The LEGO Movie 2

Shy Guy Forever

mostly afk
Banned User
Jared Stern was hired to write a sequel to The LEGO Movie with Michelle Morgan. Co-Director of the first film Chris McKay will direct the sequel with Jared Stern and Michelle Morgan as producers. Warner Bros. did not invite Village Roadshow Pictures to help with the film.

Discuss the movie here!

Re: The LEGO Movie

Which was last bumped 4 months ago.

I'd yell at him if it was on the first page but nah, this is excusable

Re: The LEGO Movie

You can at least name it "The LEGO Movie 2" or something...

where the hell would they take the story?

i mean the first movie was pretty well self-contained, i can't think of any loose plot threads that would warrant a sequel

And I'm Javert said:
where the hell would they take the story?

i mean the first movie was pretty well self-contained, i can't think of any loose plot threads that would warrant a sequel
well, toy story didn't demand a sequel, but we got some pretty good ones

I kind of wish that less movies received sequels.

I can't tell if that's a serious comment.

But really, if that's true, it's a horrible excuse.

I'm pretty sure it's just Hollywood just cashing in on things.

You can never really run out of things to make a story about.

Иeptune said:
they've covered pretty much everything

there's not much left to do but make adaptions and make sequels
Weren't you the one who held off on seeing Pacific Rim to go see sequels to other movies instead?

GalacticPetey said:
So you complain about there not being enough original content but don't support the original content when it comes out.
>kaijus fight giant robots

maybe original ip, but certainly not original content

^that's exactly it, everything has been covered now, there's not much to do now but make adaptions of movies and create sequels or prequels.

if you come out with an original movie, it's going to have something that's already been used. I don't blame Hollywood, they've covered everything they need to. it's a fact that they're ran out of originality. facts are laws. laws like the three laws of thermodynamics. can you complain about it? no, it's a law. complain-free zone.

I guess they're going with the plotline presented in the very last segment of the movie, idk what else they'd go with.

Meloetta said:
I guess they're going with the plotline presented in the very last segment of the movie, idk what else they'd go with.
That does sound interesting.

Иeptune said:
^that's exactly it, everything has been covered now, there's not much to do now but make adaptions of movies and create sequels or prequels.

if you come out with an original movie, it's going to have something that's already been used. I don't blame Hollywood, they've covered everything they need to. it's a fact that they're ran out of originality. facts are laws. laws like the three laws of thermodynamics. can you complain about it? no, it's a law. complain-free zone.
You sound like that one writer in that "What One Can Invent" fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson. :P

Maᴙio said:
Иeptune said:

You sound like that one writer in that "What One Can Invent" fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson. :P
no idea what that means, but I'll take it as a compliment, so cheers I supposed

Yoshi K said:
Bump. I think Emmet and his friends would have to fight off the Duplo.

Also, I counted, perhaps wrongly. There are nine main characters and by the end they are all Emmet and friends! Here's a list of them.
  • Emmet
  • Wyldstyle/Lucy
  • Unikitty
  • Batman
  • Vitruvius/Ghost Vitruvius
  • Benny
  • MetalBeard
  • Good Cop/Bad Cop
  • President Business/Lord Business

Back