Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
HRNXnmq.png

This is my first attempt at completely custom sprite work. Let me know what you think, and I'll post any more sprites that I make in the future.

What kind of style are you going for?

I started out with Mario & Luigi Dream Team in mind, but obviously it looks nothing like that. I suppose I just started going without trying to emulate any particular style. I know it would probably look far worse if I was trying to make it look like something existing.

However, I did try the Superstar Saga style on a smaller character, Stanley (my previous theme).

stanley__superstar_saga_style_by_fawfulthegreat64-d8hnyyg.png

Well, it's not impossible to make it look like something existing. Heck, my sister attempted Fairy Oddparents in a Paper Mario style one time. And she did Baby Mario and Baby Luigi Paper Mario styled as well.

I think the Stanley one should be angled downward just a tad more since it's an overhead sprite.

Thanks, and I tried to make Stanley in the Dream Team style, but he turned out too big. Almost as big as Bowser. I suppose that's what I get for not using a reference sprite when making it. And also for using a part of Antasma's face as a base...

On the flipside, I tried out the Paper Mario (TTYD - Sticker Star) sprite style, only in HD to reflect the beautiful work shown in the SSB4 trophies.

My first project was to turn Nastasia into an HD sheet, which I believe worked out wonderfully, here you go:
Ye1Fzx4.png

The problem I'm facing is that most of Wittgenstein's surfaces are flat, and I'm lost as to how to go about shading that. After all I'm relatively new to spriting in general.Currently in progress: HD Count Bleck sheet

Back