Minions

It was released in Britain a few Fridays ago, and me and my boyfriend both loved it. Plenty of laughter moments, some decent sad scenes for a kid's movie.

Minions are okay movies. Harmless but I don't think they're very spectacular. I don't know if there are people tired of them, but I'm more interested in the humans in Despicable Me.

Duskull said:
It was released in Britain a few Fridays ago, and me and my boyfriend both loved it. Plenty of laughter moments, some decent sad scenes for a kid's movie.
Well I'm glad the first impressions of the movie posted here are good. I was also more interested i the humans in the first two movies, but I'll definitely give this one a chance. BTW 876, how would you rank this movie compared to the other ones (if you've seen them)?

relevant: https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/617097831128498176

i don't really think the minions are particularly worse than the other hordes of mindless cash products, but i certainly can't say i'm eager to see a movie that think this is quality humor

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amoreeeee!

The last two Despicable Me films were surprisingly good, so I do have relatively high hopes for this movie, though the gratuitous crack shots are very gratuitous. There's a scene in a trailer I saw where one of the minions wears a bikini bottom and the focus is on his rear for several seconds, and I think the world would be a better place if that was purged from the movie.

Lumastar said:
Well I'm glad the first impressions of the movie posted here are good. I was also more interested i the humans in the first two movies, but I'll definitely give this one a chance. BTW 876, how would you rank this movie compared to the other ones (if you've seen them)?
Worse than Despicable Me, but better than Despicable Me 2

I did like Desciciple Me, and I only half watched Descipiciple Me 2 in French at the movie day for French class and I didn't understand it much. However, I found the humans much more interesting than the minions.

Glitchy said:
I did like Desciciple Me, and I only half watched Descipiciple Me 2 in French at the movie day for French class and I didn't understand it much. However, I found the humans much more interesting than the minions.
Khav0fL.png

I'm sorry, I had to.

I really just...I've been done with Minions for such a long time. I'm so glad that Tumblr like has a universal hate for the Minions as well.

I mean, even Snapchat for Fourth of July had a Minions backdrop. I love my one friend who especially hates minions and their snapchat whenever they see one is how much they hate it.

They were cute at first, and a bit funny, but they weren't that interesting. And then of course they pushed those cyclop twinkies into everything they can, and they just aren't that appealing. Like, at least Let it Go being sung every time the song pops up is annoying, but at least the song is fantastic that it only irritates slightly. The minions though just feel like a forced meme that just won't go away.

I went to McDonald's (I know, I don't wanna hear it) yesterday and all the crew were wearing Minion hats. I was talking to the cashier while I was waiting on my food and she told me she was so embarrassed by having to wear it.

I didn't see the movie so I can't say it's good or bad, but it starts to be annoying to see this movie overly advertised everywhere.

Lapis Lazuli said:
I really just...I've been done with Minions for such a long time. I'm so glad that Tumblr like has a universal hate for the Minions as well.

I mean, even Snapchat for Fourth of July had a Minions backdrop. I love my one friend who especially hates minions and their snapchat whenever they see one is how much they hate it.

They were cute at first, and a bit funny, but they weren't that interesting. And then of course they pushed those cyclop twinkies into everything they can, and they just aren't that appealing. Like, at least Let it Go being sung every time the song pops up is annoying, but at least the song is fantastic that it only irritates slightly. The minions though just feel like a forced meme that just won't go away.
^all of this.

Like I love the Despicable Me movies. Thought the first one was gr8. The second one was even better. Only thing that could make the movies better: get rid of the minions. And what did they just have to do: make this movie. I don't understand the appeal for them in the slightest.

It might seem crazy what I'm bout to say
But it seems the Minions are here to stay
When I see them the smile's wiped from my face
And I say to myself, "What a fucking disgrace!"

They are so crappy
Clap along if the Minions are loved
And you have no idea why

They are so crappy
Clap along if the minions are loved
But you want all of them to die

They are so crappy
Clap along if there's no escape
From the Minion phenomenon

They are so crappy
Clap along if the Minions are loved
But you wish that they were gone
But honestly, I'm fine with the Minions. I probably will see the movie.

Nabber said:
i don't think ive ever heard anyone say the second was better than the first
The academy apparently thinks so.

The second one, unlike the first, was nominated for Best Animated Feature.

The minions voices get really annoying. I may not watch this because it takes out what I like about the Despicible Me movies and only features the silly minions.

Isn't this a spin-off that involves putting the comic relief in the spotlight? Tell me when was the last time a move like this worked?

Back