"Looks like they had no choice": Shulk Discussion Thread

Lumastar

Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
main.png

Welcome to the official home for Shulk in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Give you thoughts on Shulk, including his potential, how he will play, and how much you want him in as a playable character.

This thread will be updated after the trailer whether Shulk is revealed or not.

Update: Shulk has been confirmed!

Re: Monado Monday: Shulk Discussion Thread

It wasn't Shulk.

Re: Shulk, Meet Keldeo: Shulk Discussion Thread

Even though I've never played his games, Shulk looks incredibly interesting.

He was basically the only other character (Robin was the first) I actually really wanted in Smash. I'm satisfied now.

I don't really know about him much, but he looks like a fun character to play and he's pretty cool. I am glad he's in Smash Bros. This also pretty much confirms the leak is real.

Glitchy said:
This also pretty much confirms the leak is real.

Not necessarily, that's only one character who had a very strong chance of being in anyway.

Nah, the leak confirms everything. The models are even the same.

Ninelevendo said:
Nah, the leak confirms everything. The models are even the same.

You're right, a while after saying that I cross-examined them and they were identical. I even saw Shulk switching between the Monado arts.

Poor Bowser, defeated by a butterfly.

Shulk looks to be a very interesting character. I'll definitely look into playing as him.

Also, the artwork is identical to the leak. If anyone is still in denial they're just ignorant.

GalacticPetey said:
Shulk looks to be a very interesting character. I'll definitely look into playing as him.

Also, the artwork is identical to the leak. If anyone is still in denial they're just ignorant.
Plus most of the retro stages have been shown. I will be upset if there is really only a couple of new stages left, but at least they made mostly good choices (I don't mind Mushroomy Kingdom so much since the new Mario stages all look great, but I'm still upset that they chose it over Luigi's Mansion).

Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:

Plus most of the retro stages have been shown. I will be upset if there is really only a couple of new stages left, but at least they made mostly good choices (I don't mind Mushroomy Kingdom so much since the new Mario stages all look great, but I'm still upset that they chose it over Luigi's Mansion).
I hope we get some N64 stages

supermariofan said:
Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:

I hope we get some N64 stages
Keep dreaming.

If there are more stages in the 3DS version, I would rather have new stages. Now about that Gaur Plain...

you're mistaking Hyrule Castle with Temple

I thought the villain at the end of the trailer was Robotnik or Dr.Willy riding on some airplane/machine-thing.

Then it was revealed to be a character who is less familiar to me.

Can someone answer this if they can?

Can Shulk see the future?
Was Bowser looking for him?

yoshiking14x said:
I thought the villain at the end of the trailer was Robotnik or Dr.Willy riding on some airplane/machine-thing.

1. He can through the power of the Monado. It appears in the game as a counter.
2. The CGI part of the trailer may have taken place during a four player match, so it is likely that Bowser was trying to look for his opponents (Shulk, Link, and Marth).

yoshiking14x said:

1. That's (one of) the main villains of Shulk's game, Metal Face. He's more intimidating than he sounds.
2. Yep. The Monado (Shulk's sword) gives him a bunch of fancy powers, including to get small glimpses of the future whenever the plot demands it.
3. Probably. It was more of an excuse to show off one of Shulk's moves, which gains power if used on an enemy's back.

Back