JBX9001's Art Gallery

I will start another art thread soon; which of these would you like to see next?

• An old comic I made back in 2011 (Is hand-drawn, black & white, and on notebook paper, FYI)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JBX9001

IT'S-A GO TIME, MO' FO'S!
Yeah, I'm a new face here on Super Mario Boards, so just to make my presence known around here, I figured I'd start a little topic thread! I'm pretty good at drawing, so I'll share some of my digital artwork with you guys! I'll start with something on-topic and post some Mario pictures. Let me know what you guys think, and if I see a lot of feedback, I'll upload some more! If you're impressed with my art, you can see all of what I've drawn so far on my DeviantArt page!

51c047fad04b625a210e08f887fea0b5-d72xb8q.png

luigi__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d7bl2ke.png

yoshi__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d7bmwe8.png

donkey_kong__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d7wrukh.png

princess_peach__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d7xr9iy.png

bowser__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d81m9pc.png

dr__mario__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d84ga7j.png

wario__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d75mfyk.png

diddy_kong__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d8hgnl7.png

rosalina___luma__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d8hiizk.png

bowser_jr___jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d862yeg.png

Thank you! Yeah, it's a lot harder to draw on the computer than by hand. It took a lot of practice to make my drawings look the way they do!

Indeed they were! The pictures usually take a while in MS Paint, but all the hard work really pays off, and I find myself improving with almost each new drawing!

Thanks guys, that means a lot! ;D Yeah, it's pretty rare to find someone who knows how to use MS Paint effectively. I think the main reason so many pictures that use that program are bad is because people try to draw the entire picture with the pencil tool (which I wouldn't recommend, especially if you're using a mouse), when the line and shape tools do a better job of constructing the character or object being drawn. Another common mistake I've seen is when people try to color in the drawing [again using only the pencil or paintbrush tool], but it ends up outside the lines and looking sloppy, when they could just use the paint bucket tool to make it easier.

JBX9001 said:
Yeah, I'm a new face here on Super Mario Boards, so just to make my presence known around here, I figured I'd start a little topic thread! I'm pretty good at drawing, so I'll share some of my digital artwork with you guys! I'll start with something on-topic and post some Mario pictures. Let me know what you guys think, and if I see a lot of feedback, I'll upload some more! If you're impressed with my art, you can see all of what I've drawn so far on my DeviantArt page!

51c047fad04b625a210e08f887fea0b5-d72xb8q.png

luigi__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d7bl2ke.png

yoshi__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d7bmwe8.png

donkey_kong__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d7wrukh.png

princess_peach__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d7xr9iy.png

bowser__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d81m9pc.png

dr__mario__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d84ga7j.png

wario__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d75mfyk.png

diddy_kong__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d8hgnl7.png

rosalina___luma__jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d8hiizk.png

bowser_jr___jbx9001__by_jbx9001-d862yeg.png
Nice work!, i really love them

Well thank you very much! I'm glad you think so!

I like drawing stuff in MS Paint. MS Paint is actually the to-go program for me when it comes to basic sprite editing, so don't diss it. That being said, your drawings are cute. Did you trace it from existing artwork? It seems like you did.

Mario Party Σ said:
I like drawing stuff in MS Paint. MS Paint is actually the to-go program for me when it comes to basic sprite editing, so don't diss it. That being said, your drawings are cute. Did you trace it from existing artwork? It seems like you did.

Actually, I didn't trace these; I came up with the poses myself (though the fact that you assumed it was based on official artwork is good news to me, because I try really hard to make it look that way). However, I do have an official artwork of the character put on the side of the drawing while I'm working on it to use the proper colors and get certain features accurate!

mspaintadventures.com?

I'm not familiar with that one...

JBX9001 said:
Mario Party Σ said:

Actually, I didn't trace these; I came up with the poses myself (though the fact that you assumed it was based on official artwork is good news to me, because I try really hard to make it look that way). However, I do have an official artwork of the character put on the side of the drawing while I'm working on it to use the proper colors and get certain features accurate!
Well, it's just that the pose seems familiar, similar to official art.

I guess this is sort of like training wheels? You think you'll be confident enough to draw it without the aid of official artwork?

Mario Party Σ said:
Well, it's just that the pose seems familiar, similar to official art.

I guess this is sort of like training wheels? You think you'll be confident enough to draw it without the aid of official artwork?

Well, I usually only have to do that if it's my first time drawing the character; some pictures here are older than others. After I've drawn that character one time, I can pretty much draw them again without needing the official artwork to help!

The Janitor said:
ever heard of homestuck?

Not quite; what's it about?

The Janitor said:
a lot of weird *bleep*

Ah... That's concerning... I tend to stay away from weird stuff, because when it comes to the Internet, it is HIGHLY recommended to stick with what you're familiar with (or maybe I'm just too paranoid of having my eyes catch on fire from seeing something extremely creepy and beyond rational reasoning).

Back