The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

my friend saw this and said it was amazing

but she loves the hunger games so she's rather biased

i was really interested in seeing this because i loved catching fire but some people have been saying this movie was kinda dull... so i'm not sure if i want to see it in theaters anymore

Nabber said:

i was really interested in seeing this because i loved catching fire but some people have been saying this movie was kinda dull... so i'm not sure if i want to see it in theaters anymore
^^^^^^

Honestly think it's better than Catching Fire (and I loved Catching Fire) but that's coming from a die-hard fan so...

Nabber said:

Well the book Mockingjay was kinda dull compared to Catching Fire, so I can see the movies mirroring. Plus there is the whole "Must extend the movie to a full length and have enough of the book be left to make a second part to get more money" conncept. I except unnesicary extension (and maybe addition) of scenes.

DragonFreak said:
Nabber said:

Well the book Mockingjay was kinda dull compared to Catching Fire, so I can see the movies mirroring. Plus there is the whole "Must extend the movie to a full length and have enough of the book be left to make a second part to get more money" conncept. I except unnesicary extension (and maybe addition) of scenes.
There honestly wasn't that much added scenes and it was still a good lengthed movie.

And the book itself is longer compared to the first two anyway.

That's because it was a really stupid idea to split it up into two parts. The first part of the book is really fucking dull, and the second part is "omgus intense death explosions" and shit like that. It's crazy why they chose to do that.

I'm seeing it tomorrow. Don't worry, I've read the books so I know what happens anyways.

EDIT: The book overall was duller than the first two, but the second part is way more intense than the first.

Back