problem with inserting games in a ps2

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
I don't know if the mariowiki forum has a major techie population or whatever, but hey, what can I lose (other than the time spent writing this, I guess).

I own a Playstation 2 slim (scph-7500 model), and for some reason, the DVD-based games don't "snap in" easily on the spindle; I have to apply some pressure on the three plastic clips so that they lock properly into place and keep the disc stable. However, my CD (blue) games don't have this problem and can be inserted and removed without any trouble. Does anyone know of a permanent fix to this irritant?

I don't have a fix but I searched up the physical differences between a Blu Ray DVD and a regular DVD is that the Blu Ray's protective layer is thinner so it's possible that the plastic clips deformed over time to snap in the thinner Blu Ray but not the fatter DVD. That's just a theory though.

i have the same problem since years, but more importantly

does the ps2 fail at loading everything all 5 minutes like mine does? its not really a problem since with stuff like ff10 i can just open the disc tray and close it again and it will reload but still

because i think it got something to do with the cover not being able to properly snap in.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't have a fix but I searched up the physical differences between a Blu Ray DVD and a regular DVD is that the Blu Ray's protective layer is thinner so it's possible that the plastic clips deformed over time to snap in the thinner Blu Ray but not the fatter DVD. That's just a theory though.

It's a PS2 so I'd be very surprised if anyone tried to get it to read blu-rays. I said CD (blue), because cd-rom games on the Playstation 2 are... blue.

CDs are thinners than DVDs, so I guess your theory could apply... but doing searches, I've only ever found one other guy who had the exact same issue as me.

does the ps2 fail at loading everything all 5 minutes like mine does?

No.

I don't know if Sony does tech support for their PS2 anymore so I don't know if you can call their tech support for any questions.

Back