Let's draw Shy Guy's face

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
Watch this:
If you pause at the moment Shy Guy is on the ground after losing his mask, look where his face should be and you will see part of it. It is pitch-black, and you can also see that the body is pitch-black inside the robe. This, along with the fact that the mask holes are only black when Shy Guy is wearing it, would suggest that Shy Guy is a pitch-black body. In Luigi's mansion, you can see an unmasked Ghost Shy Guy(the eyes are only yellow because they're ghosts) and their eyes are shaped like long, skinny ovals. That would give me the idea that living Shy Guys have eyes like that(Only black). I will later submit a picture of what I think a Shy Guy looks like without its mask to deviantART and show it on here. I would like to see your fan-made drawings.

Re: My theory of Shy Guy's true face.

I believe that their faces are concealed more than they should due to Kamek's magic.

Hello, there! I'm new (just joined).

Your theory is one that I've speculated for a couple of months now, and, while I think that it's plausible that they have entirely black bodies, I think that this darkness is more meant to be a cover up by Nintendo to keep us continually guessing as to what a Shy Guy looks like. Now, a Shy Guy's real skin color is completely lost on me, but I do believe that Shy Guys have golden eyes (ala Shy Ghosts in Luigi's Mansion) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5hpvLoP7EA
It's not much, but it's what I have to go on. Other than the black color, what other skin color would a Shy Guy likely have?

As for drawing one, I happen to be making a fanfiction that addresses this down the line, and I've drawn it many times. I can't speak about my interpretation yet, but I believe that whatever he is hiding, it isn't all that adorable to look at. :bowser:

Back