3DS will not connect to wifi

Stargazing

Retired.
Pronouns
They/them
My school uses a "Username: Password:" sort of password system. Whenever I type both in, it will not work. Is it flat out not supported?

And, for the record, my 3DS has the latest system update.

Use LAN to router or somekind then connect to 3DS. My college use two way, MAC address registration or username/password. But my college also offer LAN so I connect Ethernet cable to my Mac then open bridge for 3DS to get WiFi from Mac.

The router is in the ceiling, and I don't know how to LAN to router or whatever in the first place.

Super Saiyan Shy Guy said:
LAN are also attached to the wall which lead to the router, if not, plug LAN to the router
Well, there's numbers beside the stickers that symbolizes where it is, but I sure as hell can't read them.

On the wall, you will see white and blue plug, one of them work and other do not. My college use blue plug area for LAN while my home is for white area. Just try randomly plugging it in and let your computer detect it.

On the wall, you will see white and blue plug
... Oh, that's how you think it works. No, it doesn't. All the cords and whatnot, are in the actual ceiling, with no way for me to plug them in.

So, no, there are no white and blue plugs.

Weird but you can buy a long Ethernet cable to plug it in
No. It is in the ceiling and most of the cords are probably fastened into the walls, leaving no way for me to plug them in.

And, I'm broke, so.

Snowzomi Mistletoujou said:
My school uses a "Username: Password:" sort of password system. Whenever I type both in, it will not work. Is it flat out not supported?

Are you having trouble connecting your 3DS with the router? Or is your 3DS already connected to the router and you're having trouble connecting to the internet?

Vocal Beat said:
Snowzomi Mistletoujou said:

Are you having trouble connecting your 3DS with the router? Or is your 3DS already connected to the router and you're having trouble connecting to the internet?
What happens is that I type in the Username and Password the best I can, and it proceeds to do a connection test which doesn't work.

Maybe it could be SSID/password or username/password?
Maybe.

Also, I love how everyone starts responding when I'm on Christmas break and will not get access to the school's wifi (or even go to school) for 2 weeks.

SSID and user/password is very different thing, SSID is WiFI's name and you click on SSID, it show password or username/password.

I'm forced to bump this by saying it still won't connect and I still need help.

do you need to confirm something or accept some type of terms
try opening up the internet app after it says connection failed (like make ur school wifi the default one or something), and see if that pops up with anything
when i connected my phone to my high school's wifi i couldnt actually start using the internet freely until after accepting some type of license thing
idk how itd work for 3ds but id guess itd be something similar

Back