Character Moveset Speculation: Wario

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Same as before, come up with character movesets. Don't have to be too detailed, just make sure you suggest a character that has a workable moveset, and try to be descriptive with how you think the moveset would work. Not meant to be a debate about who'd get in or not, just something for fun.

So this time for Wario characters, or characters more closely associated with Wario and his games then Mario. You know, I always thought it was weird how they waited until Super Smash Bros. Brawl to include Wario, similar to Little Mac. I guess with Little Mac, it's more understandable, but I figured Wario was a major enough character that he'd be there at least since Melee. This is kind of why I preferred Brawl to Melee for the longest time, though even then, I would have preferred it if they didn't overemphasis the WarioWare series. Don't get me wrong, I think the WarioWare games are fun, but Wario HAS been in video games before that. I'd like a little more representation in that department, please? And also that Wario's movements weren't so Mr. Game & Watch-like jerky.

With that in mind, my most-wanted Wario character would be Captain Syrup the most recurring character in the Wario Land series, being the main antagonist of the first two Wario Land games, and as supporting character in Wario Land: Shake It!
(before swiping the treasure Wairo worked hard to get from under his nose at the very end, anyway)
I have my doubts that she'd be even mentioned in the new game, let alone a playable character, but even still, she's probably the only Wario character I'd like to see playable (aside from Waluigi, who's only a "Wario" character by being paired with him in Mario spin-offs, and maybe Ashley both of whom are Assist Trophies). I should probably straight up admit I haven't played THAT many Wario Land games, though I know enough about her to think of some interesting moves at least. For example, I could see either her neutral or side special move being summoning a Pirate Goom or a Bandinero, which would land on the ground , wander around, then charge at whatever nearby opponent. They can also be attacked, which makes them dizzy; in this state, you can pick them up and throw them like items. She also uses bombs. Yeah, a lot of characters seem to have bombs as a suggested attack, but it really is one of her main attacks in the games she's from. Her Final Smash would be summoning Denpū, the genie she has in Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (who was also the final boss of that game), and she'd basically use him to attack while staying safely on him; he'd float around, throwing fireballs, etc.

Like I said, I can't think of that many characters to suggest or ones that I'd really want. Oh sure, it'd be cool if Jimmy T., Mona, or Kat & Ana or someone else from the WarioWare games were playable, but I literally can't think of good movesets for any of them. Call me uncreative in that regard, but really, I just don't want them that badly.

So yeah, this is probably the shortest one of these I'm going to do. enjoy it while it lasts.

I do think Captain Syrup would be a good idea. Or some other characters from the Wario Land series on there. I also kind of want Princess Shokora from Wario Land 4, but yeah, I doubt that is going to happen. Or even Rudy the Clown as like a stage hazard.

Back