Mario Kart 9 Ideas

Nysic

Power Star
I made a roster and retro track list. Let me know what you think about it.

Roster

Starting Characters
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi
DK
Bowser
Toad

Unlockables
Koopa
Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr.
Birdo
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Metal Mario
Rosalina
Dry Bones
Toadette
Lakitu
Shy Guy
Kamek
Hammer Bro

DLC
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Paratroopa
Dry Bowser
ROB

Retro Tracks

Shell Cup
DS Figure 8 Circuit
SNES Koopa Beach 1
GBA Ribbon Road
Wii Toad's Factory

Banana Cup
Wii U Thwomp Ruins
GCN Mushroom City
DS Mario Circuit
N64 Wario Stadium

Leaf Cup
Wii DK Summit
3DS Neo Bowser City
SNES Bowser Castle 3
Wii U Shy Guy Falls

Lightning Cup
3DS Wario Shipyard
Wii U Electrodrome
GCN Bowser's Castle
GBA Rainbow Road

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi should be starters like in Kart 8

I don't think there should be ANY excuse to leave out Baby Mario and Baby Luigi this time

All Mario, all the time.

Cirdec said:
Waluigi will be cut again.
Your roster miss a wtf character.

Foreman Spike

Roster:
1 Mario
2 Luigi
3 Peach
4 Bowser
5 Bowser Jr
6 Rosalina
7 Daisy
8 Yoshi
9 Toad
10 DK
11 Wario
12 Waluigi
13 Toadette
14 Diddy Kong
15 Birdo
16 Mona
17 Fawful
18 Kamek
19 E. Gadd
20 Baby Mario
21 Baby Luigi
22 Kooper
23 General Guy
24 Lakilester
25 Dry Bones
26 Dixie Kong
27 King Boo
28 Petey Piranha
29 Ashley
30 Mr. L

30 characters for next handheld wouldn't be too far fetched, and some of the species double as RPG representatives.

I think that the roster will be 20 Characters (excluding Miis) since every handheld game has had 4 more characters that the previous handheld game.

I think the following characters have no chance of being excluded and those in green are guaranteed to be starter characters while those in red have a very high chance of that being so:

Mario
Luigi
Peach

Daisy
Rosalina
Bowser
Yoshi

Koopa Troopa
Shy Guy
Wario
Waluigi
Toad
Donkey Kong

The following characters have a high chance but might not make it in:

Lakitu
Toadette
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi

The following characters have a sizeable chance but are nowhere near safe:

Diddy Kong
Bowser Jr
Birdo
Metal Mario
Pink Gold Peach

Characters not on the previous 3 lists have a chance that varies from minimal to none. (Though knowing Nintendo, they will probably give us a surprise of at least one character not on this list.)

IcicleRain said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
garbled text

why would wario have less chance than waluigi
at least wario has actually starred in mainstream games

I said Wario has a small chance of not being a starter character, not that he has a small chance of not being in the game. I also said that Waluigi had even less of a chance of being a starter character.

Kart Player 2008 said:
I said Wario has a small chance of not being a starter character, not that he has a small chance of not being in the game.

IcicleRain said:

IcicleRain said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
I said Wario has a small chance of not being a starter character, not that he has a small chance of not being in the game.

IcicleRain said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
I said Wario has a small chance of not being a starter character, not that he has a small chance of not being in the game. I also said that Waluigi had even less of a chance of being a starter character.

>editing posts to make people look stupid
not cool, man
not cool

you really worded that first post badly though

IcicleRain said:
>editing posts to make people look stupid
not cool, man
not cool

you really worded that first post badly though
sorry about that. By the time I went back to the thread to see your next post, I had already finished my edits. I decided that my original post was badly worded and edited it and you made your post while I was in the middle of making my edits.

Good, but I just don't like the baby characters, or any variation of already-existing character, it's a waste of creativity.

But Kamek does need to be in Mario Kart. Maybe even Boom Boom and Pom Pom.

Clawdia Koopa said:
Good, but I just don't like the baby characters, or any variation of already-existing character, it's a waste of creativity.

You say that and you also happen to like the Koopalings who are also wastes of creativity as well

The only thing that is a waste of creativity is the thing I say is a waste of creativity.

Twas more a joke actually.

Baby Luigi said:
Clawdia Koopa said:

You say that and you also happen to like the Koopalings who are also wastes of creativity as well

They were made when the Mario franchise was just learning to walk, and they helped develop it into what it is. Back then, it was acceptable, because people were just getting into the series. Now, they could use a little work on the battles, but they're not completely wasted. There are still other bosses out there, like in Super Mario 3D World, so…case in point, the koopalings aren't that bad. End of story.

you could say the same for Baby Mario and Baby Luigi

Here's my roster and retro track list:
Keep in mind this is a handheld game roster. I think if it was for New 3DS or next-gen handheld it could maybe handle twelve racers. Also, since I predicted Koopalings for Mario Kart 8, I will predict another obsecure choice.

Starting roster:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Koopa Troopa
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi

Unlockable Characters:
Bowser Jr.
Daisy
Toadette
Diddy Kong
Shy Guy
Kamek
Rosalina
Metal Mario
Birdo
Dry Bones
Boom Boom- obsecure character, there.

And I'm calling it for MK10, Baby Waluigi.

That argument that handhelds can't handle (no pun intended) as much as a console is bullshit, they're pretty much just as powerful as a console nowadays.

Back