Calling it now!

3D Player 2004

Your local Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong fan
Banned User
Super Smash Bros U and Mario Kart 8 will cause the Wii U to at least triple in total sales in the next year timeframe.

Just take a look at the GCN, Super Smash Bros Melee and Mario Kart: Double Dash were the 2 biggest sellers on that console just for an example.

One of the parts of my life that I regret the most is having a PS2, my life would have been so much better with a GameCube instead (though it wasn't neccesarily my choice on which console to get either).

Well there is one thing I do like about the PS2, and that is playing Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and Spiderman games.

This topic is necessary...why?

two games arent enough to make a difference, as there will be a decline eventually in those games.

This topic is necessary...why?

because some people are desperate for the wii u to do well.

They also like creating an additional thing to click on.

Mrs. Doubtfire said:
my finger is tired from clicking all these topics that could be put into one topic

....i know you're joking.

Aiko Heiwa said:
my prediction: mk8 and smash 4 will cause a bump in wii u sales but will ultimately be meaningless

I strongly disagree.

I think it'll be closer to 3D Player 2004's statement that statement, but not by 3x as much.

3D Player 2004 said:
One of the parts of my life that I regret the most is having a PS2, my life would have been so much better with a GameCube instead (though it wasn't neccesarily my choice on which console to get either).
hey the ps2 was great

Ulrich said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
my prediction: mk8 and smash 4 will cause a bump in wii u sales but will ultimately be meaningless

I strongly disagree.

I think it'll be closer to 3D Player 2004's statement that statement, but not by 3x as much.
A lot of the problem is advertising as well.

3D Player 2004 said:

I would like this post if I could.

New Super Mario said:
A lot of the problem is advertising as well.
I wish we had good commercials back like the Gamecube ones or the "Wii would like to play."

EDIT: I mean like commercials like those but better.

I think it is going to pick up. Now that we've gotten to the point that the whole "new console generation!" hype has died down a bit, people will start legitimately considering their options on what to get this generation other than just 'brand loyalty'. Like, all the people who bought a PS4 and are thinking "Hmm, that Wii U is pretty cheap and already has some good games on it."

List of killer apps for this gen's consoles:

Wii U:
Mario Kart 8
SSB4

Xbox One:
Titanfall

PS4:
*cricket chirp*

3D Player 2004 said:
ps2 pwns NGC imo
better graphics,
better processing,
NORMAL SIZED DISCS :P

The small discs only existed to help prevent piracy.
EDIT: I fixed my grammar. I forgot one of the rules was to use proper grammar if possible.

and like nearly every single anti-piracy measure, it ended up back-firing on them

the ps2 has so much piracy ;)

the way I see it (included the wii and dreamcast since they were sort of between generations)
this is how I rank that generation of consoles

NGC
Dreamcast
Xbox
PS2
Wii

Xbox360 and PS3 had a gen all to themselves, and then that leaves the current generation

Back