Rayman creator Michel Ancel joins Indie Studio (still works at Ubisoft)

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
So according to this site:

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/michel-ancel-rejoint-un-nouveau-studio-A136145.html

...Which is in French, so I re a re-report on it here:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/31/rayman-creator-michel-ancel-joins-indie-studio-still-working-for-ubisoft/

Michel Ancel, the creator of Rayman and the mind and key designer behind Beyond Good & Evil, announced that he joined indie developer, Wild Sheep Studio. Although he still works at Ubisoft (and, apparently, is still working on Beyond Good & Evil 2), he and his team are working on a new, original game that will be announced soon.

This is good news, for me anyway. I felt really bad for him when he and his team were forced to crunch work time getting Rayman Legends for the Wii U finished by February of 2013, only for Ubisoft to suddenly out of nowhere postpone the release of the Wii U version until versions for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are made, making all the time they took away from their families to finish the game completely wasted. Michel Ancel even threatened to leave Ubisoft because of that massive dick move on Ubisoft's part, though it's nice to see he's still with them, if only because he didn't abandon the likes of Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil to the likes of probably one of the worse game publishers out there.

Also, if his history is anything to go by, he's a really good game designer, so whatever he and Wild Sheep Studio has in store for us, it's bound to be good!

I love Michel Ancel and his games. I'm curious to what their new title would be like, hopefully as great as Rayman and Beyond Good and Evil.

Though he should really finish Beyond Good and Evil 2

I understand why he'd want some time away from Ubisoft.

Ubisoft sometimes feels like a nice company. For crying out loud, they made Mario and Luigi costumes in Rayman Legends and that Rayman trophy in Super Smash Bros., they made themselves without making Nintendo do it.

but most of the time they're utter asses

Back