SSE type story with SSB4 roster (chapter 2 out)

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
I will start writing a story similar to SSE from Brawl with the roster of Super Smash Bros. 4.

This will not be a sequel. It will be its own story.

Right now, I'm jotting down ideas. I will take suggestions regarding the story, which character is paired with who, etc.

I will have Zelda turn into Sheik at one point just like in SSE, but I don't know if Samus should start in the Varia Suit or the Zero Suit. Not sure what to do with Dr. Mario.

Chapter 1 and 2 are out now!

Re: SSE type story with SSB4 roster (taking suggestions)

Have you considered bringing in the six lost characters from Brawl?

GalacticPetey said:
Have you considered bringing in the six lost characters from Brawl?
2365314-b3db63cf6850990cadc93f98967a6aa3.jpg

Sorry. This is just for the characters playable in SSB4 and a few of the bosses (Ridley, Yellow Devil, etc.)

Magikrazy said:
Sorry. This is just for the characters playable in SSB4 and a few of the bosses (Ridley, Yellow Devil, etc.)
Fair enough.

A throwaway mention or cameo would be cool.

As for the story, I would say incorporate
Master Core in there. Maybe as the villain. I'm not sure of his relation to the hands though.

That's what I was thinking.

I'll try to have throwaway references when appropriate. I could probably get away with mentioning someone like Wolf or Squirtle because there are other characters from those series in Smash 4.

so are you going to replace smash characters with users or what

no

not everything has to be about the users

god jav youre so selfish

One more question. Would the characters have their Smash size or would everyone be accurate to their canon sizes?

Here's what I'm thinking about a team

DK, Diddy, Samus, Little Mac

Fox, Falco, Duck Hunt, R.O.B.

Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Pac-Man

Marth, Ike, Meta Knight

Pikachu, Lucario, Ness

Robin, Greninja, Lucina

Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk

Captain Falcon, Olimar, Mega Man, Sonic

Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Link, Toon Link

Peach, Zelda, Mr. Game & Watch, Villager

idk where to stick Jigglypuff

the rest are villains, except possibly Dedede

Anna said:
just wondering
its ok I was kidding
Lumastar said:
Dr. Mario can be a doppelgänger of Mario who helps one of the other heroes. They think that he is the real Mario, which confuses him.
Master Core has been theorized to be the leftovers of Tabuu, so you can try to include that.
possibly and I don't know if I want Subspace to return
GalacticPetey said:
One more question. Would the characters have their Smash size or would everyone be accurate to their canon sizes?
I don't know. Why?
Lumastar said:
Dark Pit can be formed when the Shadow Bugs (if they return) copy Pit's trophy.
No.

And I forgot to put Dr. Mario somewhere.

I feel like you should mix up the teams a bit more. Try to get one character from each franchise on a team with a couple of exceptions. I would edit the Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Link, and Toon Link team.

If you retain the living trophies idea, Dark Pit being formed from Pit's trophy would make sense. If the Shadow Bugs don't return, then he can be created by the main antagonist and have some of the MC's power.

Wait. Did Sakurai make up Dark Pit for SSB4 or was he already a character?

If it's the former, that would make sense.
I feel like you should mix up the teams a bit more. Try to get one or a couple of times two characters from each franchise on each team.
I don't know what you mean by this.

Magikrazy said:
Wait. Did Sakurai make up Dark Pit for SSB4 or was he already a character?

If it's the former, that would make sense.
In Uprising, Dark Pit is a clone of Pit formed when he gazes into the Mirror of Truth. I wouldn't find it odd if the clone idea is kept, but the formation of Dark Pit is changed.

Magikrazy said:
I feel like you should mix up the teams a bit more. Try to get one or a couple of times two characters from each franchise on each team.
I don't know what you mean by this.
Your teams are fine for the most part, but a few seem too much like the Subspace Emissary. Also, I would like it better if the Mario/Zelda heroes team was separated.

Anna said:
so are you going to replace smash characters with users or what

well he could but they'd have to be Mii Fighters of ourselves

I think a Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man teamup somewhere is a must.

^ This

Also I think Kirby + Jiggly. And maybe Samus + Captain Falcon. It would also be good to see some characters mingle a bit more. Maybe you could have the main brawl team of 5 with people like Dr. Mario, Toon Link, Dark Pit as part of it instead.

Don't need to do any of that stiff though.

I will be having most of the characters talk, unlike SSE.

And I'll start the first chapter today.

Chapter 1: Mario
One day in the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario was taking his morning costitutional.
Mario: What a lovely day! I think I'll-a go say hi to Princess Peach!
He made his way to the Princess's Castle, hoping that Peach hadn't been kidnapped again so they could play some Mario Kart. When he arrived at the castle, something didn't seem quite right, but he thought nothing of it. He walked up the steps and up to the castle doors. He knocked on the doors.
Mario: It's-a me! Mario!
There was no answer.
Mario: Princess? Toad? Anybody?
There was still no answer. Mario, becoming impatient, decided to simply go inside and find Peach, but when he opened the door, he made a shocking discovery. There was no Princess. In fact, there was no castle. All that was there was a large cardboard made to look like Princess Peach's castle.
Mario: Mamma mia! What happened to the castle?
Mario could not believe what he was seeing, or rather what he wasn't seeing. He ran home as fast as he could to tell Luigi.
Luigi: Hey, bro! Back from your walk already?
Mario: Luigi! The castle is gone!
Luigi: The Princess's castle? It's-a completely gone?
Mario: Yes! Not a single brick left!
Luigi: Who would do such a thing?
Mario: I can think of somebody. Come on, Luigi! Let's-a go pay our old friend Bowser a visit!
And with that, the duo was off. Perhaps Bowser was behind the disappearance of the princess and her castle, perhaps not. Either way, she was missing, and she needed to be found.

Re: SSE type story with SSB4 roster (chapter 1 out)

Does anyone have anything to say?

Because I'd really like to know if this is great or ok or shitty or whatever, so when I finish Chapter 2 (which is called "Bowser"), it's good.

I'm not a pussy or anything. I can take criticism.

Might be a little too much dialogue for the Mario Bros. I know you said the story would have more talking, but I think it should be a little more controlled dialogue based on who the scene is featuring because otherwise the story feels more like a cartoon for really young kids that's telling us what we could probably pick up already by reading what's happening in action (Example: Mario does not need to say to himself that he's going to visit the Princess, we could pick that up if we read that he's happily running and/or jumping towards where he thought the cardboard castle was Peach's castle)

I think you should try a bit more balance with Mario characters as they're not the most talkative in the games but they're also not that silent. However some characters in particular would probably be more silent or more talkative then others. Like scenes that star Mr. Game and Watch or Pac-Man would be just cartoon gestures. But bring in someone like Sonic, Fox, and Falco that would probably be where dialogue is more appropriate.

Thanks for the input.

With this in mind, I'll probably need to rework what I have for Chapter 2.

Here's what I have so far.
The two plumbers finally made it to Bowser's Castle, hoping for some answers. Mario knocked on the door.
Luigi: Hey, Mario?
Mario: Yes, Luigi?
Luigi: Why do we always go that way?
Mario: What do you mean?
Luigi: Whenever we need to get to Bowser's-a Castle, we take the exact same route.
Mario: I have-a no idea what you're-a talking about.
Luigi: But-
Mario: Quiet. Someone's answering the door!
The door creaked open, and one Hammer Bro greeted the two.
Hammer Bro: Oh, it's you guys. What do you want?
Mario explained what had happened to Princess Peach and her castle.
Hammer Bro: Sorry, boys. I don't know nothin' about that. If the big man nabbed the princess, she'd be here. You know how he works.
Luigi: Please-a forgive us if we don't believe you.
Mario: Yeah, you won't mind if we look around, will you?
Hammer Bro: No chance! The boss doesn't want to be disturbed right now.
Suddenly, a voice boomed throughout the castle.
???: WHO'S AT THE DOOR?
The Hammer Bro turned to see King Koopa himself, Bowser.
Hammer Bro: Oh! Uh, hello King Bowser! It's n-nobody important!
Bowser: It's Mario and Luigi, isn't it?
Hammer Bro: Y-yes...
Bowser: Let them in. I wish to speak with them.
Mario and Luigi stepped inside the castle.
Bowser: Follow me to my office.
They walked down the castle's corridor, passing several Hammer Bros, Dry Bones, and other baddies. They finally made it to a large door with Bowser's face on it.
Bowser: Take a seat.
Mario and Luigi sat down.
Bowser: I have a feeling that you two came here today because of the disappearance of Princess Peach and her castle. Is this true?
Mario: Indeed, it is.
I guess it is pretty dialogue heavy.

Back