Something I have to say about this review of NES Remix 2

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-axtqspZw8

I think people are starting to misunderstand what type of game this is. Especially considering that someone in the comments just said that it should feature nothing but remixes and that even if they are used to help the player learn the games' mechanics and whatnot, they should just buy the individual games. NES games cost $5 each on the eshop. Are you really suggesting that they spend $60 just so they can gain the skills to play a $15 game? And $90 for the original NES Remix? And even if the real games are cheaper, still. Why should they have to go through all of that trouble? With that being said, the regular challenges aren't just to teach you the game's mechanics, they are meant to also showcase the main highlights of those games.

Also, this game series is not meant to just be fanservice or only appeal to the players who played these games back in the day. It is meant to be nintendo retro gaming journey for those who never played any or most of the games featured, and maybe even hook them into wanting to play the full game OR a nostalgia trip for those who already did. Heck, the website even says "Whether you grew up with games like The Legend of Zelda™ and Super Mario Bros.™, or you're playing them for the first time, this is your chance to see what made them legends.".

Take me as an example of the "Nintendo retro gaming journey". I had no interest in most of these games. However, NES Remix allowed me to experience the greatest parts of these games and even made me want to play the full versions. The remix stages were an added bonus.

Also, I see that they are complaining about filler content. Well, if the two games were centered around nothing but remixes, I am pretty sure that a vast majority of those remixes would be just filler content. Especially considering that quite a few of them are just special effects that don't effect the games in any way.

In addition, why is this all of a sudden being brought up? Didn't the first game work this way too? It's one thing to complain about a way a game works, but for this to already have been present in its predecessor and you pick to complain about it now is another.

Chillv please understand that people can see games in different ways. It seems that you are against anyone who syas bad things Nintendo and you think every game by Nintendo is perfect and everything else sucks. It's not the way you should see gaming or our Earth as a whole. Please stop being a fanboy and start repecting the entire gaming community

With that out of the way, I leave with this:

NSY said:
Chillv please understand that people can see games in different ways. It seems that you are against anyone who syas bad things Nintendo and you think every game by Nintendo is perfect and everything else sucks. It's not the way you should see gaming or our Earth as a whole. Please stop being a fanboy and start repecting the entire gaming community

With that out of the way, I leave with this:
I was going to make a long winded response to this, but I will just leave you with this.

Whatever, plus I already saw that review. I watched it again, but all I see is unconstructive criticism, bias and ridiculous nitpicking.

Y'know, I notice you say "whatever" a lot, especially when people disagree with you.

How about backing up your opinions in a way that's respectful and invites discussion, hm?

Amphituber said:
Y'know, I notice you say "whatever" a lot, especially when people disagree with you.

How about backing up your opinions in a way that's respectful and invites discussion, hm?

Because it's arguing and didn't lead to anything productive whenever I did do so. Also, this was really just a vent thread. But either way, what is the point if it isn't going to lead to anything. Plus, you already know about me and debate, arguments etc.

chillv said:
Because it's arguing

Amphituber said:

Also, its okay for you to state your opinions but its not okay for others to state theirs in response? If you want that, go start a blog or something. You are on an internet forum, a place explicitly made for the purpose of discussing and sharing differing opinions. All I'm saying is you have to give respect to get it.

Amphituber said:
chillv said:
Because it's arguing

Amphituber said:

Fine!

Okay, disregarding all of that stuff NSY said about me because it really isn't going to make me change nor does it have anything to do with this topic, I understand that people see this game in a certain way. However, that doesn't change the way the game was designed in accordance to the target audience. Just because someone is viewing something a certain way doesn't mean they are viewing something in the right way. My statements are very hypocritical, but they are still right nonetheless. <<Don't reply to this sentence...

Back