Hollywood Walk of Fame

MichiganMarioFan

They're perfectly mismatched
Banned User
The Hollywood Walk of Fame includes a series of over 2,500 stars embedded into sidewalks along Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. The stars honor the most celebrated people in the entertainment industry, including actors, musicians, directors, producers, musical and theatrical groups and even fictional characters.

Because there are so many people who have stars on the Walk of Fame, I'm only linking to this list to save time.

Does your favorite have a star? Plus, have any suggestions on who should be honored with a star?

TheYoshiState said:
Sylveon said:
Mario is in there.

Pictures or he never received a star.

I checked the Wikipedia article. Doesn't seem like he's there

Mario definitely deserves a spot there

Jack McCoy said:
Why he's never won an oscar

oh boy my jimmies have reached maximum rustling

you think thats funny? i quit tumblr for 7 months because every day i would log in and read something about leonardo not winning an oscar. all day, every post, someone would turn it in to a leonardo post. every year for the past 6 years i've watched the oscars hoping that maybe, maybe this year will be the year he wins and all the jokes will end and leonardo's depression would end. he legit got depressed after he lost the golden globe to his own co-star in Django Unchained last year. you know he actually cut his hand when he broke that glass tumbler? oh, well how about in Body of Lies when he actually did request that he got hit in the fingers by a sledgehammer at full force to make it look realistic and nearly lost two fingers in the process? have you even SEEN inception, with leo's blood-curling cries when mal jumps out the window of a building and he watches? dont even get me started on how clear you can see his sadness when talking about his children in the movie, its so real. what about catch me if you can, where leonardo tricks everyone and evades the feds? bet you wouldve fallen for his trickery too. and the pain we see in him when his parents divorce in that movie is surreal. what about in the aviator, where leo goes mental at the end? i actually believed he relapsed and went under and his career was over afterwards. if none of this convinced you, i got two words: shutter island. i don't even need to explain that. this year at the oscars, where leo was nominated for best actor for the wolf of wall street(another great movie), at the red carpet he almost broke down and cried because someone asked him how he'd feel if he won the oscar. did you know that last year he announced he would take a break from acting for a long while after the wolf? thats right. it got to him. people would ask him about his oscar losing streak or comment on it, just like you did, and make him feel like a lousy actor. you just contributed to the Leonardo Depression train and guess what? you bought a first-class ticket.
Nick Fury said:
Godzilla has a Hollywood Walk of Fame Star.

Suck it, Leo.
Junketsu said:
Jack McCoy said:
Why he's never won an oscar

Leonardo NoOscaro
you guys aren't first-class ticket, you're riding with the conductor. how would you feel if you poured your heart into something you loved for 23 years and for you to lose every single year to some b-list scrub no one's heard of rather than you, who's established and a household name at this point? i don't know, i'd feel pretty fucking awful, but i'd feel even worse if i was making jokes about it. i wrote a strongly-worded letter to the academy awards this year stating how i feel about their negligence of leo and him not winning anything, and i have yet to hear a response. leo's starred in nearly 30 films, and he's produced slightly over ten of them. try telling me he doesnt deserve a star on the walk of fame i dare you. hugh jackman's been in less movies and been nominated only once for an oscar and he still has a star. this is coming from someone who's profile theme is wolverine: hugh jackman is nowhere near a good actor as leo. how many films can you list with hugh at the top of your head? probably like 6. now how many can you list with leo? my point exactly. and realize this: every movie you probably just thought up for leo was a big success. johnny depp was a big success but he's got no oscars, shall we rip on him too? also, i can't help to notice you have a nick fury theme going on there. let's read all the oscars he's won.
oh, right, he didn't win any either. bummer. i'm sorry if this came off as rude, i'm just tired of hearing all these jokes on leo for being oscarless when plenty of other great actors/actresses don't have any either.

tl;dr please don't make fun of leo because he doesnt have an oscar it's really rude, leo's heard some jokes, and it makes him feel bad

i know right he's such a prick oh my fucking god

Cybill Shepherd has a star. One of my favorite actresses :mario:

Also George M. Cohan has one ;D

Wolverine said:

Do you have any article that says he's depressed, or are you just going to fling that around as a way to guilt-trip someone into sharing your opinion? The most I've seen out of Leo in interviews about getting an oscar is akin to "lol idunno if i'll get one whatever." Any depression he's talked about has been about loneliness, not because not enough self-righteous kids wrote angry letters to the awards committee or that some people don't like his acting style. While I admit that Shoey does often fling incendiary-opinions into topics and really shouldn't do it because it causes horseshit like this, you sure took the bait much more than anyone I've seen and topped it off with a fucking "lol rustled my jimmies" topping. You may have quit tumblr for 7 months because of this but you didn't quit it long enough to lose the debate style. You're not defending an actor, you're using depression as a weapon to guilt someone into agreeing with what is wholly an opinion and nothing factual at all, and that's kinda disgusting. Get over this and get over yourself.

Morty said:
Wolverine said:

Do you have any article that says he's depressed, or are you just going to fling that around as a way to guilt-trip someone into sharing your opinion? The most I've seen out of Leo in interviews about getting an oscar is akin to "lol idunno if i'll get one whatever." Any depression he's talked about has been about loneliness, not because not enough self-righteous kids wrote angry letters to the awards committee or that some people don't like his acting style. While I admit that Shoey does often fling incendiary-opinions into topics and really shouldn't do it because it causes horseshit like this, you sure took the bait much more than anyone I've seen and topped it off with a fucking "lol rustled my jimmies" topping. You may have quit tumblr for 7 months because of this but you didn't quit it long enough to lose the debate style. You're not defending an actor, you're using depression as a weapon to guilt someone into agreeing with what is wholly an opinion and nothing factual at all, and that's kinda disgusting. Get over this and get over yourself.

Leo admits that he struggles to cope when he's not surrounding by friends or family members and that he begins to suffer from depression, just like his character in the movie.
well, we're both kinda right, unless if they're using depressed in a different context as me. yeah, i'll admit i got carried away. sorry shoey, sorry anton, sorry everyone

Back