. Any attempts to cheat by retroactively applying a Focus Attack will be met with a penalty of 1 damage.

Those are sure to bring some extra pain to this game, now we'll look at some Special Abilities that are only accessible at certain HP values:

Full Power: As long as your HP as it its maximum (20), you may add 1 point of damage to your Hurt. This stacks with a Focus Attack and a Combo Attack or KO Bonus, but it MUST be applied before any of these.

- IMPORTANT -
- You MUST announce you are using Full Power in your post or it will not be counted.
- Full Power cannot be retroactively applied. Any attempts to cheat by retroactively applying Full Power will be met with a penalty of 1 damage.

Power Rush: When you are in Danger (5 HP or less remaining), you may add 1 point of damage to your Hurt. This stacks with a Focus Attack and a Combo Attack or KO Bonus, but it MUST be applied before any of these.

- IMPORTANT -
- You MUST announce you are using Power Rush in your post or it will not be counted.
- Power Rush cannot be retroactively applied. Any attempts to cheat by retroactively applying Power Rush will be met with a penalty of 1 damage.

Mega Rush: When you are in Peril (1 HP remaining), you may add 3 points of damage to your Hurt. This stacks with a Focus Attack and a Combo Attack or KO Bonus, but it MUST be applied before any of these.

- IMPORTANT -
- You MUST announce you are using Mega Rush in your post or it will not be counted.
- Mega Rush cannot be retroactively applied. Any attempts to cheat by retroactively applying Mega Rush will be met with a penalty of 1 damage.

Now that the techniques and abilities are covered, I'd like to show you some Miscellaneous Rules, to make the game even more interesting:

Time Limit: If you do not make a turn for three days (three 24 hour periods), you will receive a 1 damage penalty. Failure to make a turn after this will result in a 1 damage penalty per day every day until a turn is made.

Return Postage: Should a player reduce your HP to 0, you may deal 3 damage to that player in retaliation. This MUST be announced within a day (24 hour period) of being KO'd. This does not count as a turn.

Ghost Mode: When you are KO'd (HP is reduced to 0), you may come back as a Ghost and wreak havoc on other players. Ghosts take turns like normal users, but they may only Hurt at 1 point of damage. After 10 players become Ghosts, this is increased to 2 points. After 20 players become Ghosts, this is increased to 3. Once only five players are remaining, Ghosts are removed from the game.

Last Five Players: As soon as only five players are remaining, all Ghosts will be removed from the game and the Time Limit penalty will be increased to 2 points of damage. The player who was KO'd first will be invited by the GM (that's me!) to make a prediction on who will win the Hurt 'n' Heal.

Golden Player: The player who wins this Hurt 'n' Heal (that is, is the only player surviving) will attain Golden status. That player will begin the next Hurt 'n' Heal with their HP at maximum (20) instead of the usual 15.

Now that all the rules are out of the way, let me post the sign-up slots down here. This space will be edited as more and more forum users sign up to be players. When you're signing up, feel free to ask any questions about the game if you're confused:

1. Pi
2. freakworld
3. Stargazing
4. Cat Gray

Hope you're ready to bring the pain. :evilgrin:

Oh wow there's actual gameplay and mindgames in this one, sign me up.

I assure you I tried to make it easy. I guess I didn't succeed well enough. ;D

Ladies and gentlemen, our second competitor: freakworld!

Back