Undertale (plz click this topic <3)

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster

You know tobyfox? That cool guy who made a bunch of great music for Homestuck? Yeah, he has a new game coming out on Tuesday. It has great music and the demo is great and he's a funny guy. Basically, you should all play it.

Check out some info (and the amazing demo) at undertale.com.

Also, follow him on Twitter. Honestly one of the best people on that site.
fYHQsKm.png

seriously how could you not love this guy

if you weaken vegetoid enough you have the option to spare him

you can try replaying it for a pacfist run but then flowey will mock you for trying to replay the game

there are actually a surprising number of alt endings

Nabber said:
you can try replaying it for a pacfist run but then flowey will mock you for trying to replay the game
I haven't tried the demo yet but I have a question, will he still do that if you delete all files of the game from your computer and then reinstall it?

i don't think so, ive reinstalled the game every now and then and haven't seen anything like that

https://twitter.com/FwugRadiation/status/643844339278462977

reminder that the game came out today

it's on steam or drm free at the website if you want

i only bought this so i could date the skeleton

the revelation that papyrus only likes you platonically was really heartbreaking

the one time a video game has managed to make a character encompassing ALL THREE of my niche interests (skeletons, homemade pasta, and cheesy puzzles) and i can't even drag him around on a date forever. i wasnt prepared for how brutal this is

i assumed the snowdin thing had something to do with the woman-behind-the-door story sans tells you in the mtt restaurant, but idk if that actually gets elaborated on later because i stopped at the core

if its not that then its probably just a red herring like the piano room

it opens up to a room with some red sphere thats apparently a legendary artifact, but i couldnt pick it up because i "had too many dogs in my inventory"

apparently other people have been able to pick it up but i never figured out how to remove the dogs or anything

also for what its worth, the solution is Z, up, right, Z, down, Z, down, right. but i don't know if the music change completely locks you out of the puzzle or if it can still be done if you have the answer

OH DANGIT I CLICKED

okay alright this possibly isnt funny so i apologize.

game looks fun so i might look into it.

i haven't gotten around to playing this yet because i've been busy but what are your non-spoilery thoughts

i think the namechange at the end is meant to symbolize how different you are from the previous kid

if you go all the way back to the beginning after saving the final final boss, you can talk to asriel. he mentions that he and the human shared control over the fusion, and that the kid really hated humanity. he was the one who decided to take the corpse to the village + try to murder everyone there, but asriel stopped him from doing that

the final (?) boss is ridiculously hard and i have no idea what to do

if its asgore just keep fighting him until his hp is depleted, then spare him

tfw you almost beat the final boss but you don't actually

man this is one of the most interesting final boss fights i've played but goddamn is it hard

okay i finished the game but i don't think i got the best ending

thank god i can replay from the final save even if it means going through all this shit again

okay yeah so i murdered flowey which i guess was not the right ending but also he's terrible

apparently i can't actually redo the ending to spare him so that's great

i'll look up the ends on youtube i guess

EDIT:
so i found this song on the website and now i really want to do a genocidal run just so i get to hear this because it's great

killing flowey doesn't actually lock you out of the pacifist ending because there's no way to save after you do it so there's no way to make him stay dead

it does piss him off enough that he won't help you to get the pacifist ending, but its not that hard to figure out how to do it on your own

also, regarding that song,

its a red herring. sans's theme is megalovania

2257 said:
killing flowey doesn't actually lock you out of the pacifist ending because there's no way to save after you do it so there's no way to make him stay dead

it does piss him off enough that he won't help you to get the pacifist ending, but its not that hard to figure out how to do it on your own
yeah well i'm really bad so i don't know how to get that ending

honestly i'm not even sure i'll bother doing a genocidal run because i'm way too attached to these characters and i'd feel really shitty

edit:
so i think the reason i didn't get the true ending is because i kept fleeing from undyne. still not sure how to befriend her
i'm restarting the game now. kinda miffed about having to replay the whole game but at least it's still relatively short

So I can't figure out how to non-fatally beat the final (?) boss. Or if you can even do that, though it would be pretty stupid if you can't.

Just in case he isn't the final boss, which is entirely possible, I'm talking about Asgore.

I am at LV1, but have 5 EXP. Does that screw me out of the solution somehow?

i know this goes without saying... but damn, this game has such a fantastic soundtrack. Heartache still stands as one of the better songs to me, but everything else is pretty consistently great. i can't really pick favorites

also 22 do you plan on changing your theme ton napstablook or can i take him

i've been battling undyne for the past like twenty minutes and i just can't figure out how to be friend her

i've gotten her as low hp as i could, i've pleaded with her to reduce her attacks, i've tried to spare her, nothing's working

do i need to run from her and then go back to her house?

edit: yeah looks like it, cool

Back