Pokken Tournament

Duskull

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
New game for arcades being developed by Bandai Namco. Release date of 2015

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/pokken-tournament-confirmed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Before anyone freaks out, remember this: Tekken always hits arcades first. If this does get a console release it'll be somewhere around 2016 or so.

That said, this looks awesome. All my money for playable Mienshao.

It looks pretty cool, but if it's only arcade I won't bother to play it.
I want Mewtwo playable because Mega Mewtwo X fighting type.

Glitchy said:
Only arcade? That sucks... It should of been for Wii U.

It's Tekken, it's always arcade first, then Console(s) (in this case I doubt it gets released outside of the Wii U)

If you guys look at the trailer again at the end, you can see "Nintendo" as a producer. And the president of The Pokemon Company said it's "releasing in arcades first" implying it will be released on another platform, Wii U.

Also this..

Director of this game (Harada) responding to Twitter questions

Q: Is it true that Tekken characters [will] be making guest appearances in Pokemon/Pokken Tournament?

Harada: Ha, ha, ha. Nope, Tekken characters will not be making an appearance.

Harada: As we're making a Pokemon fighting action battle game, I've already touched on this while on the livestream, but in this game there will not be a high/mid/low guard system mechanic. Instead, we're planning to include a new type of [mechanic]

Q: -As it's a fighting game, I'm a little worried that the roster will be full of humanoid-looking Pokemon.. I'd rather be surprised with unexpected picks instead.

Harada: That's not a problem at all. Technologically-speaking, we shouldn't face any problems in implementing whatever Pokemon we want. In terms of the system mechanics, we'll be looking at what fans would want, so please rest assured.

Q: Congrats on making Pokken a reality! And thank you for that! Rather than tweet you a request, today I've got a bit of a query: in Pokken Tournament it seems like Pokemon trainers do not exist? It's not that I'm requesting for them to make an appearance, but rather I'd just like to find out if that's the case.

Harada: Worry not.

wow i might actually go and play this if it comes to my local arcade, looks pretty cool
i want to play as hitmontop

Since Nintendo has recently been showing support to the competitive Melee scene, it would be really cool to see Nintendo push for this to be at EVO, APEX, or MLG.

There are a lot of characters I want.

Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Greninja
Heracross
Electivire
Mewtwo
Breloom
Gengar
Snorlax
Torterra
Tyranitar
Garchomp
Hawlucha

Ditto would be in as Mokujin. It just makes sense.

Would they have separate move sets or move sets based on other Tekken characters?

I'd like something like Magnezone or Porygon if you don't mind

Back