gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Fire Emblem)

GBA

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
So a few months ago I got three free GBA games from Club Nintendo and I've only just decided to start playing them in this order:

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Metroid Fusion

and I'm gonna post about these games in here as I play them because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've reached Yoshi Theatre in Superstar Saga and I'm up to Chapter 9 in Sacred Stones, but because Superstar Saga is fantastic (aside from the boss battles) I'll finish it first before continuing Sacred Stones. I've also got Golden Sun which needs to be completed so that'll probably come after before Metroid Fusion.

I'm really surprised at the amount of great GBA games I've missed so I'll likely download more once I'm finished with this lot, so feel free to suggest things for me to play as well. I might even start writing about some of these for virtual console reviews if i get really bored

Currently own:
WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania ~ Finished
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga ~ Finished 1/12/15
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones ~ Finished 7/12/15
Golden Sun ~ Finished 9/12/15
Metroid Fusion ~ Finished 11/12/15
Wario Land 4 ~ Finished 15/1/16
Advance Wars ~ On Hold
Fire Emblem

suggestions/ideas/etc.:
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Metroid: Zero Mission
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Mega Man Zero 1-4
Kuru Kuru Kururin
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

eventually:
Mother 3
Fire Emblem: Binding Blade
Frogger Adventures: Temple of the Frog
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced

also because of Miiverse I'm able to post screenshots in here (albeit with really shitty lighting and a nasty black border so I might not do it very often)
u7e4euE.jpg

Re: gba plays gba games

Bartz Klauser said:
play Zero Mission

and the Yoshi's Island remake
can do

fusion will actually be my first metroid game so im looking forward to it
and if its good then i can only hope zero mission is just as great

Threek said:
mega man zero 1-4
holy shit they're all on the eshop so yes

i've heard battle network is ok so would that also be worth looking at???

Pi said:
also Kuru Kuru Kururin
are kururin those helicopter things from brawl

sounds interesting, i'll give it a closer look a little later

You should definitely play FE7 eventually, it's my personal favourite entry in the FE series.

And maybe after FE7 if you can use an emulator try FE6 (Binding Blade), it's a harder game, especially on hard mode, but it is a sequel to FE7, and I'm enjoying it.

Beast Boy said:
Also play Mother 3. Do it for me~
ofc :birdo:

but yeah if the game isn't on the eshop then i'll either need to buy the cart myself (unlikely tbh) or find an emulator which can play it, so i'll probably need ur help (in pms) when i get around to playing it. look at dat backlog already

mother 3 localisation is by far the biggest missed opportunity from nintendo, no hyperbole

Magikrazy said:
Frogger's Adventures: Temple of the Frog
Raigh said:
You should definitely play FE7 eventually, it's my personal favourite entry in the FE series.

And maybe after FE7 if you can use an emulator try FE6 (Binding Blade), it's a harder game, especially on hard mode, but it is a sequel to FE7, and I'm enjoying it.
yeah same thing with mother 3 pretty much, it'll be hard for me to promise games that aren't on the eshop until i've gotten the hang of using an emulator

though FE7 is a certainty, and that'll probably come after i finish the club nintendo games :luigi:

GBAToad said:
Beast Boy said:
Also play Mother 3. Do it for me~
ofc :birdo:

but yeah if the game isn't on the eshop then i'll either need to buy the cart myself (unlikely tbh) or find an emulator which can play it, so i'll probably need ur help (in pms) when i get around to playing it. look at dat backlog already

mother 3 localisation is by far the biggest missed opportunity from nintendo, no hyperbole
Tell me about it. Honestly, emulating games not localized/available for your location is not immoral. IDK about illegal, but I don't think it should be immoral.

Beast Boy said:
Tell me about it. Honestly, emulating games not localized/available for your location is not immoral. IDK about illegal, but I don't think it should be immoral.
yeah im really skeptical about it, but if ur alright with helping me out then ill pm you when the time comes if that's ok~

also i've reassembled the beanstar, but completely forgot where the hammerhead brothers relocated to so i've just spent about 15 minutes dodging tanoombas/lakipeas until i had to resort to googling it

mariowiki was no help :dk2:

Re: gba plays gba games (currently playing ~ Superstar Saga)

GBAToad said:
Beast Boy said:
yeah im really skeptical about it, but if ur alright with helping me out then ill pm you when the time comes if that's ok~
ok! i've helped a few people on here getting emulating the game (none of which actually completed it though)
GBAToad said:
Beast Boy said:
also i've reassembled the beanstar, but completely forgot where the hammerhead brothers relocated to so i've just spent about 15 minutes dodging tanoombas/lakipeas until i had to resort to googling it

mariowiki was no help :dk2:
Wow you're already reaching endgame.

Beast Boy said:
ok! i've helped a few people on here getting emulating the game (none of which actually completed it though)
thanks doof <3
i'll definitely complete it then :luigi:

Beast Boy said:
Wow you're already reaching endgame.
oh wow seriously? damn i thought there was still heaps more to do D:
but im really hooked on it atm so i might just end it tonight

i just got around to finding all of the beanstones and its given me a pretty awesome badge that i'll probably save for the end if that's the case

guess im gonna go to jokes end brb

Yeah Jokes End where jokes come to die. It's maddening.

Also yeah you are pretty close to ending. Maybe about idk 4-6 hours depending how good you are at dodging enemies attacks.

wow i did not expect the game's difficulty curve to suddenly become so steep at joke's end

everything kills mario in like 4 hits pretty much
luigi is sick of ur shit mario stop dying

fuck scaratroopeas with their revival water attack thing
fuck them SO much

GBAToad said:
They're not bad games by any means but Battle Network really isn't my cup of tea. You might wanna talk to Superjeff about those if you see him around since he really likes them.

Threek said:
GBAToad said:
They're not bad games by any means but Battle Network really isn't my cup of tea. You might wanna talk to Superjeff about those if you see him around since he really likes them.
ok then, thanks 3k!

Pi said:
But that is exactly why it's called Joke's End: the jokes really do end there.
pretty much, that was awful. jojora confirmed for shit-tier character, second only to fawful

luigi cross-dressing to get back the beanstar was kinda funny though
and now i'm facing popple and birdo :birdo:

edit:i've saved at the entrance to bowser's castle so imma get some sleep and finish the game tomorrow :sleep:

Sylveon said:
do warioware
i've already finished it :yoshi:

Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team

Meta Ridley said:
Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
does it count if i've already played/completed the superior blue rescue team

Back