Games that you hardly enjoyed or just didn't enjoy that much.

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
This is a thread to talk about games that you hardly enjoyed or just didn't enjoy too much, or even games that you didn't like too much.

First on my list is Super Mario 3D World.

I didn't enjoy the game as much. I felt that it was way too linear and it didn't had that exploration factor like the Galaxy games. It wasn't as fun as the Galaxy games. I prefer the Galaxy games over 3D World. It didn't had that magnum opus charm like the Galaxy games. It just wasn't that enjoyable for me.

Heck I've enjoyed Castlevania: Lament of Innocence and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness and even the Galaxy games far more than 3D World.

The second on my list is New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

I found the controls sometimes to be a little ackward which takes away from my enjoyability.

Wind Wa-

okay everybody knows about that.

Else, pretty much only Bioshock. I thought the twist was predictable and not as good as everyone says it is, and the overall game design didn't appeal to me at all (theres a feature on disappointing games made by a german tv show and they talk excessively about bioshock and basically i agree with everything they say).

Then again I didn't really play that much of the game, but I saw most things either first hand or on youtube.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 was pretty eh imo. Aside from the gold flower, it just felt like NSMBW too much, but with different (i.e: less interesting) levels.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team. It has it's moments, but 95% of the game was so boring. It also had one of the worst gameplay I have ever played. I don't really know how I managed to beat it.

The one game I always cite as not living up to my expectations and being incredibly lackluster, in my opinion, is Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm not sure why, but I don't enjoy the game as much as other people do. The characters are honestly forgettable, a lot of the chapters feel meh with no plot (especially the early chapters, omg I got so mad at like chapter 6 or something), the music is sub-par... like it's not a bad game by any means, I don't hate it and I don't mind playing it, but I don't absolutely love it like I do Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

The Legend of Zelda (NES)

yeah i couldn't get into it, after like the second dungeon I completely lost interest and haven't touched it since. Links Awakening DX is the same, every time I return to it I only make a bit of progress before getting bored.

I love Ocarina of Time to death though.

Yoshi's New Island, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart Wii, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

I've already talked about the former and latter two several times, but for Animal Crossing I'm just not a fan of the simulation genre in general and find the series rather dull. I could've sworn there were a bunch of other games but they're slipping my mind atm.

Eri Ayase said:
*no sticker star*
Oh hey so you enjoyed that game. Nice.

Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land

Now, don't get me wrong here. I'm sure it's not a bad game. The thing is, it's not interesting enough in things for me. It's Kirby's Adventure, so the abilities have literally only one move(barring a very selected few) and many of them are so bad ugh. The size proportion of things feels just awful(maybe because it's a NES title remade in GBA, but whatever), and the music is okay. Extra Mode feels just lazy. Kirby's Dream Land handled Extra Mode better than Nightmare did(unsure about Adventure), and it was literally the first title. KDL had different enemy and boss patterns and challenged you without cutting your HP. KNiDL merely cuts your health in half. Maybe I would be able to appreciate it more if I hadn't played Super Star Ultra first, but meh.

2257 said:
well metroid other m is my least favorite game ever

i swear if i had a wii development kit id just make a hack which removes adam and the game will be 20 times better

yes imo hes the only issue

Super Mario ---ing Galaxy 2

if you think so

i only really had an issue with the story, i thought the gameplay was okay and the bossfights were cool

+the intro, which is literally the best part about the game, cant deny that.

Eri Ayase said:
2257 said:
well metroid other m is my least favorite game ever

i swear if i had a wii development kit id just make a hack which removes adam and the game will be 20 times better

yes imo hes the only issue

I don't think even the source sdk alone will solve that

Eri Ayase said:
Baby Luigi said:
I don't think even the source sdk alone will solve that

you could replace adam with some funny character model so you at least have a good laugh

like a giant Wario ass?

It depends whether the cutscene is pre-rendered or not (and even so, the game would probably use .thp files for pre-rendered scenes in which you can replace with something stupid)

Other M doesn't deserve to be mentioned in this thread because this thread is the "games you hardly enjoyed or didn't enjoy much" thread which would imply you enjoyed Other M even just a little bit.

And I find it amusing that you're whining about it

Win-win

I'd cringe

Of course, it probably won't happen to Link since y'know, incompetently written things would portray the woman needing to be dependent on the guy. I think it would more be like Impa needing authorization from Link.

Animal Crossing

I just cannot get into it, feels limited bland and a game you feel forced to play because of structure but it lacks excitement something I need when a play a video game.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

This game felt like a chore to play and got very boring since the game was not engaging because there was no story to follow something that brought enjoyment in the past games.

Super Monkey Ball: Step and Roll

The amount of fun I had was very little, it's hard to talk about this game because it's really shallow. It just had really uncreative level design and it's courses contained little excitement as a result. Perhaps the worst crime this game commits this being forced to watch a credits scene after every stage which pulls you out of the excitement.

I always found Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon pretty meh. I liked it enough, reclassing was a good feature to introduce, but it felt really bare bones. I guess bringing the series back to its roots was kind of the point, but it still felt too stripped down in comparison to other games, especially in terms of characters. I couldn't really get attached to any of my units and almost all of them ended up as faceless drones, and that's without getting to the point that the game gives you literal faceless drones.

Back