Don't look at this. This was back when I was stupid.

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
Why would you guys be here? This is back when I acted like an idiot. I'm a better person now, find another thread that isn't dead.

Re: Musical artists that you hate

Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, and Nicki Minaj.

I really don't understand all the Nickelback hate. I don't love them, but I don't despise them either.

Anyways, I'll just be boring and go with the usual suspects. Beiber, Cyrus, West, Minaj, Gaga, etc.

The usuals, Justin Beiber, Nicki Manaj, Lady Gaga, One Direction. It's only the lyrics or the singers themselves that ruin it though, the instrumentals are pretty good.

Basically all those pop artists who act like asses at one point. Since I know only one, it's Justin Bieber

Good lord I'm not into this weirdo pop culture

basically all of this R&B mixed pop genre shit

pop's good when it's done the way of take that's new take on it, and heck, nostalgia was good for it too, but when you get bieber, minaj, 1D, Cyrus, West and all those guys doing the shit that they're doing, you just hope that rock will shine down from the heavens and rain terror on them all

i'm more into alternative stuff myself, such as muse, the killers, elbow, paramore, and even a few songs from soundgarden have caught my eye. That Chris Cornell sure can sing.

How about you talk about why you hate Nickelback? Like I said, I really don't understand the mass-hate around them.

Eh. They're no where near the top of my list, but the whole "worst band ever" thing is blowing it waaaay out of proportion.

If nothing else, Nickelback is better than this *bleep*

Bieber, I hate the music and the person. I also generally hate rappers, some songs are alright, but that's as good as it gets for me.

Are we talking about artists we hate for their music or them as people?

BVB Guy said:
Alright, what do we all hate? Well anyway, I cannot stand Nickelback, Creed, Hinder, Jane's Addiction, 80s glam "metal" bands, Insane Clown Posse, Yo Gotti, Lil' Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Icona Pop, Miley Cyrus, Florida Georgia Line, Kid Rock, any modern country music.

Could you explain your hatred of Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus? They're a couple of my more favorite artists, Gaga in particular, and most of the hate I've seen towards her has been either through some flavor of homophobia or internalized homophobia, some flavor of misogynist who hates when women express themselves or enjoy slut-shaming those who are a bit more provocative, being a rabid fan of another pop artist (i.e. Lana Del Rey, Katy Perry, etc.) and are therefore quite territorial, the generic and predictable unreasonable distaste of cliquey middle- and highschoolers because the artist represents a group of people that they also unreasonably don't like, or simply because it's trendy and their friends basically peer-pressured them to share their opinions without any basis.

If it's none of those, I'm very curious because you'd be quite a unique example.

As for

BVB Guy said:
I hate Icona Pop because it's like a mixture of P!nk and Blood on the Dance Floor. I have a tough time understanding how my parents can stand it and why my sister likes it. I mean, I can understand Katy Perry, and yes, even "Baby" by Justin Beiber(The only problem I would have with Beibs would be his auto-tune, his behavior sometimes, the fact he did songs with Lil' Wayne(even though he's less annoying in his collaborations, he wasn't as bad in the stupid Limp Bizkit song for instance) and Nicki Minaj(Wipe this bitch out of pop-culture, seriously.), and having to hear him too much.) but "I Don't Care (I Love It) is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

"I Love It" is a song that Icona Pop never expected to gain popularity but that's what the trend in dance music was at the time. That song is probably unique in sound compared to the rest of their discography. I like it for what it is, it's got a good beat and sounds good to me. In addition, hoooow can you tolerate Katy Perry, but hate Lady Gaga and other top-rated pop singers of the time? Katy Perry's lyrics are full of overused idioms and catchphrases and shit, especially her recent album.

Also, why is Nicki a "bitch" and why does she need to be wiped out of pop culture?

As for the music you seem to listen to, I don't think anyone legitimately hears it outside of Hot Topic and the garages of 9th grader kids going through a tough guy phase. Anything associated with "badass" highschool phases I find just completely deplorable, as is the attitude that anything that's seen as popular is automatically shit.

Pittoo (Dark Pit) said:
The usuals, Justin Beiber, Nicki Manaj, Lady Gaga, One Direction. It's only the lyrics or the singers themselves that ruin it though, the instrumentals are pretty good.

I can't really argue for Nicki with her lyrics since they can be raunchy and therefore niche, as well as Bieber and One Direction since I don't listen to them, but what about Lady Gaga's lyrics or personality that you don't like?

Vommack said:
Anyways, I'll just be boring and go with the usual suspects. Beiber, Cyrus, West, Minaj, Gaga, etc.

Why are they the usual suspects; is it because it's trendy to hate on them?

As for artists I hate, I don't really...have an abject hatred towards any I guess? As it is with songs I like, songs I dislike are also on an individual basis, so I can absolutely hate one song by an artist and completely be in love with another. I try not to hate genres as a whole because doing so is kinda completely fucking ignorant and stubborn and childish. Try things out. If you don't like that one, that's fine, and then move on. There's something out there for everyone, and because of that there's something out there for everyone to hate. If you don't like what's on the radio, just turn the station. If you're gonna be a generic 14 year old boy who's going through the Pissy Shit phase or Suddenly Only Wears Black phase (that's what I went through~), and say that the radio as a whole sucks, then get SiriusXM which has a wider variety and is thus more customizable. That's what I have and it's helped introduce me to some electronic and dance artists that are pretty nifty. If SiriusXM is unavailable to you because you're one of those 14 year olds I'm speaking of, or don't have the funds, or some other reason, go and get Pandora. If not that then bounce around YouTube. There are so many options out there to find music that you like that I just can't understand how anyone can even become obsessed enough and listen to something they don't like long enough to form a negative opinion.

Per Anton. I don't really hate any musician's music.

I'm also surprised at the hatred for Lady Gaga. I like her music. She reminds me of Madonna.

i don't like iggy azaela or whatever her name is

The only ones I'd say I outright hate are Justin Bieber, Chris Brown etc. - but that's mostly because they're bad people. You could probably group Robin Thicke in there as well. Otherwise, I'm not too fond of much music these days, but I don't really hate the artists because of that.

Yeah, there are some bad people among recent musicians, just like there was before recent times.

I won't really hate someone for their music. If I don't like their music, then whatever. Not everyone's gonna like the same music.

But if they're horrible people, that's when I have problems. I don't give a shit about Beiber's music, but every time I see the latest bullshit he did, that's when I really start hating him.

Beiber and Thicke come to mind
Not only is their music shit, but they are shitty people as well.

I did not like Roar. The lyrics are so cheesy and cliché. It's like the writer looked up famous quotes and picked ones that rhymed.

Also, I'm getting a slut-shaming vibe from your counterpoint.

GalacticPetey said:
But if they're horrible people, that's when I have problems. I don't give a *bleep* about Beiber's music, but every time I see the latest bull*bleep* he did, that's when I really start hating him.

That's the main reason I hate Bieber

Other than that I don't really give a ---- about music I don't even listen to at all unless it gets forced onto me.

BVB Guy said:
Magikrazy said:
Per Anton. I don't really hate any musician's music.

I'm also surprised at the hatred for Lady Gaga. I like her music. She reminds me of Madonna.
Иeptune said:
i love gaga, she's just so wild
Yeah, isn't she creative? Not. Wearing a trash-bag(Now that's what I call "white trash!"), acting like a slut, wearing a meat dress, wearing a bubble dress, and having a bad haircut? I've seen crazier shit than that.Jeffree Star or whoever he is(I can't stand his music either) and Marilyn Manson(I only like certain stuff he made) were a bunch more fucked up. Gaga is not original and her freaking stage name is just so bad that it makes me cringe. I can see why one would like "Applause" though because I used to kinda like it. I still never liked any of her other stuff. It's weird and I like weird, but that's not the good type of weird. It's the type that makes me feel weird, as in having a headache and making my stomach not feel good.

BVB Guy said:
Morty said:
My giant quote
Miley Cyrus is just a pop princess who thinks she's a badass for writing about doing cocaine and being a whore. Now Nicki made a (horrible) song calling out someone who was influential to female hip-hop and she just acts like a slut. I see nothing appealing about that. As for Icona Pop, it's no wonder that "I Love It" was never expected to gain popularity. The lyrics are so terrible and I don't see why it was put on the radio. It should have stayed underground with Blood On the Dance Floor(Never listen to them) and garbage like that. I don't get why anyone would like their lyrics or their sound. I don't even hear much in the beat. The Eurythmics is a much better example of electropop/dance music. I can tolerate Katy Perry because I have respect for my sister being a MAJOR fan of it. I also like "Roar" because of the guitar and beat. I also like Katy's singing. However, I'm not fond of how she recycled the beat for that "I wanna see you be brave" song though, that's even crappier than what Creed did for their 'individual' songs. If she really does make songs about this failed relationship, then that would mean that she's your basic pop princess. I've never heard a full album by her though to be honest, just what comes on the radio. And no, I am not homophobic, I just don't like Gaga much for some reason. I don't think the "Applause" lyrics are that great(but it actually sounds kinda cool though, I'll admit that). I don't like Gaga's performances because it makes her look like a slut. I am not into slutty pop princesses. No Brittney Spears, no Lady Gaga, no Nicki Minaj, and no Miley Cyrus for me. Granted, Katy Perry does fall into that category, but why are people describing as if she's the worst? And by the way, I'm not going to shut every door. There may be something in every genre of music. For example, I can't stand Lil' Wayne, Yo Gotti, Nicki Minaj, or Ace Hood, but I don't have a problem with Drake(His music ain't the best out there in my opinion, though I can see why some would deem his songs "relatable" and he doesn't have an annoying voice with too much auto-tune.) and I like Eminem(His beats kick ass and his fast rapping is cool. Some of his songs even have decent meaning to them.) I can be pretty fickle with the music I like, but I love music. I'll even say that I could probably even find something good about every music artist I just named.

So yeah you answered my question for me, I'm gonna categorize your hatred of Lady Gaga under "some flavor of misogynist who hates when women express themselves or enjoy slut-shaming those who are a bit more provocative", good job showing your true fedora. Your opinion of her creativity also leads me to believe that you actually don't know a damn thing about what you're talking about, so before you make a larger ass of yourself by spewing sexist vitriol you should just end this entire line of discussion. If you're literally getting stomachaches by listening to pop music then there's legitimately something wrong with you besides having an immature thought-process.

Back