Trophy Search: What trophies are there? (plus, crazy personal theory)

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
I should probably start by saying this isn't meant to be a topic listing all the trophies in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, though it very well turn into that. What this topic is is basically a look-out for certain characters and if they have trophies in the game. If you do spot a trophy of a character, it would be very greatly appreciated if you were to post a picture of them on this thread.

The main reason why I'm making this thread is because of a crazy theory I have. See, I'm thoroughly convinced that we haven't seen the entire roster yet, and I'm not saying this out of dissatisfaction. I feel that, with all the detail Masahiro Sakurai (and by extension his wife) put into menus and selection screens, just having all that empty space at the bottom of the character selection screen feels really suspicious... Like, there's clearly enough space for at least 4 more character slots, yet there's nothing there but gray nothingness. I refuse to believe this was an oversight (besides, there are about 51 characters in the game; 55 is a better final roster number).

Then I realized something as trophies of characters started popping up... What if certain characters didn't have trophies? See, unless there an Assist Trophy, or some kind of random character from a Nintendo (or Pac-Man, Mega Man, or Sonic the Hedgehog... or Rayman, apparently) game, playable character trophies are only unlocked by beating Classic Mode as that character. So I figured, if there isn't a trophy for a certain character... perhaps that's because they're going to be a playable character, and you need to unlock their trophy by beating Classic Mode as them!

This might not be the case, though, but even still, I'm sure tons of people suggested that characters can be added either through SpotPass (like Fire Emblem: Awakening, and it's additional chapters/maps and characters), DLC (the most comment suggestion, it worked again for Fire Emblem: Awakening and it seems to be working for Mario Kart 8), or by connecting/syncing the 3DS with the Wii U (it was a rumor suggested early on, and it would make a little bit of sense, like transferring/adding data from the Wii U to the 3DS, plus it would encourage people to buy the Wii U version... kind a rather ****ish way, but still). I have to admit, though, my thoughts on this theory have dampened as time goes on, after seeing certain trophies slowly revealing themselves... Such as:

Wolf
Paper Mario (seen in the Wolf image)
Ice Climbers
Squirtle & Ivysaur (as seperate trophies... I've seen the Ivysaur trophy, but not the Squirtle yet)
Lucas
Pichu (again, from what I've heard)
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Chorus Men/Choir Boys

Seeing some of these characters essentially "deconfirmed" as trophies makes me wonder if my theory is really correct at all, since I'm willing to bet a lot of people would want to see a few of these characters... But who knows...

In any case, here's what I want to do: I want people to be on high alert for seeing if certain characters are in the game as trophies. Speaking for myself, I'm still on the look-out for the following characters:

Roy (from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, or as some would call, the one true Roy)
Ridley (from Metroid, strange I haven't heard about him yet...)
Isaac (from Golden Sun, he isn't an Assist Trophy anymore, it seems...)
Bandanna Dee (from Kirby)
Marshal (from Rhythm Heaven)
Impa (from The Legend of Zelda)
Mach Rider
N (from Pokémon Black & White)
Cranky Kong (from Donkey Kong)

As well as several other characters I'm just curious about... Just as a few examples:

Andy (from Advance Wars)
Anna (from Fire Emblem)
Sceptile (from Pokémon)
Porky/Pokey Minch (from EarthBound/Mother)
Captain Rainbow
Muddy (Mole Mania)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Mike Jones (from StarTropics)
Any character from Pro Wrestling

Most of these, I'm just curious about, just to see if they're represented or not, but if they're not included... Well, there might be a fair chance that they might be playable somewhere down the line...

...Of course, there's one guy who manages the Chibi-Robo for Super Smash Bros. 4 page has a crazy theory that characters that ARE confirmed as trophies have a better chance at being playable once the Wii U version comes out:

https://www.facebook.com/ChibiRoboForSuperSmashBros4/posts/551785004921656?notif_t=notify_me

But I don't really buy that... yet.

For now, I just want to focus on seeing if certain characters are trophies. This'll be much easier once the game is actually released in the United States, Europe, and Australia, and more people can get their hands on a copy of it, but until then, see if you can find any images of those trophies... or heck, if you have a Japanese version yourself, it would be helpful if you can tell us what you've found.

I'm largely disappointed by the Yoshi's Island representation if all we're gonna get is mother---ing Yoshi with a godammn giant egg from Yoshi's New Island

I've seen trophies of the main four from Paper Mario (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser) and they all describe Sticker Star (well, not sure about Bowser, but there's a 99% chance it will also be about SS because he has the royal sticker on his head)

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
I've seen trophies of the main four from Paper Mario (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser) and they all describe Sticker Star (well, not sure about Bowser, but there's a 99% chance it will also be about SS because he has the royal sticker on his head)
Maybe the Wii U trophies (if there are any) will describe the console games.

It's a good thing that none of my wanted characters appears as a trophy, then again they might be cut out of the game.

blah blah blah gaarbage.

I heard there was a Sylveon so please show me the trophy of it.

speaking of trophies.... where's rayman?

Dorumon said:
blah blah blah gaarbage.

I heard there was a Sylveon so please show me the trophy of it.

speaking of trophies.... where's rayman?
A Sylveon trophy would be sweet. As for Rayman, he might be one of the last trophies unlocked through Challenges.

Also, Impa got a lot more likely. Why would they give her a label if there is only one version of her?

I wonder why they specified the the Ocarina of Time version in the trophy title. Kind of like those trophies in Brawl that were called Fox (Assualt) or Falco (Assault). Why not just make a general Impa trophy.

Unless of course, you could only get an Impa trophy by completing Classic mode with her. If there is DLC, she may be a likely candidate. Wait and see if anyone finds another Impa trophy.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:

Super Paper Mario had 7 trophies devoted to it when brawl came out, thats more than enough.

I believe there are Kersti and Wiggler trophies as well.

Mega Man trophies aren't looking great. There's gotta be a Proto Man trophy somewhere though.

They have eight Mario Kart trophies, four colored Shy Guy trophies, and an E-Tank trophy but not Proto Man, Roll, Eddie, Bass or Treble trophies? What the hell?

What's the source of this?

Pyro said:
They have eight Mario Kart trophies, four colored Shy Guy trophies, and an E-Tank trophy but not Proto Man, Roll, Eddie, Bass or Treble trophies? What the hell?

>complaining about shy guys

>is actually a shy guy.

Pyro said:

Wii U Exclusive trophies perhaps?

Northern Verve said:
Pyro said:

Wii U Exclusive trophies perhaps?
Maybe. Most of the trophies are from the 3DS games (eg. Mario Kart 7, Starfox 64 3D, Paper Mario: Sticker Star).

Pyro said:

GameFAQs, who iirc said it was in turn from 4chan

Well at least Baby Mario is with Yoshi with that stupid trophy

It's not like I'm NOT disappointed still

Back