There should be a 3D/2D Mario platformer hybrid in the way of Mega Man X7

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
There should be a Mario platformer that should be a 2D/3D hybrid like Mega Man X7.

I know, I know there is Super Mario Galaxy 2 which has it in minor spots and Super Paper Mario.

But I want a main series Mario platformer that emphasizes more about the 2D to 3D gameplay transition switches like Mega Man X7. It should be a main series platformer with the elements of Mario 64, Sunshine and the two Galaxies. It should be focused on both 2D and 3D like Mega Man X7 and have switches in all of the levels. It should be like Mega Man X7 with the bar that switches from 2D to 3D like X7. It should have a team system where you can have Mario characters switch with a press of a button like Mega Man X7. For instance if the player has Mario and Peach on their team, they can alternate with one button for strategic boss fights.

This platformer should be called Super Mario Dimensions.

Here is a example of the type of gameplay that I am expecting from Super Mario Dimensions:

Is my idea of this type of a Mario platformer a good idea if it doesn't turn out to be as bad as X7?

I'm pretty sure 3D Land counts, though technically the 2D segments are just 3D segments in a narrow hallway.

Also Bowser's Inside Story has the transition from the 2D segments inside Bowser to the larger 3D overworld, though that's probably not what you're looking for either.

Back