Buying DLC Packs

fkasmani

The Super Mario Galaxy fan
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a Nintendo Wii U/3DS prepaid card $10 USA (http://cardscodes.com/Nintendo_Wii_U3DS_prepaid_card_10_USA-255.html) but am a bit concerned about a thing or two.

Firstly, I'm a Canadian, so will the USA cards work?
Secondly, is there a time limit on the cards? I'm currently on holiday and am returning home after 2 months. If I buy the card now, will it be valid for use then?

Thanks in anticipation.

I believe USA prepaid cards work in Canada.

There is no time-limit on prepaid cards.

mario golf

i can confirm shy guy's post that yes all prepaid cards will work, as long as theyre from anywhere in north america, and no there is no time limit, unless you are getting something like a prepaid vanilla visa/mastercard, then they will have a time limit when you activate them. nintendo eshop cards do not have a time limit

I bought one eshop card and upon entering the card number into the 3DS, I was given the error saying ¨the region is incorrect.¨
My 3DS is configured to Canadian region and card purchased is US.

Would really appreciate some guidance on how to get it to work.

Thanks in anticipation.

fkasmani said:
I bought one eshop card and upon entering the card number into the 3DS, I was given the error saying ¨the region is incorrect.¨
My 3DS is configured to Canadian region and card purchased is US.

Would really appreciate some guidance on how to get it to work.

Thanks in anticipation.

US eShop cards only work in the USA, says on the back of them "Valid for use in the United States only".

So, you can't get it to work, sorry.

that is rather odd, i do remember buying one in seattle (it was the only one nintendo eshop card i bought, and im canadian) and it worked fine. maybe they released an update that patched it?
you could try changing your region to the usa and using it, and once funds are added, change it back to canada?

Ritsu Tainaka said:
you could try changing your region to the usa and using it, and once funds are added, change it back to canada?
While that does add your funds to your account, funds are stored per-region. Changing it to Canada after adding it to US, the funds will not carry over, but remain on USA. Therefore, you should first purchase your things before switching back.

Note that the US and Canadian eShops may sell different things. Some games might not be available in the USA, but do are in Canada, or vice versa.

(Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for losses of funds that actually get erased when switching regions instead of remaining.)

you can't change the region on your 3DS anymore

well, you can, but if you do, you won't be able to use the eShop.

Aiko Heiwa said:

I changed my region to spain when I was there for vacation some months ago and the eshop still worked, as well as it still showed my balance and my purchased items.

That was before the NNetwork merge though.

MidnaFreak said:
Aiko Heiwa said:

I changed my region to spain when I was there for vacation some months ago and the eshop still worked, as well as it still showed my balance and my purchased items.

That was before the NNetwork merge though.
Exactly before NNIDs were added to the 3DS.

Now when you try and change your region, you're given a warning that changing your region means you won't be able to use things that require a NNID, such as the eShop.

This is what the seller says
you have bought $10 code for the U.S accounts only,make sure that your Nintendo account is registered with USA address

Looks like I lost some money :'(

Anyone interested in exchanging?

Back