Okay, I have thought about it, and...

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
I have had a change of thought. I am excited for Smash Bros. However, my excitement for it is like lukewarm water. For some reason, they haven't been able to amaze me with anything, even with the Nintendo Direct.

The online features are nice and I was glad to hear that there is match making according to your skill level. However, online is not something I am all that excited about. This is mostly because playing with strangers online, even if you were able to voice with them, doesn't really replace having fun playing with freinds. And just to add, I have zero experience with Brawl's online because I didn't have Wi-Fi at the time and my Brawl doesn't work now. In fact, I traded it in long time ago. But in all honesty, I had no problem using the CPU to fill in a gap for another player.

I guess seeing some in depth stuff for movesets, items and stages are neat, but it won't make or break the game for me.

I am sort of annoyed that Smash Run is not in the Wii U version. Like he already ommitted the story mode from Brawl. Why not include something like this in the Wii U version to compensate too? Someone said don't worry and that the Wii U version probably will get something special too, and I hope so, because I am not buying the 3DS version.

Customizable movesets are cool I guess, but this isn't nothing that amazes me by any means, especially since hackers can probably do the same thing.

But do you want to know what the main problem is....?

Me!

The people I used to play this game with either won't play anything with me anymore because they are interested in other thing, or I am not able to get in touch with them and ask "Hey, do you wanna come over to play some Smash Bros. with me?". And to be honest, this is a fighting game that you will get the most fun out of if you play it with others. I myself found some weird way to find fun out of the previous games by myself. However, I don't know if that is the case with this game. I want to play it, but I don't want to buy a game that is going to just collect dust in a week or so.

Also, in closing, I am not a competitive player. I'm just a Smash player, I don't categorize myself as anything, not a noob, not a professional, not a hardcore or anything. Just a person who likes to play Smash Bros. In addition, disregard the stuff I said about it possibly being a series I will lose interest in.

And with that being said, I know what the REAL reason as to why I am not excited. There isn't any real gameplay of this game. Its not even finished yet and even Sakurai himself said that some stuff may change. In fact, why did I even say all that I said last time? I just judged the whole game based on what I seen of the unfinished product! However, I believe I was disappointed from what I saw and I let that get the best of me.

Back