New Nintendo 3DS

TinTinfinite

scrunkly
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Infinite8
-Nintendo has announced a brand new iteration of the 3DS known as “New Nintendo 3DS”. The system features a second analog nub and much more like a cartridge slot on the bottom and ZL/ZR buttons.

-New Nintendo 3DS is white and black. The XL model is metallic blue/metallic black.

-New Nintendo 3DS is 3.88 inch, 3.33 inch for the New Nintendo 3DS. It’s 1.2 times bigger than the original model.

-The top right of the New 3DS model has the little nub called the c-stick. It serves the same purpose as the slide pad. Nintendo went with the smaller C-stick so that the abyx buttons wouldn’t have to be moved/redesigned, and it’d still be close for the fingers. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy Explorers, and Smash Bros. all take advantage of this.
Additionally, the button colors come in the same color as the Super Famicom.

-New Nintendo 3DS can use the bottom screen to use NFC. In other words, you won’t need a special reader.

-New Nintendo 3DS supports micro SD cards. Data can be sent over Wi-Fi to PC.

-There’s also a more powerful CPU inside. That means things like HTML5 videos in the Internet browser will be supported.

-Will be released in Japan on October 11 this year.

Meh, I'm sticking to my old Pokémon X and Y XL.

*looks on internet*
Shulk in Smash?!
An NES Remix on 3DS?!
A new 3DS model?!
what the hell happened while I was asleep

i have no motive to purchase this

my regular 3ds works just fine, and most of the new features are just accessory.

My 3DS is actually on the verge of breaking, so I've been saving up for a replacement 3DSXL for ages, and I was finally going to buy it come the next school break, just in time for Smash Bros...

but these actually have really cool features imo, so now I'm torn between getting an XL now or waiting forever for the new 3DS to come to AUS and replacing my old 3DS then.

WHY

i'm in the same boat as gbatoad in that my 3ds is almost broken so i was saving up for a replacement, but now im definitely gonna wait to see whats happening with this one in the west, seems really cool

although there was one thing i didnt quite get (because the whole thing was in japanese, obviously) and that was whether or not it still supports regular sd cards? i know it has micro-sd support but i couldnt quite tell if it was only micro-sd. if it is only micro-sd then thats a shame because im quite content with my 16gb sd and it would be a pain to have to replace it

Hotaru Tomoe said:
although there was one thing i didnt quite get (because the whole thing was in japanese, obviously) and that was whether or not it still supports regular sd cards? i know it has micro-sd support but i couldnt quite tell if it was only micro-sd. if it is only micro-sd then thats a shame because im quite content with my 16gb sd and it would be a pain to have to replace it
just rewatched the announcement and by the looks of it, no regular SD card support, but I could be wrong

e:just watched a bit further, yeah, the sd card slot is being replaced by the micro sd card slot

also, as expected, it's not hitting AUS/EU until 2015. Bummer.

Game Boy Toadvance said:
Hotaru Tomoe said:
just rewatched the announcement and by the looks of it, no regular SD card support, but I could be wrong

Ah bummer, I was hoping it would be out in time for Smash 3DS so I could play with a c-stick and bigger screen.

I guess this saves me some money, my R button is slightly faulty but it still works when I blow in it for now.

Game Boy Toadvance said:
My 3DS is actually on the verge of breaking, so I've been saving up for a replacement 3DSXL for ages, and I was finally going to buy it come the next school break, just in time for Smash Bros...

but these actually have really cool features imo, so now I'm torn between getting an XL now or waiting forever for the new 3DS to come to AUS and replacing my old 3DS then.

WHY
Took the words straight from my mouth. Really, I'm in exactly the same predicament as you.

Maki Nishikino said:
my R button is slightly faulty but it still works when I blow in it for now.
same here lol, though there's also a huge crack on the left hand side of my 3DS which needs to be secured with tape otherwise the whole top screen will probably fall off, so the L button doesn't work at all. ridiculous

so yeah I'm probably going to have to replace it sooner rather than later. I really don't like the idea of a temporary replacement, but maybe I'll trade it in when the New 3DS finally hits the shelves, then that'll be my dedicated handheld for a long time.

also there's an update coming to the regular 3DSes in October which allows for customisable home menus like the New 3DS. The Animal Crossing menu will be MINE.

Game Boy Toadvance said:
Hotaru Tomoe said:

e:just watched a bit further, yeah, the sd card slot is being replaced by the micro sd card slot

well thats a shame
i guess i'll have to factor that in if i wanna get one of these

i'd assume thats the same for NA?
do you have a source

if they announce games exclusive to this ill be pretty pissed

the 3ds isn't old enough to warrant a successor. does it look like I'm made of money? honestly, this is what the original 3ds should have been

afaik the only game confirmed to require it is the xenoblade 3ds port
if i had to guess it'll probably be like the dsi, they'll keep making regular 3ds games but have the occasional one that needs a 'new' one

Ninelevendo said:
This is honestly just annoying. "Hey, you all like Smash, so now you have to buy a new 3DS to play it!"

no
its completely optional, just like the circlepad pro

Nabber said:
if they announce games exclusive to this ill be pretty pissed
prepare to be pissed

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884846

also if Nintendo uses this as an excuse to to release another NSMB, Mario Kart, and Mario Party, I don't think I'll ever be able to take them seriously again.

Nabber said:
also if Nintendo uses this as an excuse to to release another NSMB, Mario Kart, and Mario Party, I don't think I'll ever be able to take them seriously again.
New New Super Mario Bros 2

Back