The Offical Meme Thread

I'm surprised this thread wasn't made by Fat Mario.

memes suck

especially nowadays where a vast majority of them start, become hugely popular, and then die all within a week.

and let's not forget how so many of them are marketed in real life too.

i literally cringe when i see people reference them in real life or on tv >_>

that being said, i do still get a kick out of ayy lmao, rustling jimmies, and HE HAS NO STYLE. HE HAS NO GRACE. THIS KONG HAS A FUNNY FACE.

Actually, now that I think about it, local memes are better than big ones.

You know like one that's really only on a certain community, they have more of a charm.

My personal favorite is this:

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Mega Gallade said:
I'm surprised this thread wasn't made by Fat Mario.
Oh, did you mention me? It's been one of those days... C'mon Luigi!

Fad is just one letter away from fade. Which applies to a whole lot of memes.

I do like the Barrel Roll one though, several of the Spongebob ones, and that Fairly Oddparents one (the trophy one with Timmy's dad).

But for the most part, they're unfunny from the moment they're conceived.

Aiko Heiwa said:

You know like one that's really only on a certain community, they have more of a charm.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
What did Square Enix do exactly?

Aiko Heiwa said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an *bleep*. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

Whoa whoa whoa. There was actually *bleep*ing in FFXIII?

Aiko Heiwa said:

i lol'd

Magikrazy said:
Aiko Heiwa said:

Can't you read?

They released FFXIII to the 360.

They shot themselves in the foot.

its kinda hilarious how microsoft fanboys went nuts when they ported ME2 to the ps3.

Toy Chica said:
life cycle of a meme:
  • meme created
  • meme thought of as funny
  • meme used so much its no longer funny
  • companies find out about meme
  • meme used in mainstream media
  • optional: we all cringe
relevant

at least they pronounced it meem and not me-me

Aiko Heiwa said:
Magikrazy said:
Aiko Heiwa said:

Can't you read?

They released FFXIII to the 360.

They shot themselves in the foot.
The way you were talking about being ashamed and people being outraged I thought the CEO of Square was part of some pyramid scheme or something.

This is the only Fairly Oddparents meme that I really know of

0149f3c3306cc271a7907059fa47e125edf246fecf298c2981f55154e4e4adee.jpg

Back