Can you help me find this?

Zach

Goomba
Hey guys! I always check the Peach artwork page on here just to see if there is any new stuff I haven't seen and I came across this one today:
Peach_mermaid_scan.png

After I recovered from my heart attack (i love peach and i love mermaids!) I desperately tried to find the full image it came from. Can y'all help me out? I had to join here because I was at my wit's end!
Thanks in advance!

The uploader says it's from "a poster". You could ask him where he got the source image.

I'm skeptical whether this is fan-made or not

a quick image search shows four different deviantart pages

of course this isnt the full image so

According to the user, someone got it from Hot Topic. Hot Topic does have a knack of selling T-shirts WITH official art on them, but again, this could be taken from a well-made fan render.

Needs Mario, Luigi, Waluigi, and Wario as mermen, lel.

Someone uploaded the full one and even tagged it as "official", without telling us the source of the thing.

What the hell.

Dr. Mario's Drunken Holiday Elixir said:
Someone uploaded the full one and even tagged it as "official", without telling us the source of the thing.

What the hell.
It's not really full, since they cut off a bit of Peach's fin.

I think I got an answer to this 'where the poster came from' mystery.

At first, I tried searching "princess peach mermaid poster" (minus quotes), but all I got was this. So I tried image searching the full poster image, and managed to track the image down to someone's DA page. And then I saw these comments on the image:

Random person #1 said:
Did you get this from the Wiki site? I'm trying to find the original - this seems to have been reposted by several deviants. (It's no problem that you reposted it if you're not the owner; just trying to find the full size image.)
Random person #2 said:
This one appears to be the largest size on the internet at the moment. At least, it's the largest size that Google Images found for me.
Random person #1 (again) said:
Yes, it's starting to look that way. I'm reading sources that say it's a poster from Nintendo, but I'm starting to guess it's from an anonymous artist who was only representing that the characters are owned by Nintendo, not the complete image.
Still, if it was official, it makes someone wonder.

And then I say this:
me said:
Funny that you mention whether it's official or not, because some of us over at the Mario Wiki are trying to figure this out on our forums. Most of us think it's fanart, others think it's official....

About an hour later, I get this reply:
Another random person said:
OK. It was got from hottopics.com, and is believed to be 2nd party art. As far as I know, the product came with the nintendo seal, anyways...I am just impressed how this got so popular and so fast o.o

I think that helps solve this in one sense or another, anyways...

EDIT: The first person replied:

Random Person #1 said:
I've never seen any Mario mermaids other than the ones I see in fan art; the source cites it as a Nintendo poster but unless it's for an upcoming game where they find a Siren Mushroom or something it must be fan art.

Back