Nintendo Badge Arcade (Collectible Badge Center)

TinTinfinite

scrunkly
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Infinite8
continued from the other topic: http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=33789.0

(at least in Europe) EDIT: out now in America.

Finally! I been wanting this game for months, although it's a free-to-play game..

NOE press release said:
In this lively arcade run by a chatty rabbit, players can take a shot at crane games and similar classic amusements, collecting badges based on Nintendo games and series like Mario Kart, Splatoon and Animal Crossing. Badges can be used to decorate the HOME Menu, with some even usable instead of the standard system icons that access, among others, Nintendo eShop and StreetPass Mii Plaza – perfect for total HOME Menu makeovers.

Every day, visitors to the arcade get five free plays on a practice machine: it only offers dummy badges, but with skill and a little bit of luck, players can win free plays for the machines packed with real badges. Plays can also be bought at a price of £0.90 / €1.00 for five plays (All prices are Nintendo eShop prices, inclusive of applicable VAT).

Players can show off their unique HOME Menu designs via Miiverse, and check out other creators’ designs for inspiration. There’ll be plenty to discover in the weeks and months following launch too, as the badges and machines on offer will change regularly, opening up even more customisation possibilities.

Re: Collectible Badge Center coming to the west, named Nintendo Badge Arcade

oh sweet

I need the ashley/warioware badges asap but I'm not gonna pay money for it unless I really have to, 5 plays a day should be more than enough for me to get what I need

I love the badges that change icons for the eshop, nintendo camera, etc.

Waaiiiit I see full color versions of Mario Kart 8 stamps and other things

Plz someone freaking rip them

I won't pay for plays but I'm down with having fake ones every day with a chance of getting a free play.

I don't really want badges anyway, but I think it'll be interesting to see how many I can get without paying.

>No pokemon

Yeah whatever you say nintendo. Just bring Flipnote World Gallery to usa already plz.

But there are Pokemon badges, just not in this week's rotation.

Also, this is a pretty interesting distraction. I was able to get 5 free plays by playing the practice game and was able to get all four Gameboys and a SNES controller, so I was satisfied.

Looks interesting, but I'm not paying any money for some pretty Mario asses on my 3DS Home screen so I guess I'll stick with free plays.

I'll also await sprite rips, since I think that's the most exciting part about this thing.

It's out here now, I gave it a shot. I got all the stuff you can get from the first set (Mario Bros. stuff) and then got two free tries at the one with the mario characters in circles.

I won't pay but yeah it's a nice small thing. The bunny is constantly trying to get me to pay up.

This is actually cool for folders, because you can sort by series. I used the mario from the first free play and put all the mario games in that, and my 3 free plays from the practise thing got me a Zelda so I put all my zelda games in that folder. I won't pay though, just get stuff I like from free plays.

Glitchy said:
This is actually cool for folders, because you can sort by series. I used the mario from the first free play and put all the mario games in that, and my 3 free plays from the practise thing got me a Zelda so I put all my zelda games in that folder. I won't pay though, just get stuff I like from free plays.

That's actually a cool idea I never had mine sorted by series.

Is the pay out for badges good if you decide to go free, or is it like those freenium games where you have to make an awful wait to get progres?

Well you get to do 5 free plays once per day. You won't get badges with them, but you might win real plays while doing so. So whether or not you can is up to luck but I would imagine playing it once a day kinda like streetpass or something.

I already got 2 free tries, though I think that might be a scripted event kind of thing.

I don't know how frequent the free tries show up but I'll keep at it for a little while and see. I got a Luigi one. It keeps track of how many you have from each set which is nice.

How often can you obtain free real plays and how many badges can you get per game?

Dr. Mario said:
How often can you obtain free real plays and how many badges can you get per game?
every day you can play a practice machine which has a badge layout similar to one of the real machines, but the badges are made out of wood and can't be used on the home menu

if you can grab every single wooden badge within 5 free plays, you win 1 real play

after the game is over, the wooden badges you collected will be turned around, and if they're red or blue, you'll also win an additional 1 or 3 real plays, respectively

the amount of real badges you can get per game varies depending on the machines you choose. going for larger badges is more of a risk and you're usually guaranteed at least one or two if you're good. there's always machines which are easy to get lots of badges in on one play (rn there's a lot of underground mario machines with blocks/coins galore) but the better badges are much more difficult to obtain

Ah, thanks for explaining, it cleared things up for me.

This bunny is fucking annoying. Stop asking for money every time I use a free play

yeah nintendo went a bit overboard with him
is he supposed to be doing that ironically b/c i find it very unbecoming

Dr. Mario said:
Ah, thanks for explaining, it cleared things up for me.
also actually you're not guaranteed a free play every 5 wooden badges, it's every 10 wooden badges soz

so yeah there's no guarantee you'll get a free play every day

The day somebody rips these sprites is going to be a good day for me.

WVW69ilGi2kUPJvaNX

Priorities.

Also, bunny man just challenged me to a Pokemon battle and my Charmander kicked his Rayquaza's ass.

man the pal version of the game hardly receives updates
the only new machines that've been added since release are some splatoon ones

luckily i was able to get nearly all of the home menu icons and a few extra squids and splattershots with two free plays but still we've hardly received anything else new [nobbc]:([/nobbc]

Threek said:
WVW69ilGi2kUPJvaNX

Priorities.

Also, bunny man just challenged me to a Pokemon battle and my Charmander kicked his Rayquaza's ass.
WVW69ilG3ZsNzZGR5A

You said it man. Priorities.

Also he challenged me and my mighty mewtwo. HE GOT REKTED IN 1 TURN.

Back