Fantasy Life

Icemario

Star Spirit
A bit surprised there isn't a thread for this yet, since this has been a thing since E3 2014 and it looks pretty amazing. If you haven't seen it yet, I'd let the videos explain for me:

It comes out in late September/October for Europe and North America respectively, so I'm looking forward to it.

So am I. Don't know when I will get it though. The whole idea really appeals to me. This game was the third best thing Nintendo revealed at E3 (Zelda U and Captain Toad game being 2nd and third).

I feel I should also add Nobuo Uematsu (famous video game composer, does a lot of Final Fantasy music) did the music for this game, which bodes well.

DragonFreak said:
So am I. Don't know when I will get it though. The whole idea really appeals to me. This game was the third best thing Nintendo revealed at E3 (Zelda U and Captain Toad game being 2nd and third).

Same, somehow I've watched both of the English gameplay videos like eight times at this point and it's still intriguing to watch for me. Personally, it was easily the first because almost everything they showed at E3 was on a console I'm not getting for quite some time.

Tsumugi Kotobuki said:
I remember watching some videos of the japanese version last year. Looks like fun.

Yeah, though I'm kind of jealous the Japanese got games like this early. Thankfully it's coming here at all, at least.

New trailer, if it isn't already confirmed multiplayer is in the game.

Looks like it has a lot of potential. I'm a bit cautious about how much it claims to offer though. If a game offers about 10 different ways of playing it, chances are each of them is going to be of lower quality than if there was just 1.

I'm ashamed of you, Mr. 876, you forgot about the overview trailer from the United Kingdom Nintendo channel.

LinnyC said:
Looks like it has a lot of potential. I'm a bit cautious about how much it claims to offer though. If a game offers about 10 different ways of playing it, chances are each of them is going to be of lower quality than if there was just 1.

That's a possible scenario, but one I really doubt will happen with this game because it's looking very polished. Plus, in reality there are only three ways to play, but four varieties of each way to play.

Azusa Nakano said:
I'm ashamed of you, Mr. 876, you forgot about the overview trailer from the United Kingdom Nintendo channel.

Not my fault it didn't show up in my subscription feed, despite being subbed to Nintendo UK.

It's out everywhere now, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I got it yesterday. Pretty slow start and combat initially felt stiff, but after an hour and a half or so of playing the game, it's opened up a fair bit and I'm having a fun time now.

I also almost got wrecked because I fought some Road Runners near the Napdragon and accidentally spun attack the beast, so don't do that if you like your Life.

Robin said:
I also almost got wrecked because I fought some Road Runners near the Napdragon and accidentally spun attack the beast, so don't do that if you like your Life.
what if i don't like my life

Robin said:
You change it to a Life you do like at the Guild Office. :dk:
ice plz

i'm not a functioning human being i'm too tired to be one
so please excuse my lack of capitalization because that's what i mean

wow, this thread never really went anywhere

been playing since christmas and it's a whole lot of fun

Tsnowmugi Coaltobuki said:
wow, this thread never really went anywhere
Well, back then I was the only one here who seemed to own the game.

I've started playing this again now that more people picked it up again, and it's still very enjoyable.

Hunter and Magician (I'm torn) are currently my favourite Lives because I like the range of options they have, while Angler is probably my least favourite Life because I dislike the RNG (it hates me) involved with getting particular fish.

And I can say from experience Mercenary is definitely the best Life for taking out bounty bosses once you unlock most of their main combo, though it's too bad you aren't tasked to kill some bounty bosses as them.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/13/level-5-vision-taking-place-on-april-7th-and-will-showcase-new-games/

the article said:
Respected developer Level 5 will be holding a showcase in Japan on April 7th from 6PM to 7.30PM JST. There will be a number of new Level 5 titles shown off including Fantasy Life 2, Yokai Watch 3, and Layton 7. There will also be showing the next cross-media franchise teased last year by Akihiro Hino and also a major collaboration title.

I wasn't prepared for this, I have no emotive words.

wow okay

guess this means more motivation to play the first one so I can understand the second

Nibbs said:
I actually thought it was just going to be a one off "franchise".
Same, I didn't expect sequels to be things.

Especially with how they were using DLC.

Nibbs said:
I actually thought it was just going to be a one off "franchise". Honestly, I will probably won't play it anytime unless they can bring some really cool and new stuff into the sequel.
Agreed, might still pick up the first if I get the cash and there's nothing else I immediately want in the vicinity.

lol i still havent opened this game yet since about a month ago but from what i hear its pretty great
i should play it soon
i hear its like animal crossing but more rpgish and ppl can still visit each others towns

I peeked at the showcase stream, and waited for Fantasy Life 2 to show up.

It was quite disappointing; it's not even a 3DS game, it's for iOS or Android. That pretty much killed any interest I had in this.

Back