Worst things that happened in the Mario Series and WHY

yoshiking14x

Retired
This can also include some decisions that you thought were terrible to be true.

I may make a discussion about the best things to happen in the Mario Series unless if someone does it first.

I will let you say first, include why.

The only truly terrible things to happen to Mario are Mario's Early Years and Mario's Time Machine.

You only need to see footage of the game to see why.

Various edutainment games.
SPM's story and characters
NSMB2
Yoshi's new island
Hotel Mario

Just to name a few.

Mcmadness said:
NSMB2
Decided to requote these two for a reason.

SPM: You seem to be everywhere today with your SPM opinion. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I'm just bringing it up.

NSMB2: I agree. It's nothing more than a rehash of the Wii version that's released about 3-5 months before NSMBU.

The more recent 3D titles having what I call "planetoid hopping", instead of actual enviroments. I blame the Galaxy games for that. I did say somewhere that I felt it overstayed it's welcome.

Rosalina and Luma said:
Mcmadness said:
NSMB2
Decided to requote these two for a reason.

SPM: You seem to be everywhere today with your SPM opinion. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I'm just bringing it up.

NSMB2: I agree. It's nothing more than a rehash of the Wii version that's released about 3-5 months before NSMBU.

Well this topic popping up gave me an excuse to give a token of my dislike towards it.

And yes NSMB2 is a very blatant rehash, the only reason I give it any remote leeway is due to it making collecting coins really fun (though pointless) and that its portable.

I hope nobody hates me because of this, but here it goes:

When Nintendo decided to make Wario into a disgusting guy and make him too distant from the Mario Series. He now appears in party/sport titles but he is becoming un-Wario, being called Wario for nothing.

I AM SORRY for revealing my opinion of why I miss classic Wario.

yoshiking14x said:

When Nintendo decided to make Wario into a disgusting guy and make him too distant from the Mario Series. He now appears in party/sport titles but he is becoming un-Wario, being called Wario for nothing.

I agree.

1. Turning Wario from a non-Bowser or Bowser-affiliated villain into the group's Token Evil Teammate

2. Sticker Star

3. The Koopalings' existence. "Hey instead of putting effort like we did with Bowser, Wart, Wario, and other villains in our beloved franchises, let's create 7 characters who are all almost exactly the same!"

4. Ignoring the Donkey Kong franchise

5. Sticker Star

6. Those obscure/edutainment games

7. Getting rid of Wario's DOHIMISSED

8. Milking the Mario Party series dry. Although playing as Bowser in Mario Party 10 does seem promising.

9. Sticker Star

10. Giving Yoshi the shaft.

I think Wario works best as an anti hero personally.

Before the Koopalings were introduced, the only end level bosses in main Mario games were False Bowsers, so your point is invalid.

Of course I'm not counting SMB2 because that's technically Doki Doki Panic.

Magikrazy said:
Before the Koopalings were introduced, the only end level bosses in main Mario games were False Bowsers, so your point is invalid.

Of course I'm not counting SMB2 because that's technically Doki Doki Panic.

Its not like the villains of SMB2 were the epitome of creativity anyhow. The minions were the real show stealers, and I guess Birdo.

Mouser was cool, but he didn't need to appear twice.

Triclyde was one of those snake things, but with three heads.

Fryguy was fire.

Never saw Clawgrip, so idk.

The movie from the 90s not because it didn't follow the games pretty well, I don't mind change, adaptations need changes, but the plot and characters were so generic and boring

Mario Party 9

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

Basically any Yoshi game ever. Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island gets a free pass for introducing Baby Luigi but the other kidnappings are absolutely unexusable

Super Mario Galaxy 2, aka the worst 3D Mario platformer of all

Baby Luigi said:
Basically any Yoshi game ever. Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island gets a free pass for introducing Baby Luigi but the other kidnappings are absolutely unexusable

And because Yoshi's the star, right? :P

Donatello said:
yoshiking14x said:

I agree.

1. Turning Wario from a non-Bowser or Bowser-affiliated villain into the group's Token Evil Teammate

2. Sticker Star

3. The Koopalings' existence. "Hey instead of putting effort like we did with Bowser, Wart, Wario, and other villains in our beloved franchises, let's create 7 characters who are all almost exactly the same!"

4. Ignoring the Donkey Kong franchise

5. Sticker Star

6. Those obscure/edutainment games

7. Getting rid of Wario's DOHIMISSED

8. Milking the Mario Party series dry. Although playing as Bowser in Mario Party 10 does seem promising.

9. Sticker Star

10. Giving Yoshi the shaft.
So what's the shaft of Yoshi are you speaking of?

Donatello said:
Baby Luigi said:

And because Yoshi's the star, right? :P

Yeah

The Yoshi games do have a tirade of problems unpertaining to my absolute hatred of Yoshi though. Like REAL problems.

There are other crazy cereals out there, you know?

Like that monopoly cereal or something.

Fucking Mario Party 9.

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT

The best thing that game did was make Koopa playable.

Fire Emblem Character said:
*bleep*ing Mario Party 9.

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT
Blue Toad's more joyful side.

Back