Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Wishlist

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
I'm sure there's a topic like this already out there but I'm too lazy to search for it at the moment (plus I'm a bit pressed for time). If there IS a topic like this, post a link to it and lock this...

Although, this COULD just be a topic about who I'D personally want to see playable. Tons of other people have made their own topics about who they'd like to see playable...

So yeah, I figured I'd re-adjust my top 10 list based on what we saw last week. I'm even beefing my Top 10 list to a Top 15 list, because there are just so many characters I can't contain them all!

1.) Ridley (Metroid; yes, I still think he's possible, for reasons I've discussed elsewhere)
2.) Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
3.) Krystal (Star Fox)
4.) Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jo)
5.) Mewtwo's return (Pokémon)
6.) Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)
7.) Isaac (Golden Sun)
8.) Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
9.) Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby)
10.) Mii (Wii, 3DS, Wii U)/Andy (Advance Wars)
11.) Starman (or any other Pro Wrestling character)
12.) Ghirahim (to fill out The Legend of Zelda roster)/Bowser Jr. (to fill out the Mario roster)
13.) Palutena (Kid Icarus, just because it's so expected by this point...)
14.) Chrom and/or Anna (Fire Emblem)
15.) Mike Jones (StarTropics)

Yeah, I know I cheated by tying two characters together, but you know what? My list, my rules!

Honorable Mentions:

-Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
-King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
-Tingle (The Legend of Zelda... no really)
-Sylux (Metroid)
-Kamek (Yoshi)
-Jigglypuff's return (Pokémon, even though I figured this would go without saying, but whatever...)
-Black Shadow (I honestly would have preferred Samurai Goroh, but I would also like another F-Zero rep)
-Flint (Mother 3)
-Hector (Fire Emblem)
-Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
-Captain Syrup (Wario Land... a man can dream, can't he?)
-Magnus (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
-Mach Rider
-Muddy (Mole Mania)
-Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

Why is it just playable character wish list? I'd like to have the following:

1. Buffed Mario
2. Buffed Link
3. Unrestricted pause camera
4. No pity final smashes
5. AI that doesn't gang up on you
6. More alternate colors
7. Melee airdodging

And in the future, the game can be easily opened to modding.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Why is it just playable character wish list? I'd like to have the following:

1. Buffed Mario
2. Buffed Link
3. Unrestricted pause camera
4. No pity final smashes
5. AI that doesn't gang up on you
6. More alternate colors
7. Melee airdodging

And in the future, the game can be easily opened to modding.
I actually am working on a HUGE list of suggestions for alternate costumes... Yeah, this post is actually so huge I'm actively working on it bit-by-bit. Prepare yourselves! >: D

I pretty much agree with all of that, except for Melee airdodging, since I like the airdodging in Brawl, as it doesn't immediately send you into helpless mode. Also, I highly doubt Nintendo would let players openly mod their games, since they're not open about that before, and it's unlikely that they'll change their minds anytime soon.

My biggest request is Melee speed gameplay. I'm not asking for stuff like wavedashing and l cancelling, just a faster game with more hitstun. This game seems to be delivering that much at least.

Besides, the Brawl air dodge has already been confirmed.

Nick Fury said:
My biggest request is Melee speed gameplay. I'm not asking for stuff like wavedashing and l cancelling, just a faster game with more hitstun. This game seems to be delivering that much at least.

Besides, the Brawl air dodge has already been confirmed.
Sakurai has stated that the speed of this game is inbetween Melee and Brawl speed.

Also, I honestly think bringing back "wavedashing" is going too far. Even though I've heard of it, I've never used it, and I think it's something only hardcore fans of Melee care about.

I'm going to have to think of other general things I'd add to my wishlist... For now, off the top of my head, I'd like

-Bowser's Castle stage
-King Hippo and/or Bald Bull Assist Trophy
-Rock Pikmin somehow incorporated into Olimar's moveset (since Pikmin come out in a set order, maybe they'll be his down special move)

Smashgoom202 said:
I pretty much agree with all of that, except for Melee airdodging, since I like the airdodging in Brawl, as it doesn't immediately send you into helpless mode. Also, I highly doubt Nintendo would let players openly mod their games, since they're not open about that before, and it's unlikely that they'll change their minds anytime soon.
I think Melee airdodging has more uses/is more fair because you can't spam it, and you can use it as a quick, aerial maneuver or a good third jump (its landing lag isn't as bad as up-special). Meh, I won't die without it, but if Brawl air dodging is confirmed, so be it.

As for modding, that's why I didn't include modding in the wishlist. Modding is going to happen neverthless; hackers are a creative bunch; and once it happens, it's going to make a great game even better.

Nick Fury said:
I don't miss wave-dashing or L-canceling, but I do like the SHFFL (Short-Hop, Fast Fall, L-cancel) to return. You don't need L-canceling for SHFFL, so; you just need low landing lag from attacks. I also appreciate higher hitstun, since the near-lack of it in Brawl is a nuisance. Finally, I'd like Stale Move Negation toned down or outright removed because it doesn't really help in gameplay, competitively or casually.

Smashgoom202 said:
Also, I honestly think bringing back "wavedashing" is going too far. Even though I've heard of it, I've never used it, and I think it's something only hardcore fans of Melee care about.
You need Melee airdodging to wavedash effectively, so without it, it's unlikely it will return.

Rocket '3Koon said:
I just hope regular Samus and Mega Man aren't terrible.
I don't think anyone wants his or her mains to be/remain terrible.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I think Melee airdodging has more uses/is more fair because you can't spam it, and you can use it as a quick, aerial maneuver or a good third jump (its landing lag isn't as bad as up-special). Meh, I won't die without it, but if Brawl air dodging is confirmed, so be it.

As for modding, that's why I didn't include modding in the wishlist. Modding is going to happen neverthless; hackers are a creative bunch; and once it happens, it's going to make a great game even better.

Nick Fury said:
I don't miss wave-dashing or L-canceling, but I do like the SHFFL (Short-Hop, Fast Fall, L-cancel) to return. You don't need L-canceling for SHFFL, so; you just need low landing lag from attacks. I also appreciate higher hitstun, since the near-lack of it in Brawl is a nuisance. Finally, I'd like Stale Move Negation toned down or outright removed because it doesn't really help in gameplay, competitively or casually.

Smashgoom202 said:
You need Melee airdodging to wavedash effectively, so without it, it's unlikely it will return.

Rocket '3Koon said:
I just hope regular Samus and Mega Man aren't terrible.
I don't think anyone wants his or her mains to be/remain terrible.
In regards to your point about stale move negation, it wasn't present in the demo match Sakurai played at E3. Of course, that was a very early stage of the game, so we'll have to wait and see.

Brawl's stale move negation was horrendous. I can live with Melee's and Super Smash Bros.'s since it didn't reduce knockback, but Brawl basically limited kill options for those with already limited kill options, since it reduces both damage AND knockback.

Oh, and another thing I'd like to have is the option to pummel the AI with a friend in online play. But, I'm not counting on it, so I'm expecting wi-fi mode to gather lots and lots of dust like it always had.

Since Mega Man's final smash will feature the Battle Network and Star Force versions, I'd like trophies for MegaMan.EXE, Lan Hikari, Geo Stelar and Omega-Xis. Roll and Proto Man as Assist Trophies.

Egg Emperor and Metal Harbor music.

Team Magma/Aqua battle music. The Pokemon Gym theme without the evolution theme.

Final Smashes that are related to the character's franchise and not made up specifically for Brawl.

A Bowser's Castle stage.

-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Waddle Dee
-Mega Man doesn't suck
-Waddle Dee

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
I just want Mario to FINALLY get his ground pound move and the tornado move to return.
The FLUDD was dumb and a waste of a moveslot, I know.

Lol I go to the Smash Bros. Board and every single one of the top few topics are made by SmashGoom.
Also-
Assist Trophies:
-Waddle Dee
-Kamek &/or Kammy
-The Koopalings
-Samurai Goroh
-Shy Guy
-Monty Mole
-Captain Syrup
-Cranky Kong
-Dixie Kong
-K. Rool (If not a character)
-Porky
-Dark Samus
-Black Shadow

So's Dillon, all as Assist Trophies.

Despite being number 2 on my list, I'm not all that disappointed. I always felt it was a long-shot anyway. I'm just glad he's in the game at all.

Should probably update my wishlist, then. I'll add Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight, I keep forgetting him for some reason despite wanting him pretty badly.

Cirdec said:
Or it should have a better area of effect and better knockback.
Or it can be used as a flipping recovery move.

Smashgoom202 said:

Despite being number 2 on my list, I'm not all that disappointed. I always felt it was a long-shot anyway. I'm just glad he's in the game at all.
Hindsight bias.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Hindsight bias.
What's that supposed to mean?

"I knew it all along." thing.

I've revised my character wishlist for who I want to see in these new games. I've also tried to narrow it down to who I absolutely want to see in this game, so no "Honorable Mentions". This is kind of happened with Brawl, in that when it got closer and closer to the release date, fun character ideas stopped coming and I started seriously considering who would make the cut this time around. Either way, here's what I have:

1.) Ridley (Metroid; don't even start :mad:)
2.) Krystal (Star Fox)
3.) Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jo)
4.) Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
5.) Isaac (Golden Sun)
6.) Mewtwo's return (Pokémon)
7.) Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
8.) Chorus Men/Choir Boys (Rhythm Heaven; since it's the most interesting thing out of the Gematsu leak)
9.) Ghirahim (to fill out The Legend of Zelda roster)/Bowser Jr. (to fill out the Mario roster)
10.) Chrom and/or Anna (Fire Emblem; I'd prefer Anna, though Chrom would be more likely)

Casey Jones said:
Final Smashes that are related to the character's franchise and not made up specifically for Brawl.

Well, so much for that.

I kind of wanted Hawlucha to be playable, but with Greninja representing Kalos, that's probably not going to happen. But hey, Greninja's cool.

I am a bit disappointed that Wily's Castle is a Wii U only stage. Hopefully the 3DS version gets a Mega Man stage as well.

Smashgoom202 said:
10.) Chrom and/or Anna (Fire Emblem; I'd prefer Anna, though Chrom would be more likely)
ah, excellent choice

it really is too bad that we only see lords in super smash bros. they're usually super boring (chrom wasn't bad, but still)

Back