Smashified

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Anyone else love these guys' stuff? For those who don't know, they draw characters like how they would appear in Smash. These were the guys behind that Rayman DLC "leak". Their YouTube channel has speed paintings with commentary and specially remixed music.

Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI9d6eQjf__r5gyH4GHRssg/featured

Gallery:
character-portrait.png

character-portrait.png

character-portrait.png

character-portrait.png

character-portrait.png

character-portrait.png

character-portrait.png

character-portrait.png

character-portrait.png

Based on the hints they've been dropping, there's a good chance Isaac is coming next.

My only complaints so far with his content is that I don't exactly know how I feel about him making "Smash art" of fan-made characters (Travis) and something about Shantae's face and Banjo's eyes seems a bit off to me.

Gamefreak75 said:
My only complaints so far with his content is that I don't exactly know how I feel about him making "Smash art" of fan-made characters (Travis) and something about Shantae's face and Banjo's eyes seems a bit off to me.
He actually says in the commentary he wasn't pleased with how Banjo's eyes came out.

Other than Smashified, there's some old ones from 2007. Smashified's "Brawlified"?

geno_of_brawl_by_hextupleyoodot.jpg

bomberman_of_brawl_by_hextupleyoodot.jpg

And before King Dedede was confirmed in Brawl.
_old__brawl_dedede_by_hextupleyoodot-d8s5obc.jpg

Good art, though I wouldn't necessarily call these "Smashified". They look more like generic 3D art to me. Like the Smash Bros. games are.

I'm glad I was busy when the Rayman "leak" was out because they would've broken my heart.

banjo and kazooie's eyes seem kind of off like a couple of others have said, but otherwise these are really good

I'm not usually big on fanart (excluding anything Lucina) but these people do shit most artists don't bother to do, look real not like fanart.

Lucina said:
but these people do *bleep* most artists don't bother to do, look real not like fanart.

I don't know why don't bother to do it....maybe because it takes a ----ton of effort and a decent computer (to render it more easily, since you have to go through a ---ton of tests and renders) to make these look good? But sure, blame it on the lazy artists, that'll show them.

Baby Luigi said:
Lucina said:
but these people do *bleep* most artists don't bother to do, look real not like fanart.

I don't know why don't bother to do it....maybe because it takes a ----ton of effort and a decent computer (to render it more easily, since you have to go through a ---ton of tests and renders) to make these look good? But sure, blame it on the lazy artists, that'll show them.
I didn't take that into consideration my bad.

Trust me, I make 3D renders. It's not easy, especially to make them look like official art and not some random render you did. Especially when you need to skin high poly models and take account of what materials need to be shiny and not. These look really high poly and you need a fairly powerful computer to at least handle posing without having it to lag like hell. Also, a powerful computer helps with rendering, since you need to do it dozens of times to get a desirable result.

Also, *making* these models in the first place. I don't know if they were rigged, but it's harder to pose without rigging.

Back