Post where you're from to help me with this project

Lin Beifong

Iron Chief
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
So over at Userpedia, I am cobbling together a new navigation template. Its purpose is to list users and sort them by where they live. However, I have been advised that adding every country in existence is a really dumb idea, so I'm just going to add countries that are needed for now, and then the template can be expanded when the need arises later.

However, I'd like the template to be in a more presentable state before throwing it onto main space, and for that I need information. That's where you come in.

If you want to be listed on that template, just make a post here that clarifies what continent you live on, what country you live in, and if you're from the US please also share the name of the state you call home. Be aware that people can see that information publicly.

Once the template is ported onto public editing space, it can be edited by anyone, so you can also put your info down later if you wish. I just want to integrate a few names and create tables for the most relevant countries before that happens.

Me? Since Canada is so big, I may as well state whereabouts I live to.

I live in Ontario, Canada, in a small city around 15-20 minutes from Toronto.

Lakituthequick said:
Duke Devlin said:
Europe
England
Also, as far as I'm aware, England is a province(?) of Great Britain, to clarify.
Great Britain isn't really a country though. It's a unification of countries.

Stargazing said:
Me? Since Canada is so big, I may as well state whereabouts I live to.

I live in Ontario, Canada, in a small city around 15-20 minutes from Toronto.

I have no idea of American geography at all. If there are enough Canadians all living in different parts of the country, I guess it could be split like the USA.

Gabumon said:
I have no idea of American geography at all. If there are enough Canadians all living in different parts of the country, I guess it could be split like the USA.
Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories. Walkazo and I live in Ontario and I know TFP lives in British Columbia, but that's about all I know.
I think Glitchy also lives in Ontario.

The provinces are kind of like bigger states, by the way. Not too sure myself on why they're called provinces, but eh.

Stargazing said:
The provinces are kind of like bigger states, by the way. Not too sure myself on why they're called provinces, but eh.
any collection of counties is called a province in most places
*cough*bloody yanks*cough*
it's the same here

Javelin said:
sometimes i swear you do this pointless correction thing on purpose
Well of course it's on purpose. I'm sorry for trying to be helpful and avoiding misunderstandings, hope you didn't break bones because of it.

Sometimes I swear you always pick me for that nonsense.

Duke Devlin said:
Great Britain isn't really a country though. It's a unification of countries.
The British Isles are pretty confusing. I looked it up again, appears that Great Britain is the largest island of the bunch, the UK is a country of countries of which England is one.

Back