Nintendo is not focusing on casual crowd

Luigidaisy1

The Captain Falcon Theorist
https://games.yahoo.com/news/nintendos-miyamoto-doesnt-want-games-183700216.html What do you guys think?

well of course they aren't focusing on casuals. casuals have moved onto mobile gaming because it's cheaper and more convenient unless they're huge fans of nintendo or rich enough to blow hundreds of dollars on a wii u or 3ds

Miyamoto should be making more hardcore games then.

I mean seriously "Project Giant Robot" doesn't count Miyamoto. All you got is Starfox, and that isn't enough.

i'm still waiting for the f-zero game that you can pilot with an actual joystick like a space sim, that'd be unbelievably awesome

maybe nintendo should start making pc games so i can get interested in them again

We get it. You play PC games and worship them. No need to bring it up in every other thread.

Nintendo wants to focus less on casual? How about digging up some obscure series for the diehard fans.

i think this is a perfectly relevant time to talk about pc gaming. nintendo's trying to appeal to non-casuals, right? what better market than the pc gamers?

i'm not sure nintendo can pull that off, they're not used to multi-platform releases. but it would be interesting to say the least. the pc market could be a bold new direction for nintendo

Dr. Javelin said:
i think this is a perfectly relevant time to talk about pc gaming. nintendo's trying to appeal to non-casuals, right? what better market than the pc gamers?

i'm not sure nintendo can pull that off, they're not used to multi-platform releases. but it would be interesting to say the least. the pc market could be a bold new direction for nintendo

Come and help me make an emulator

Most people already have a PC, if Nintendo did both I doubt the people who already have a PC would go out and buy the Wii U

they're not going to go out and buy one because it's like $300. but if nintendo just released a few games for pc, that might be more appealing. nintendo ends up making more money because although i'm unwilling to pay $300 for a console, i'm willing to pay $30 for a game

Magikrazy said:
Because who wants to buy a new console and games when they can just buy the games?
They could have some games only on the console and others on both the console and PC.

Shocking idea.

What is "casual crowd" anyway?

btw, can we please leaves this console vs. pc bullcrap war out of this thread?

Dr. Javelin said:
How do these points even connect?

Maybe casual is not the right word.

The Wii's whole gimmick was that it appealed to people who don't normally play video games. Hell, my grandparents have a Wii. That's how it was "casual". The Wii U will not be the system that Grandma plays too. The Wii U will be enjoyed by those who are more experienced and enjoy a challenging experience.

GalacticPetey said:
Maybe casual is not the right word.

The Wii's whole gimmick was that it appealed to people who don't normally play video games. Hell, my grandparents have a Wii. That's how it was "casual". The Wii U will not be the system that Grandma plays too. The Wii U will be enjoyed by those who are more experienced and enjoy a challenging experience.
I'd like to call these people "dedicated" rather than "hardcore".

Maᴙio said:
Dr. Javelin said:
How do these points even connect?
because pc is well known for being full of srs bsns gamers

just look at counterstrike or dota 2, they're full of people who enjoy getting punched in the face by high learning curves for online multiplayer and yet keep coming back for more

they're also some of the most vile, aggressive, inconsiderate people you'll ever meet

This whole thing's making me wonder where I stand in regards to the whole casual/hardcore debate. I don't like hard games and would always play on the easiest setting when possible but I also don't like games with little substance like the ones on mobile devices. I like games that are fun, kiddy, and unrealistic. :/

Herobrine said:
This whole thing's making me wonder where I stand in regards to the whole casual/hardcore debate. I don't like hard games and would always play on the easiest setting when possible but I also don't like games with little substance like the ones on mobile devices. I like games that are fun, kiddy, and unrealistic. :/

"hardcore" often refers to your dedication of video games, but, eh, it's twisted beyond belief.

i play on easiest settings too. just my way of playing

I generally just set games to medium and turn the difficulty up if it's too easy. Just today I finished my second playthrough of Bioshock Infinite on Hard difficulty this time and I died at least a dozen times this playthrough, I mean honestly. I'm surprised I managed to beat the final level without dying, especially since the core I was protecting had just a sliver of health left. Whew.

On Medium it's easy enough that you can just ignore most of your vigors, which is what I did the first playthrough (except Murder of Crows because throwing murderous crows at people is awesome), but you definitely have to use them to take down stuff like Handymen on Hard mode.

Back