Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Cirdec

Celestial Guide
New Metroid game on 3DS, you control soldiers from the federation, it's a co-op multiplayer, with the game Blast Ball shown at Nintendo World Championships. Discuss about that game.

Re: Metroid Prime Federation Force

Let's get this game with space and guns and robots and put Metroid on the title, it'll sell millions!

No Nintendo, no.

You'd think after Other M, they don't have much to live up to.

This was a bit disappointing...

I see a common theme with Nintendo's Digital Event this year. We got some of the stuff we wanted (Animal Crossing Wii U, new Paper Mario, Metroid (Prime)), but not in the forms we really wanted (Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, this).

Man fuck this game.

another great series hitting the shitter
atleast paper mario kind of got revived?

I feel like I am the only one here who likes this Metroid game. This is multiplayer with Metroid Prime gameplay and mechanics, just saw the footage from Treehouse, it feels good with fair difficulty. Samus was not shown, but maybe she will be in the final game. Only the graphics could be a bit better.

Haruhi Suzumiya said:
another great series hitting the shitter
atleast paper mario kind of got revived?

i kinda got this feeling that theyre basing paper mario representation in that game solely from sticker star, but tbh, since its mainly a mario & luigi game idec

why is there a new metroid game

please cancel this

metroid has no hope anymore

just put the series down

nintendo were knowing giving the middle finger to all metroid fans when this was announced

did you really have to slap metroid onto this never mind metroid prime? this isn't metroid, it's a generic co-op first person shooter

I feel they did this because they didn't want to make another Metroid game, but because everyone wanted them to, they were just like "fuck it" and made this.

Aren't they also working on some 2d metroid thing as well

Alright. I've calmed down a bit, because I was absolutely fucking pissed earlier. Yeah, they slapped Metroid on a game that had no business being part of the series. I have a feeling this is just something to tide things over though, and that an actual Metroid title is in development but not at a stage with anything worth showing. If nothing else, at least an attempt to put Other M out of everyone's minds.

That said, if I'm wrong, I'm going to start a riot.

This is also being made by next level games, the company behind Mario Strikers and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. They were both good games so why would they ruin their good reputation by deciding that they were going to piss off Metroid fans and create this.

Not only did this destroy hope for a new Metroid but also a new Mario Strickers.

Lucina said:
This is also being made by next level games, the company behind Mario Strikers and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. They were both good games so why would they ruin their good reputation by deciding that they were going to piss off Metroid fans and create this.

Not only did this destroy hope for a new Metroid but also a new Mario Strickers.

it's possible that it was a new ip and nintendo turned it into a metroid ip

There were proofs (concept arts, etc) of Next Level pitching a Metroid game wayyyy before this got announced.

I suppose the game has a chance of being Not Awful on its own, but when the previous game in the franchise is 5-years old and hugely controversial, you don't follow it up with... that.

as a metroid fan i am freaking disgusted.

I guess prime 3 really was the last good metroid game.

Oh well at least i have am2r :>

Ganondorf said:
Are me and Raven the only ones who remember this? I hate this as much as anyone, but this is a spinoff. It's not the next big Metroid game, it's not replacing an actual Prime 4. Fuck this game, but I doubt the series is dead.

Ephraim said:
Ganondorf said:
Are me and Raven the only ones who remember this? I hate this as much as anyone, but this is a spinoff. It's not the next big Metroid game, it's not replacing an actual Prime 4. Fuck this game, but I doubt the series is dead.

id say metroid dread but otherwise i dont know

tell me more

Back