Theory on what type the next Eeveelution will be.

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
There have been two sets of Eeveelutions in the past generations. The first set was Espeon and Umbreon, and the second set was Glaceon and Leafeon. Now both these sets feature types that are opposite to one another. And it seems that if this trend continues, that an opposite type of Sylveon will be the next Eeveelution. And by opposite type, I mean a type that Sylveon is either super effective against, or weak to.

In that case, the four types possible (note does not include dark, because Umbreon), would be Fighting, Poison, Steel, and, my favorite possibility, Dragon. I predict that the next Eeveelution would be one of those four types.

Alumeon would be punnier.

I am a bit worried that they might not make any more Eeveelutions. I feel that Sylveon was special because they were introducing a new type, and a new system of interacting with your Pokemon. I really want to see more Eeveelutions, so I hope I'm wrong.

Draceon better become real though. :P

Tsumugi Kotobuki said:
yeah but then i couldn't name it steve the steeveon
ha

But yeah steel type eeveelution would be the best thing, no personal bias at all nope

Steel type would be pretty cool, but I hope for Dragon type more {obviously).

Not BMB said:
I am a bit worried that they might not make any more Eeveelutions. I feel that Sylveon was special because they were introducing a new type, and a new system of interacting with your Pokemon. I really want to see more Eeveelutions, so I hope I'm wrong.
Here's how I look at it: They introduce new Eeveelutions and Gens II and IV, so maybe if they keep a pattern of introducing more every two gens. Which Sylveon being (hopefully) the first of possibly two from Gen VI.

Also, GameFreak probably knows just how popular the Eeveelutions are. If they ever want fans to get really excited, they may make new Eeveelutions.

Toothless said:

Not BMB said:
Here's how I look at it: They introduce new Eeveelutions and Gens II and IV, so maybe if they keep a pattern of introducing more every two gens. Which Sylveon being (hopefully) the first of possibly two from Gen VI.

Also, GameFreak probably knows just how popular the Eeveelutions are. If they ever want fans to get really excited, they may make new Eeveelutions.

I don't think they would add a new Eeveelution in gen VI because they don't add Pokémon in remakes and Eeveelutions are not legendaries.

Beside this, I want a Poison because Poison type has lots of terrible Pokémon.

I'd personally like to see some kind of awesome Flying-type one with a cool set of wings.

Other than that, Dragon and Poison seem like good choices.

Viridi said:
I'd personally like to see some kind of awesome Flying-type one with a cool set of wings.
Before Fairy types existed, I really though Sylveon would be a Flying type and the ribbons help them fly.

Maybe the dragon type could have cool looking wings.

Cirdec said:
Toothless said:

Not BMB said:

I don't think they would add a new Eeveelution in gen VI because they don't add Pokémon in remakes and Eeveelutions are not legendaries.

Why has there not been a Poison-type Legendary Pokémon in the past six generations? We even have TWO Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon this generation despite the type just being introduced. Unless Zygarde's new forme/Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion/whatever is Poison-type, then Poison will be the only type by the end of the generation to not have at least one Legendary Pokémon associated with it.

Lumastar said:
Cirdec said:
Toothless said:

Not BMB said:

Why has there not been a Poison-type Legendary Pokémon in the past six generations? We even have TWO Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon this generation despite the type just being introduced. Unless Zygarde's new forme/Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion/whatever is Poison-type, then Poison will be the only type by the end of the generation to not have at least one Legendary Pokémon associated with it.

Yes, and also beside Mega Gengar, Mega Venasaur and Scolipede, all poison type suck.

Lumastar said:
Arceus-poison
I don't particularly care for the Poison type, but it is horribly underpowered.

Vommack said:
Lumastar said:
Arceus-poison
I don't particularly care for the Poison type, but it is horribly underpowered.
Arceus doesn't count since it can become any type. The Sacred Swords and Genesect were the first Fighting and Bug-type Legendaries, respectively, when they debuted in Generation V, leaving the Poison-type alone. When Generation VI began, the new Fairy-type got two Legendary Pokémon while the Poison-type was ignored. A Poison-type Legendary Pokémon is long overdue. Hopefully we will get one in Generation VII.

Hm, as for an Eeveelution I'd like to see... I kind of had this idea for a long time, but I only came up with it just so I could have like the perfect defensive synergy core with my Umbreon. :P

Name: Veneon (Comes from Venom + Eon)
Type: Poison
Ability: Levitate
Hidden Ability: Infiltrator
Movepool? Somewhat similar to Umbreon's, as in getting those "mischievous" annoying moves, like Taunt, Torment, Mean Look, etc. (not Moonlight though lol)
But also has some of its own Poison type moves, like Acid Spray, Toxic Spikes and the obvious Toxic (which would not miss due to Poison types having 100% accuracy on Toxic)

Now, note that all Eeveelutions have a BST of 525, and they all have the same base stats, but distributed in different areas. As in, there is:
1 stat of base 130
1 stat of base 110
1 stat of base 95
2 stats of base 65
1 stat of base 60

So, I was thinking of this...
Base 110 HP (No other Eeveelution has a base HP of this for the record)
Base 60 Attack
Base 130 Def (Just like Leafeon)
Base 65 SpA
Base 65 SpD
Base 95 Speed (Also just like Leafeon)

So it's not really meant to attack, but like I said, I do want it to have that perfect synergy with Umbreon (Veneon would resist all of Umbreon's weaknesses which are Fighting, Bug and Fairy; Umbreon is immune to Psychic and Veneon's Levitate would make it immune to Ground).

I was thinking of a set, like Acid Spray/Toxic (or Toxic Spikes)/Taunt/Protect. Although it is pretty much Taunt bait itself, it does outspeed many other walls/tanks with Taunt (such as Mandibuzz, Jellicent, speed ties with Gliscor and is outsped by other (Prankster) Taunt users like Crobat, Whimsicott, Serperior, and Tornadus(-T?). [I don't know Gen 5 too well so correct me if I'm wrong lol]

It would lack options against opposing Poison-types and Steel-types, however.

Its main role would be to spread around Toxic and stall. Umbreon and Veneon can keep switching into each other's weaknesses, while the former can provide healing with Wish.

Not exactly the best Pokemon or Eeveelution, but eh.

I was also thinking of a Mega Eevee (that remains a Normal type) and has its BST increased by 200 (which would be the exception to Mega Evolutions since their BST increases by 100) like its other Eeveelutions when they evolve. Most likely as a physical sweeper though (since many Eevees already have higher SpA; Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Glaceon and Sylveon are all Specially based).

Then again, I suppose a Dragon type Eevee could suffice as the "physical sweeper" Eevee. =P

Let's get a Normal type eeveelution; Eeveeon (or a better name, i don't give a fuck what it's called)

I don't think you understand; I want this so bad, even more than any of the other types that are missing.

Timmy said:
Hm, as for an Eeveelution I'd like to see... I kind of had this idea for a long time, but I only came up with it just so I could have like the perfect defensive synergy core with my Umbreon. :P

Name: Veneon (Comes from Venom + Eon)
Type: Poison
Ability: Levitate
Hidden Ability: Infiltrator
Movepool? Somewhat similar to Umbreon's, as in getting those "mischievous" annoying moves, like Taunt, Torment, Mean Look, etc. (not Moonlight though lol)
But also has some of its own Poison type moves, like Acid Spray, Toxic Spikes and the obvious Toxic (which would not miss due to Poison types having 100% accuracy on Toxic)

Now, note that all Eeveelutions have a BST of 525, and they all have the same base stats, but distributed in different areas. As in, there is:
1 stat of base 130
1 stat of base 110
1 stat of base 95
2 stats of base 65
1 stat of base 60

So, I was thinking of this...
Base 110 HP (No other Eeveelution has a base HP of this for the record)
Base 60 Attack
Base 130 Def (Just like Leafeon)
Base 65 SpA
Base 65 SpD
Base 95 Speed (Also just like Leafeon)

So it's not really meant to attack, but like I said, I do want it to have that perfect synergy with Umbreon (Veneon would resist all of Umbreon's weaknesses which are Fighting, Bug and Fairy; Umbreon is immune to Psychic and Veneon's Levitate would make it immune to Ground).

I was thinking of a set, like Acid Spray/Toxic (or Toxic Spikes)/Taunt/Protect. Although it is pretty much Taunt bait itself, it does outspeed many other walls/tanks with Taunt (such as Mandibuzz, Jellicent, speed ties with Gliscor and is outsped by other (Prankster) Taunt users like Crobat, Whimsicott, Serperior, and Tornadus(-T?). [I don't know Gen 5 too well so correct me if I'm wrong lol]

It would lack options against opposing Poison-types and Steel-types, however.

Its main role would be to spread around Toxic and stall. Umbreon and Veneon can keep switching into each other's weaknesses, while the former can provide healing with Wish.

Not exactly the best Pokemon or Eeveelution, but eh.

I was also thinking of a Mega Eevee (that remains a Normal type) and has its BST increased by 200 (which would be the exception to Mega Evolutions since their BST increases by 100) like its other Eeveelutions when they evolve. Most likely as a physical sweeper though (since many Eevees already have higher SpA; Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Glaceon and Sylveon are all Specially based).

Then again, I suppose a Dragon type Eevee could suffice as the "physical sweeper" Eevee. =P

That's good but I doubt a Poison eeveelution would get Levitate. A good new ability would be better.

DragonFreak said:
Mio Akiyama said:
It'd be interesting to see what they could do with an unexpected choice for an eeveelution.
i see. I don't know how normal types work because I have never used one besides Eevee lol.
They get a lot of moves and have stats to use them, but due to typing don't resist anything.

A Frank Clone said:
DragonFreak said:
Mio Akiyama said:
It'd be interesting to see what they could do with an unexpected choice for an eeveelution.
i see. I don't know how normal types work because I have never used one besides Eevee lol.
They get a lot of moves and have stats to use them, but due to typing don't resist anything.

Immune to ghost.

Back