Saddest endings

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Obviously what the topic says.

spoilers are obligatory.

I legit cried at the end of wind waker... just the king of hyrule sacrificing himself... damn that's deep.

Super Mario Galaxy.

Though Wind Waker comes close too.

after thinking about it, i decided that bioshock infinite's ending was pretty sad but in a way where you were still happy it happened

hard to explain (like the ending lol)

also yeah wind waker did a pretty good job of everything, including the ending

I would say Sonic Adventure 2. If it weren't for the fact that the Shadow the Hedgehog game kinda ruined it.

Donatello said:
Didn't his return in Heroes kind of do that already?

In Heroes, it was still kinda unclear if the Shadow in that game was the real Shadow in SA2 especially when we see Shadow see a destroyed Shadow bot during Team Dark's story. Rouge even says that the Shadow that they had with them was a Robot to Omega. Having the Shadow in Heroes and beyond not actually being the original Shadow could of actually been a clever way to bring Shadow back without entirely ruining what was a pretty meaningful ending to SA2.

But NOPE, instead the Shadow game handwaves all that with a random quote from Eggman that says that Eggman's Robots saved Shadow as he fell towards the earth somehow. Basically saying that Heroes Shadow really is the same Shadow from SA2.

Seto Kaiba said:
Mother 3, because of everything leading up to it and I cant play through it or watch it without crying. Even though it is kinda sorta forced to be sad, it's still super effective towards.

Please, even the music you begin bawling.

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
Drawn to Life 2

what

what the *bleep*
omg I played that one.

Dang ass kids and their imaginary characters that come to life. IN A COMA INDUCED DREAM BECAUSE OF A CAR ACCIDENT BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING

Pokemon mystery dungeon.

Admit it. You found that one sad too. don't lie to me, dangit.

Olivia said:
Pokemon mystery dungeon.

Admit it. You found that one sad too. don't lie to me, dangit.

The ending to the first one?

I thought it was kinda stupid

Out of all the games i've beaten the two games that have the saddest endings were Fire Emblem: Awakening (depending on your decision) and Professor Layton and the Lost Future. Both games ending are just tear dropping beyond belief.

I honestly didn't find Wind Waker to be that sad actually but that's mostly because the characters that I found to care about the most ended pretty happily for them.

any ending besides the bad ending in tales of symphonia 2.

As far as sad endings are concerned, I'd have to say Zero's in Mega Man X5. It's the music that really does the trick.

Fire Emblem: Awakening and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

SolarBlaze said:
As far as sad endings are concerned, I'd have to say Zero's in Mega Man X5. It's the music that really does the trick.

from what i remember mmx5 was a very sad and dark game in general.

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Twilight Princess when you thought that Midna was killed, and then Midna leaving forever. You're just like "but I shipped you, you must stay with Link!"

Skyward Sword was probably a bit worse because Fi left (my heart was like "oh"), but then while you're already down, they kick you more by revealing the old lady as Impa from the present and then she passes away in front of you and you're just like *sob*.

Super Mario Galaxy

I was pretty teary when I saw Luma from your hat wave by to you and everything is being sucked up into a black hole, and all the lumas sacrificing themselves just to save the universe. And then Rosalina basically words it right as they are all being reborn, where she says "it's not the same", because you know that you can see the bittersweetness of the moment.

Super Paper Mario

That game ending was so touching because it was probably was of the most climatic endings in the Mario series. I mean, they built it up from the moment you started the game and just the plot ended with such a touching and emotional ending, and while it is happy, it's also very sad because they are gone.

M&L: PiT

I find it really sad watching the Babies say by to their present selfs, just because I knew that the game was over and I was like "no, I just want to play this longer!"

Don't even talk to me about the ending of the Third Professor Layton game
except if Bill Hawks had burned in a fiery pit for being a piece of shit who started everything it would have been a much better ending. However, it still gave me loads of feels

Super Paper Mario and Bowser's Inside Story.

But mostly Super Paper Mario.
The whole Tippi and Count Bleck thing of course, but there's another part that makes me tear up as well. It's the final words of the narrator: "May we meet again in another time and place." Since the next game in the series took a shit on everything good about SPM (and the first two as well) I can't help but tear up when I read that line.

For Bowser's Inside Story,
Even though he was the villain, I can't help but be sad that Fawful died. I mean he was basically the biggest Mario RPG staple there was. Dream Team's ending also kinda stung, since Antasma had the potential to slightly make up for the loss of Fawful yet he got tossed in the garbage in favor of Bowser.

The world ends with you.

I don't know why. I just do.

Mega Man Zero 4 has a pretty badass yet depressing ending.

Zero manages to stop a crazed scientist who wants to crash a space station into the Earth because he wants to wipe out every habitable area except for Neo Arcadia. Before doing so, he spouts "If an enemy gets in my way, I'll cut it down." Cue badass fight music. Zero blows up Raganarok, sacrificing himself in the process. Cut to Earth and we see the Resistance trying to make contact with him to no avail. Ciel, who had clearly been developing feelings for Zero throughout the series, runs out into an open field and cries while pieces of Ragnarok (and Zero) fall to Earth while the credits roll. She pulls one of those "I know you're out there somewhere and I'll find you" speeches afterwards. It then hard cuts to Zero's destroyed helmet. Dead for real this time.

And so it was that Dr. Wily's creation wound up saving the world.

The Walking Dead Season 1 Final Episode: No Time Left
Lee tried to save a 9-year old girl named
Clementine when she gets kidnapped while
in Savannah when they were trying to locate
her Parents. Later on, Lee unfortunatley gets
bit by a walker en route to the Marsh House, The
Kidnapper's Location. Lee ultimately faints
but gets his arm cut off but Christa or Kenny
in order to save him from his infection. Later
on, Lee reaches the Marsh House after Kenny
and Ben's Death and getting seperated by
Christa and Omid. Lee manages to save Clementine
and they disguise themselves as walkers to walk
through a horde...only to find that Clementine's
Parents are walkers
and Lee passes out. In a
Jewlery store, Lee is dying of his infection and
tells Clementine to "Put him out of his misery".
It's up to the player's choice to shoot him or leave
him.

I cried hard at this part...

Back