Mario Kart director is open on Smash Bros. style rosters in future games

Shy Guy Forever

mostly afk
Banned User
http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/27/5754590/mario-kart-future-rosters-super-smash-bros

This may explain why Link, Villager, and Isabelle are in the game. What do you guys think of this?

As long as those nobody characters don't compromise Baby Luigi's playability, I'm fine

Baby Luigi said:
As long as those nobody characters don't replace Baby Luigi, I'm fine
Link > Baby Luigi.*

*Ganondorf not factored in.

I'd love the idea of a Nintendo Kart.

Think of all the unique vehicles you could add.

Standard Mario Kart
Koopa Clown Car
Epona
Bike from Pokemon
Warp Star
Arwing
Samus' gunship
Olimar's ship.
Blue Falcon

Want to see Pikachu ride Epona? Want Fox in a Mario Kart? It could happen.

It should've been Kirby Air Ride: City Trial that got this treatment... :P

It would be amazing, being a cross between a fighting game and a racing game.

As long as they're just a side thing and don't affect the number of Mario characters, fine.

Or maybe spin this off into its own thing.

Sonic Mario & SEGA Nintendo All-Stars Racing Kart!

What I'm looking forward to this are palette swaps that are considered to be actual freaking palette swaps and not separate characters that take up the roster.

Yeah! It's high time Luigi got the attention he deserves, or lack thereof.

I feel this should be a whole new franchise. Having a game like Smash bros but racing is fine. If you throw a few random outside characters into a game otherwise completely about Mario though, it just feels random.

I'd rather not have non-mario characters in the standard game. Either keep them as DLC or make it a new series.

SKmarioman said:
What I'm looking forward to this are palette swaps that are considered to be actual freaking palette swaps and not separate characters that take up the roster.
Considering that you just select whatever color you wish for the 8 Yoshis and Shy Guys in the Mario Kart 8 DLC, I think the best option would be for characters like Metal Mario and Cat Peach to be alternate costumes for Mario and Peach respectively instead of compromising slots that could be going to Boo, Dry Bones, Diddy Kong & Bowser Jr. Koopalings are pretty unique from one another though so I don't think they would work as "alternate costumes".

Pyro said:
SKmarioman said:
Considering that you just select whatever color you wish for the 8 Yoshis and Shy Guys in the Mario Kart 8 DLC, I think the best option would be for characters like Metal Mario and Cat Peach to be alternate costumes for Mario and Peach respectively instead of compromising slots that could be going to Boo, Dry Bones, Diddy Kong & Bowser Jr. Koopalings are pretty unique from one another though so I don't think they would work as "alternate costumes".
*coughbowserjrkoopalingaltscough*

Shy​ Guy said:
Pyro said:
SKmarioman said:
*coughbowserjrkoopalingaltscough*

1. is that confirmed?
2. that's an insanely stupid idea imo. morton koopa jr. has a huge and bulky build compared to Bowser Jr.'s rather small and stubby one

I think it's cool, but yeah I don't feel like they could do that without changing hitboxes

There was a rumor about a new Diddy Kong Racing and some of the characters apparently would be some D-list (characters nobody cares about or even know) Nintendo characters.

Oye, I'm not a fan of that at all.

A lot of the appeal for me anyway is that it is a Mario game that takes place in the Mario World. I don't mind that they added Link or the Animal Crossing characters as DLC, but to have the game suddenly become "Super Smash Kart"? No thanks.

Honestly, they should just make a Super Smash Kart or whatever. Like a couple of characters are OK, but really like 30 or something?

Cirdec said:
Shy​ Guy said:
Stargazing said:
Lumastar said:
I guess that we'll receive 2-3 more guest characters in Mario Kart 9. My money's on Kirby.
No no you mean Pikachu
Those are both funny ways to spell Mr. Game & Watch.

A 2D character ridding a kart would be awful.

i'm going to guess you never played super mario kart

although that game was kinda broken at times, so point taken.

I'm against non-Mario characters in Mario Kart. Why? Because that development time could be spent getting more Mario characters that actually fit in with the Mario cast much more. And no I'm not talking about trash like Pink Gold Peach. I think before non-Mario characters get in every well-known Mario subseries with its own characters should get a rep in Mario Kart.

Back