Same sex marriage

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
So the United States Supreme Court is going to decide on whether letting states keep a ban on same sex marriage is unconstitutional or not.

Discuss here.

Magikrazy said:
So the United States Supreme Court is going to decide on whether letting states keep a ban on same sex marriage is unconstitutional or not.

Discuss here.
They should take off the ban. I may not like it, but it is a free country, right?

please lift ban

the christians that are super against gay marriage should know that god wants you to treat everyone like equals so you should let them have their rights or something, I'm non-religious so I don't even know

((also I want gay rights all across america mainly because I'm bi so whatever))

Gonna make a post and split outta hear before any drama, but let me say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with same sex marriages and I fully support the legality of it.

What is there to discuss? Whether I'm allowed to marry the person I love should be dictated by dated interpretations of a religious book rather than basic human rights?

It's 2015, get with it. The most this topic will be is a honey trap for kids who've been told what to think and haven't had the chance to become real people yet, so I guess let's just sit back and start 2015 by seeing who's still a homophobe.

As for a post that's not quite as bitter, the fact that the Supreme Court took this up is a gigantic step, and without a doubt it will pass--probably 5-4, but it'll pass. I just hope that things don't stop here and people say "well ya got marriage now, what else do you want?" idk perhaps less discrimination and general homphobia, just like how women's suffrage stopped unequal pay and the civil right's movement stopped racism.

Clunk said:
I was going to make this topic. Oh well.

Anyways, don't really want to force my opinions down other's throat, but this should get passed, and anyone opposing it are idiots.
Have you seen anyone here oppose it yet?

They'll come eventually, saying this:
[quote author=somebody]
No.
*Brainwashes people to think blah blah blah*
Feel better?
[/quote]

I may be a Christian, but even I believe that people should be able to marry whoever they want. I mean it's not like murder or something like that (also I'm straight but I see a lot of perspectives)

Meta Knight said:
I may be a Christian, but even I believe that people should be able to marry whoever they want. I mean it's not like murder or something like that (also I'm straight but I see a lot of perspectives)
Don't worry. I'm straight too (Zae doesn't know how to help me with my girlfriend.).

Derpl Zork said:
The most this topic will be is a honey trap for kids who've been told what to think and haven't had the chance to become real people yet, so I guess let's just sit back and start 2015 by seeing who's still a homophobe.
THIS

K, so.... I was raised Christian, but I think I'm done bashing gays and bisexuals. In fact I'm not sure it's even wrong, you can love whoever you want. I've identified as straight pretty much my whole life, but in recent months I've... well, been slightly attracted to a few boys. So I guess that makes me bisexual (even though I am not ready to even consider dating anyone except my ex-girlfriend right now)

I've never told anyone about this, and there's a 99.9% chance that if I end up marrying anyone, it'll be a girl, but I'd be lying if I said I never found any males attractive.

...Could this be moved to mindless junk, by any chance? I-I'm not sure if I want the public to see this post. If my mother found out about this she'd probably disown me or something. I was raised to be against same-sex relationships but I just don't know.

I guess this thread wasn't the best idea.

I felt we needed to talk about this, but Anton is right.

One person will eventually take the unpopular opinion and we'll all yell at him for being homophobic, this thread will be locked, and someone will be banned.

Better to lock it now.

it doesn't need to be locked if you're going by my post, it was just basically an inb4

who knows, maybe the general community here can be mature enough to have decent conversations on this and share news and updates

it's 2015, it's a new age

Stanley the Troll said:
I-I'm not sure if I want the public to see this post. If my mother found out about this she'd probably disown me or something. I was raised to be against same-sex relationships but I just don't know.
My opinion with things like this: Just fuck them. Like I was raised in the same family. Their heinous views never affected by because I didn't allow them to. My parents knew my views on same-sex marriage and all that and they hate me for it. And I hate them for mutual reasons. I am sure I will do something that will legitimately have my parents wanting to disown me because of something LGBT, but I don't care and I tell them I don't care. It's literally the only times I have ever stood up for myself.

Magikrazy said:
I guess this thread wasn't the best idea.

I felt we needed to talk about this, but Anton is right.

One person will eventually take the unpopular opinion and we'll all yell at him for being homophobic, this thread will be locked, and someone will be banned.

Better to lock it now.
I can't really tell if you are being serious.

Stanley the Troll said:
...Could this be moved to mindless junk, by any chance? I-I'm not sure if I want the public to see this post. If my mother found out about this she'd probably disown me or something. I was raised to be against same-sex relationships but I just don't know.
well chances are she won't

if she's even interested in this site for starters, chances of her choosing this account out of all the others is unlikely

She could probably figure it out. How many people would be willing to have TiCP themes?

ftg, you should probably delete or change your post if you're that worried.

run 4 teh hillz b/c this'll somehow end America

Back