What Assist Trophy do you want playable in the next Smash?

What Assist Trophy do you want playable in the next Smash?

• Total voters

Duskull

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Realistically I think Takamaru, Waluigi, maybe Knuckle Joe.

Part of me wants Color TV-Game 15 playable though.

Chain Chomp riding on Tingle or nothing.

Shadow, Dark Samus (clone obviously) and Waluigi would be my picks, but they aren't particularly high in priority.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Waluigi so much. He deserved it in this one IMO
just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle

ashley and a few others would be neat, though tbh I'm pretty satisfied with the current roster and selection of assist trophies

I picked Ghirahim, Isabelle and Midna. There was not much else otherwise.

Though I still feel Waluigi should remain as an Assist Trophy.

Only voted for 3: Waluigi, Dark Samus, and Takumaru

Waluigi is the best idea for Mario Spin-offs or if by some miracle he appears in a Wario game, he might not even be in the Mario newcomer spot anymore and might be a 2nd rep for Wario instead where he'll barely have any competition (Besides Captain Syrup or any of the other WarioWare employees. But I just have this strange feeling Sakurai has a bit of a soft spot for Waluigi regardless). Heck in the Smash Direct he did have the Wario logo while in Brawl he had the Mushroom symbol when he was revealed as an assist trophy. Possible foreshadowing?

I only say Dark Samus assuming Ridley just isn't in the cards for Smash Bros. In all honesty, Dark Samus probably would of been a better idea then Dark Pit in this installment. Because at least the Metroid series would get the 3rd Rep that people have been clamoring for. Even if course there'd still be complaints about Dark Samus taking Ridley's spot and/or making all of Metroid's representation just three different Samus's. But she is from the Prime series, a relatively well-recieved series at least in the west. Dark Samus would basically be "Dark Pit but done alot better".

And Takumaru would be a good retro rep for the next time. He even got exposure through the Western release on Virtual Console of his game.

Isaac

---- he's not an Assist Trophy here. --- this game

Would you guys be ok if DLC characters are some of the Assist Trophies promoted to playable? I mean, technically it'd be easier to do that since the character already has a model. All they need to do is give them better textures and polygon count, and moveset animations. I might be over simplifying it but at least they won't completely start from scratch.

Northern Verve said:
And Takumaru would be a good retro rep for the next time. He even got exposure through the Western release on Virtual Console of his game.
I'm just waiting for The Mysterious Murasame Castle: Uprising produced by Sora. Inc, directed by Masahiro Sakurai, then he'll be a shoe-in along with Dark Takamaru

If dark characters are a thing why isn't Dark Bowser in yet?

But anyway, I believe Waluigi deserves to be in because Wario has been in two games now. Both Mario and Peach have counterparts in Smash (Luigi and Rosalina) but Wario does not. Waluigi would fill that gap and he would probably have an interesting moveset too.

Wait, there's a second princess in Smash and 3D World?

DaKid said:
Would you guys be ok if DLC characters are some of the Assist Trophies promoted to playable? I mean, technically it'd be easier to do that since the character already has a model. All they need to do is give them better textures and polygon count, and moveset animations. I might be over simplifying it but at least they won't completely start from scratch.

Uh yeah you are oversimplifying it. Just saying :P

But yeah at least they have some ground to stand on unlike making other characters

...or they can just *bleep* things up and just recolor Pit and call it a day

Back