YO-KAI WATCH Thread

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
I'm surprised for there to not be a thread of this game yet. Essentially, it is monster-catching RPG. However, instead of controlling their individual attacks you assist them in healing, strong attacks and targetting. There's also sidequests and dungeons.

As for the anime, it focuses more on the actual Yokai themselves and what they cause. It also emphasizes on everyday life situations rather than a story. It also has a kind of sketch-comedy structure to it as well.

The game is going to release on November 6 in North America, 2016 in Europe, and December 5 in Australia.

There's also going to be a manga and toys released as well.

I really like the translation of the series. They really are making sure to keep the same feeling of the original, while not making it appear too foreign to western audiences.

Ni No Kuni is by the same developer and is probably better still.

I think the game's biggest flaw is the RNG of trying to befriend Yokai, which is unfortunate as that's a very key element of the game.

Not sure what wisdom I can give, but my final team was Blandon, Cadable, Baddinyan, Tattlecast, Reuknight, and darumacho. The hardest boss is definitely Sproink. He kicked my ass like two times.

edit: my team was all in mid 40s except for tattlecast who was level 37

Gamefreak75 said:
I think the game's biggest flaw is the RNG of trying to befriend Yokai, which is unfortunate as that's a very key element of the game.

Amen to that. But at least its possible to befriend Yokai without giving them food.

Gamefreak75 said:
Not sure what wisdom I can give, but my final team was Blandon, Cadable, Baddinyan, Tattlecast, Reuknight, and darumacho. The hardest boss is definitely Sproink. He kicked my ass like two times.

edit: my team was all in mid 40s except for tattlecast who was level 37

I have my team mostly planned out and recruited. I was just wondering who I should use between Komajiro/Komasan (I don't have Komasan yet, but I'm about to) combo, a Jibanyan fusion (I'm holding off on this for the time being since fusion is IIRC permanent and you only get 1 Jibanyan in the main game) and Noway's evolved form (Walldin?).

My other Yokai are Appak, Blandon, Reuknight, and Betterfly. I'm not sure who should take the last 2 spots.

My biggest concern is Noway/Walldin, because for someone whose literally a wall, his HP fell too fast. But if he's really good at defense, I can keep it with Betterfly as a literal recovering wall.

I like Komasan more, and he really helps with the boss you're going to fight in the chapter since it's weak to fire (it's also my favorite boss in the game).

I didn't use Appak or Betterfly at all so I can't comment on them. Blandon is fast, his Soultimate is good if you're aiming for one target only, and his Inspirit helps protect certain team members from getting hit. His defense is kinda crap though. Reuknight has really good Hp, defense, and attack, but he's really slow. His Soultimate decimates multiple enemies though and he tanks some hits too.

I'd say Reuknight should be one of the options, since he's overall a good Yokai. I'd also say Betterfly too because having a healer really helps, especially with the final boss. Just be wary because I think most of the healers have crap defense (Tattlecast was almost always half health or less during the final battle). Impass will likely become more tanky as he gains levels.

My advice is when you get to the chapter about the Haunted School, go immediately to Timers and More since the A rank mission will be available. After you get that, you can open the hospital in Shopper's Row where Kyubi was when you first met him there. The enemies in there will almost always give you 190+ EXP per battle so it can really help if you decide to switch Yokai up or are training. That's what I did and it helped me so much with the school chapter.

Ok thanks.

What about having the Koma Bros. together? The game does say they work well together.

Also, Blandon's Soultimate can cancel enemy Soultimates, but I typically activate it too late and get hit hard.

The Koma combo could work too considering that they're both different attributes (Lightning and Fire) and I think their skills support each other too.

Komasan joined me.

Though my Yokai levels are kind of all over the place. Gonna put the stronger ones back in the medallium while I level up Komasan, Reuknight, and Betterfly.

Well, I've defeated Gargaros (red oni) and Orgalus (blue oni). Now to wait for Orcanos (black oni) to show up...

I've started the last chapter (don't know if its due to grinding, but Dr. Maddiman was a joke).

Since I'm supposed to go to Mt. Wildwood to enter the Yokai world, what'll happen to the Crank-a-kai?

Also, I'm trying to activate Eddie's game of hide and seek, other websites I've checked say I'm supposed to be at "B" rank and could do it during the previous chapter, but he just keeps talking about the Summer Festival. I'm already at "A" rank, and completed the last one ironically, so something tells me I'm doing something wrong.

I haven't done Eddie's hide and seek, but you can bring back the Crank-a-kai by inspecting the stone pillar next to the tree.

Heh, turns out Eddie needs a sidequest getting rid of the Yokai in his house at night before he offers to play.

Next stop, the Yokai world(after I stock up on sushi for Appak)!

Wow, I don't know if I was unlucky, but aside from Komiger and Blandon, all of my Yo-kai are carefree. >:[

Also, a little piece of wisdom for anybody wanting to get the game; jaywalking is bad, so don't do it, especially when the consequences for jaywalking are fighting an insanely powerful Yo-kai and not getting any rewards aside from experience points and money.

Back